• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2024 12:01 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
So now the PPV has Nia vs Rhonda and I am pretty sure we know how that match will end.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Zero1 wrote: So now the PPV has Nia vs Rhonda and I am pretty sure we know how that match will end.
I think it's going to be a non-finish, probably by DQ. It's too early for Rhonda to have the belt, and you can't have her lose already. I'm betting it's Nattie attacking her, setting up for their match at Summerslam.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Banned
Apr 6, 2018
20 posts
13 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote: This is an extremely dumb question to ask if you've ever watched tv shows or movies.
That's not real but does make sense and have stories in that. what do we get from wrestling ... suddenly a person come from no where and beat the champion and become famous Wowwwww
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
cryptokash wrote: That's not real but does make sense and have stories in that. what do we get from wrestling ... suddenly a person come from no where and beat the champion and become famous Wowwwww
Wrestling has no stories, eh? If that's what you believe, then I suggest you stay out of this thread and keep those ignorant comments to yourself.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 7, 2003
886 posts
128 upvotes
Zero1 wrote: So now the PPV has Nia vs Rhonda and I am pretty sure we know how that match will end.
My prediction:
- Natalia will win the MITB match
- Ronda beats Nia for the belt
- Natalia will come out to seemingly congratulate Ronda, but will cash in and take the title from her
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
That is definitely a possibility. The longer I see Nia with the belt, the less I want her to have it. My feelings towards the reign has changed since they haven't really made her defend it at all since the rematch (let alone even wrestle).
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Zero1 wrote: That is definitely a possibility. The longer I see Nia with the belt, the less I want her to have it. My feelings towards the reign has changed since they haven't really made her defend it at all since the rematch (let alone even wrestle).
Looks like the higher powers in WWE felt the same way. I wasn't a fan of Nia's reign either, they couldn't make up their mind on whether Nia was a face or a heel. Raw's roster of female wrestlers is so lacking compared to Smackdown at the moment. Only Alexa and Rhonda are interesting, and they've made Sasha and Bailey completely irrelevant and boring with their lame feud.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 14, 2016
914 posts
948 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
Pro graps fans, here's your smile (smirk?) for today: a dude on IG actually tried to argue that Bullet Club merch has taken over, that BC shirts have outsold all WWE merchandise combined. The guy offered as proof that "everyone at WWE wears BC shirts" and that Bullet Club shirts sold out in less than an hour when they went on sale.

I want to say this guy is just a troll, but he was dead serious. I'll readily admit I've seen the odd BC and New Japan shirt in WWE crowds, but it sure ain't everyone who's wearing them. By the same token, I've seen WWE shirts on fans attending ROH shows, so no, BC has definitely not taken over. And selling out shirts in an hour isn't that hard to do if you're talking about a few hundred or even 1000. If BC sold several hundred thousand shirts in an hour then I'd be impressed.

As for Bullet Club gear outselling all of WWE merch, maybe that has happened...in some alternate reality where NJPW and ROH have millions to spend on marketing like the 'E does. For people who like underdog stories, it'd be nice to fantasize about crowds at WWE shows consisting of nothing but a sea of BC shirts and fans dressed as Marty Scurl, the Bucks, or even Hangman Page...but fantasy ain't reality.

This whole thing put a smile on my face so I thought I would just share. :)
If you're delivering a pizza to a guy, and he comes to the door naked, don't ask for a tip.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
PlainDealer wrote: Pro graps fans, here's your smile (smirk?) for today: a dude on IG actually tried to argue that Bullet Club merch has taken over, that BC shirts have outsold all WWE merchandise combined. The guy offered as proof that "everyone at WWE wears BC shirts" and that Bullet Club shirts sold out in less than an hour when they went on sale.

I want to say this guy is just a troll, but he was dead serious. I'll readily admit I've seen the odd BC and New Japan shirt in WWE crowds, but it sure ain't everyone who's wearing them. By the same token, I've seen WWE shirts on fans attending ROH shows, so no, BC has definitely not taken over. And selling out shirts in an hour isn't that hard to do if you're talking about a few hundred or even 1000. If BC sold several hundred thousand shirts in an hour then I'd be impressed.

As for Bullet Club gear outselling all of WWE merch, maybe that has happened...in some alternate reality where NJPW and ROH have millions to spend on marketing like the 'E does. For people who like underdog stories, it'd be nice to fantasize about crowds at WWE shows consisting of nothing but a sea of BC shirts and fans dressed as Marty Scurl, the Bucks, or even Hangman Page...but fantasy ain't reality.

This whole thing put a smile on my face so I thought I would just share. :)
A sea of BC shirts at WWE events would be a pretty cool sight. But BC outselling WWE merch? I find that very hard to believe.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 14, 2016
914 posts
948 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
sharpshooter88 wrote: A sea of BC shirts at WWE events would be a pretty cool sight.
Unless Vince orders his tech crew to blur out the shirts on the broadcasts. Dunno about you, but I found those old WWE DVDs with the scratch logo blurred in every shot kinda hard to watch. >:
If you're delivering a pizza to a guy, and he comes to the door naked, don't ask for a tip.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
PlainDealer wrote: Unless Vince orders his tech crew to blur out the shirts on the broadcasts. Dunno about you, but I found those old WWE DVDs with the scratch logo blurred in every shot kinda hard to watch. >:
Hahaha. Oh Vince...
I've really given up on Raw recently, I haven't watched the last few episodes and just stuck to listening to podcast reviews on it. Just too awful to waste 3 hours on. I'm mildly interested in Extreme Rules at the moment..
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
sharpshooter88 wrote: Hahaha. Oh Vince...
I've really given up on Raw recently, I haven't watched the last few episodes and just stuck to listening to podcast reviews on it. Just too awful to waste 3 hours on. I'm mildly interested in Extreme Rules at the moment..
This week was crap but that's expected from an episode before a PPV. The rest were alright imo. That being said, I'm certainly not paying full attention to them. I take my laptop out to the backyard and do gardening work while watching Raw/Smackdown. Usually give it a 30-40 minute buffer so I can skip commercials and such.
Dec 14, 2016
914 posts
948 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
sharpshooter88 wrote: I've really given up on Raw recently, I haven't watched the last few episodes and just stuck to listening to podcast reviews on it. Just too awful to waste 3 hours on. I'm mildly interested in Extreme Rules at the moment..
About Raw--that applies to you and me both. I actually can't stand the wrestling and storylines on the main roster anymore and am actually very thankful for that as I get several hours of my week freed up by skipping the two flagship shows. (Hey Vince, how do you have two flagship shows? Doesn't a fleet just have one flagship?)

I find NXT watchable but is now a shadow of its heyday back in 2014 when everyone there (like Zayn, Tyson Kidd, CJ Parker, Charlotte, and Justin Gabriel) were firing on all cylinders and every show was an A or even A+. The recent UK tournament wasn't bad, but for weekly wrestling shows, I find myself gravitating towards Ring of Honor. ROH most definitely doesn't hit it out of the park every week like 2014 NXT, but I find the wrestling a lot more entertaining and the show takes only an hour of my week.

As for Extreme Rules, I'm hoping it'll be decent, but the PPV has really come a long way down from One Night Stand from 2005. I don't need to see barbed wire bats and guys going through flaming tables, but Vince's idea of extreme ain't anything close to what the wrestlers did at ONS '05.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
PlainDealer wrote: About Raw--that applies to you and me both. I actually can't stand the wrestling and storylines on the main roster anymore and am actually very thankful for that as I get several hours of my week freed up by skipping the two flagship shows. (Hey Vince, how do you have two flagship shows? Doesn't a fleet just have one flagship?)

I find NXT watchable but is now a shadow of its heyday back in 2014 when everyone there (like Zayn, Tyson Kidd, CJ Parker, Charlotte, and Justin Gabriel) were firing on all cylinders and every show was an A or even A+. The recent UK tournament wasn't bad, but for weekly wrestling shows, I find myself gravitating towards Ring of Honor. ROH most definitely doesn't hit it out of the park every week like 2014 NXT, but I find the wrestling a lot more entertaining and the show takes only an hour of my week.

As for Extreme Rules, I'm hoping it'll be decent, but the PPV has really come a long way down from One Night Stand from 2005. I don't need to see barbed wire bats and guys going through flaming tables, but Vince's idea of extreme ain't anything close to what the wrestlers did at ONS '05.
I don't follow NXT that closely but I try to keep up with the major storylines and watch the Takeovers. I'm just sad at what Sasha and Bailey has become. How they were able to ruin a natural babyface like Bailey just baffles me. And geez, can they please turn Sasha full on heel? That counselling session from last week sounded terrible from what I heard.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: This week was crap but that's expected from an episode before a PPV. The rest were alright imo. That being said, I'm certainly not paying full attention to them. I take my laptop out to the backyard and do gardening work while watching Raw/Smackdown. Usually give it a 30-40 minute buffer so I can skip commercials and such.
This was me up until last moment. I just couldn't stand watching Raw even in the background anymore. They just aren't trying after they got their massive TV deals and the guaranteed money.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 14, 2016
914 posts
948 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
Evil Baby wrote: This week was crap but that's expected from an episode before a PPV. The rest were alright imo.
Saw highlights of the brawl at the beginning of the show, which was meh. I think Creative may have unintentionally highlighted how boring Lashley's character is by having Roman constantly referring to him as 'Bob'.

Did SDL by any chance attempt to incorporate Nakamura getting bitten by a bomb-sniffing dog into their storyline? With it being the Reality Era that wouldn't have surprised me for a second.
sharpshooter88 wrote: I'm just sad at what Sasha and Bailey has become. How they were able to ruin a natural babyface like Bailey just baffles me. And geez, can they please turn Sasha full on heel? That counselling session from last week sounded terrible from what I heard.
Anything that NXT can do well the main roster can screw up. (It's not just Bayley and Sasha: take a look at Becky who's been spinning her wheels for months, The Ascension who were booked as hosses in NXT but are comic relief on the MR--same as The Revival.) I think Vince was worried that Bayley wasn't getting the big reactions that she was getting down at NXT and is doing his typical thing of trying to tweak her character instead of booking her properly. I guess he never watched Bayley's matches down in NXT (like the off-the-wall insane one against Sasha from Takeover Brooklyn) to understand that it was every bit as much about her in-ring work as her character that made her such a huge fan favourite.

And agree 100% on Sasha: she is freaking awesome as a heel. I have no idea what Vince is waiting for.

The counselling storyline worked to get Team Hell No over, so the WWE logic is 'Let's do it again. So what if we run it into the ground? It's not like we have anything else we can give them.'
sharpshooter88 wrote: They just aren't trying after they got their massive TV deals and the guaranteed money.
I hadn't thought of that, but I can fully see that being the case. I think also that Vince is obsessed with trying to compete against non-wrestling programming, which is why get Total Bellas promos shoved down our throats along with ‘exclusive clips’ from movies that wrestlers are in or that the WWE helped to produce. Lord help us once XFL 2.0 gets in gear…Cole and Phillips are going to give us football highlights during every match. >:
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
PlainDealer wrote: Saw highlights of the brawl at the beginning of the show, which was meh. I think Creative may have unintentionally highlighted how boring Lashley's character is by having Roman constantly referring to him as 'Bob'.
I had stopped watching wrestling last time Lashly was around but it is cringe worthy how bad he is on the mic. Just get him a manager already.
Did SDL by any chance attempt to incorporate Nakamura getting bitten by a bomb-sniffing dog into their storyline? With it being the Reality Era that wouldn't have surprised me for a second.
Sadly, no.

I hope he wins this weekend though. It would be a bit odd for him to win after Jeff just changed into Nero character but I would like to see Nak with a belt.
Dec 14, 2016
914 posts
948 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
So Extreme Rules had some...passable matches. I did notice, though, that there were a couple of spots that really irritated me because they went beyond what was believeable. (Yes, I realize this is pro graps we're talking about, but booking does get pretty ridiculous.) Without going into spoilers, in one particular match, guy A superplexed guy B off the top rope and then rolled through to drill B with a suplex driver. A went for the cover right away, but B kicked out!

I remember matches ending with a superplex, never mind one that's followed by another power move. What's next? A guy is going to take a Mick Foley-style dive off the top of a Cell, go through a couple of tables, and then just pop back up to walk it off? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

It's really hard to be a wrestling fans some days. >:
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
PlainDealer wrote: So Extreme Rules had some...passable matches. I did notice, though, that there were a couple of spots that really irritated me because they went beyond what was believeable. (Yes, I realize this is pro graps we're talking about, but booking does get pretty ridiculous.) Without going into spoilers, in one particular match, guy A superplexed guy B off the top rope and then rolled through to drill B with a suplex driver. A went for the cover right away, but B kicked out!

I remember matches ending with a superplex, never mind one that's followed by another power move. What's next? A guy is going to take a Mick Foley-style dive off the top of a Cell, go through a couple of tables, and then just pop back up to walk it off? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

It's really hard to be a wrestling fans some days. >:
It's a little concerning imo how useless finishers are now. I mean there will be matches where a guy will get hit with 7 finishers and still not loose to a 3 count.