PC & Video Games

Official Xbox One X Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2018 12:10 pm

Poll: So you're purchasing an "X". Which category do you fall into?

• Total votes: 76. You have voted on this poll.
You are replacing your Xbox One/S with an X

55%
You are supplementing your Xbox One/S with an X

16%
You did not have a Xbox One/S prior to purchasing an X

29%
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote: I find the "get a PC" argument really hollow and a bit annoying, I want a turn key pleasant looking box that sits under my TV.
If I wanted to do all my gaming on my PC I could have done that a long time ago, its been a really good platform for quite a while, but its still not a console.
equally annoying is how people are complaining consoles are too expensive...yet there's nothing that can run close to its performance anywhere near its price bracket. 12GB of GDDR5 does not come cheap. The teardown video suggests they've also put tons into R&D (form factor, liquid-cooling)

and like hello, have you seen our dollar?

i understand six bills is no small change...but it's all about pay to play if you want a great experience otherwise just buy a One S for literally half the price. No one is forcing consumers to get the latest and 'greatest'...not even Apple despite what you might think (their iPad have not changed in resolution in 5 years...although the battery life and speed might be an issue according to a family member haha)

and also, did everyone forget that PS3 10 years ago costed $699? That's over $800 adjusted for inflation
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
156 upvotes
twitchyzero wrote: equally annoying is how people are complaining consoles are too expensive...yet there's nothing that can run close to its performance anywhere near its price bracket. 12GB of GDDR5 does not come cheap. The teardown video suggests they've also put tons into R&D (form factor, liquid-cooling)

and like hello, have you seen our dollar?

i understand six bills is no small change...but it's all about pay to play if you want a great experience otherwise just buy a One S for literally half the price. No one is forcing consumers to get the latest and 'greatest'...not even Apple despite what you might think (their iPad have not changed in resolution in 5 years...although the battery life and speed might be an issue according to a family member haha)

and also, did everyone forget that PS3 10 years ago costed $699? That's over $800 adjusted for inflation
Price is fine, lack of games is not. So therefore, it's not worth $599.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Pre-orders are up for those interested. Nice limited edition day one Project Scorpio console. Already sold out at Ebgames.ca and Amazon.ca
Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/-/1 ... videogames

Walmart:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/xbox-one-x/6000197211770

If you want one of these you should probably lock in now. Otherwise sounds like there will be the regular version up for pre-order in the coming weeks.

EDIT: Sold Out at Best Buy but still up at Walmart. Although not clear with Walmart if it is the Scorpio limited edition. You know them, lol.
Last edited by mrtvgame on Aug 20th, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12726 upvotes
Toronto
Xbox One X enhanced games list:
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Anthem
ARK: Survival Evolved (Game Preview)
Ashen
Assassin’s Creed Origins
ASTRONEER (Game Preview)
Battlerite
Below
Black Desert
Brawlout
Chess Ultra
CODE VEIN
Conan Exiles
Crackdown 3
Danger Zone
Dark and Light
Darksiders III
Dead Rising 4
Deep Rock Galactic
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition
Dishonored 2
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
Disneyland Adventures
Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
DRAGON BALL Fighter Z
Dynasty Warriors 9
EA SPORTS FIFA 18
Elex THQ Nordic
Elite: Dangerous
EVERSPACE
F1 2017
Fable Fortune
Fallout 4
Farming Simulator 17
Final Fantasy XV
Firewatch
For Honor
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Motorsport 7
Gears of War 4
Gravel
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo Wars 2
Hand of Fate 2
Hello Neighbor
HITMAN
Homefront: The Revolution
Injustice 2
Jurassic Park
Killer Instinct
Killing Floor 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Madden NFL 18
Mafia III
Mantis Burn Racing
METAL GEAR SURVIVE
Metro: Exodus
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
Minion Masters
Monster Hunter: World
NBA 2K18
Need for Speed Payback
Ooblets
Ori and the Will of the Wisp
Outcast – Second Contact
Outlast 2
Paladins
Path of Exile
Pixar Rush
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
Portal Knights
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
Project Cars 2
Quantum Break
Raiders of the Broken Planet
Railway Empire
Real Farm Simulator 2017
ReCore
Resident Evil 7 biohazard
RiME
ROBLOX
Robocraft Infinity
Rocket League
Sea of Thieves
Slime Rancher
SMITE
Sonic Forces
Star Wars II Battlefront
State of Decay 2
STEEP
Strange Brigade
Super Lucky’s Tale
SUPERHOT
Surviving Mars
Tennis World Tour
The Artful Escape
The Crew 2
The Darwin Project
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
The Last Night Raw
The Long Dark
The Surge
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Titanfall 2
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
Tom Clancy’s The Division
Train Sim World
TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge
Warframe
Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide
We Happy Few
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
World of Tanks
WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship
Zoo Tycoon
Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/over-100-games-wi ... 1Zl0Tb1.99
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12726 upvotes
Toronto
Dpack22 wrote: That will drive sales like crazy I'd imagine. I haven't been this hooked on a multiplayer game since WoW.
I'm looking forward to playing it. MS is probably throwing a ton of $ into to ensure it gets out before the holiday season. If MS was smart, they'd release a bundle: Xbox One X, Battlegrounds and one year of XBL for $50 more.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Thats pretty good list so far of "enhanced games" it's unfortunately missing Sunset Overdrive, hopefully they can strike a deal with Insomniac.
I expect that list to grow as we get closer to launch, Destiny 2 and CoD WWII are curiously missing, probably a marketing deal.

I may be mis-remembering but IRRC the PS4Pro only had a handful of first party titles that were patched at launch and a few big third party games like CoD so this thing is definitely getting the support I'd like to see.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Seems like the scalpers have struck again, lol. Multiple kijiji listings at $1,000.00 Come on now.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12726 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote: Seems like the scalpers have struck again, lol. Multiple kijiji listings at $1,000.00 Come on now.
??? You going to put a deposit on a pre-order from a scalper?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
9394 wrote: ??? You going to put a deposit on a pre-order from a scalper?
Not me. Just can't believe they are out in droves the day after the pre-orders went live and sold out. Asking for $50 profit is one thing but out of the gate asking for $320 upcharge is plain asinine.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
They will end up eating their hat if people are savvy, Microsoft isn't going to supply constrain this. They will want to move systems while they can in the holiday season. There will be a ton of supply. The initial preorder allocation was only 40k but people are freaking out as if it's a Nintendo launch so the resellers are going nuts. More preorder stock and launch stock is guaranteed, Microsoft has a good supply chain.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Redmask wrote: They will end up eating their hat if people are savvy, Microsoft isn't going to supply constrain this. They will want to move systems while they can in the holiday season. There will be a ton of supply. The initial preorder allocation was only 40k but people are freaking out as if it's a Nintendo launch so the resellers are going nuts. More preorder stock and launch stock is guaranteed, Microsoft has a good supply chain.
It's more about the "Scorpio" limited edition that got the re-sellers going. If it was just plain there would be little need. people like limited editions and as such they will sell. Just like the Day One edition of Xbox One in 2013. When they said they are limited I expect them to be just like 20 anniversary PS4s. The fact that this is largest pre-order thus far for an Xbox console is interesting.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
To be honest I thought the Scorpio edition stuff was meh and much prefer the look of the stock SKU without the little green text. It's very sleek and understated, a great addition to any home theater. But I guess people just really like the word limited.

I think the best SKU shown was that Minecraft one with the redstone on the back of the controller. I don't know they limited it to the Xbox One S though, would've been really popular as an Xbox One X (ugh these names) entry..
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Apparently pre-ordering for non-Scorpio aka regular versions of Xbox One X will commence this week at all retailers. I got an email from EB Games saying they will start Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. Assume everyone else will have it this week as well. It has been confirmed by M$ that Scorpio Editions are sold out and will not be offered.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12726 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote: Apparently pre-ordering for non-Scorpio aka regular versions of Xbox One X will commence this week at all retailers. I got an email from EB Games saying they will start Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. Assume everyone else will have it this week as well. It has been confirmed by M$ that Scorpio Editions are sold out and will not be offered.
Nice. I hope ebgames announces a trade-in program at the same time.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
9394 wrote: Nice. I hope ebgames announces a trade-in program at the same time.
For sure will be getting this if there's a trade in program.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)