PC & Video Games

Official Xbox One X Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2017 12:56 pm

Poll: So you're purchasing an "X". Which category do you fall into?

• Total votes: 68. You have voted on this poll.
You are replacing your Xbox One/S with an X

59%
You are supplementing your Xbox One/S with an X

16%
You did not have a Xbox One/S prior to purchasing an X

25%
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4841 posts
649 upvotes
calgary
Thats pretty good list so far of "enhanced games" it's unfortunately missing Sunset Overdrive, hopefully they can strike a deal with Insomniac.
I expect that list to grow as we get closer to launch, Destiny 2 and CoD WWII are curiously missing, probably a marketing deal.

I may be mis-remembering but IRRC the PS4Pro only had a handful of first party titles that were patched at launch and a few big third party games like CoD so this thing is definitely getting the support I'd like to see.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2196 posts
240 upvotes
Ajax
Seems like the scalpers have struck again, lol. Multiple kijiji listings at $1,000.00 Come on now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4954 posts
1769 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 1:30 pm
Seems like the scalpers have struck again, lol. Multiple kijiji listings at $1,000.00 Come on now.
??? You going to put a deposit on a pre-order from a scalper?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2196 posts
240 upvotes
Ajax
9394 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 1:36 pm
??? You going to put a deposit on a pre-order from a scalper?
Not me. Just can't believe they are out in droves the day after the pre-orders went live and sold out. Asking for $50 profit is one thing but out of the gate asking for $320 upcharge is plain asinine.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6031 posts
814 upvotes
Grimsby
They will end up eating their hat if people are savvy, Microsoft isn't going to supply constrain this. They will want to move systems while they can in the holiday season. There will be a ton of supply. The initial preorder allocation was only 40k but people are freaking out as if it's a Nintendo launch so the resellers are going nuts. More preorder stock and launch stock is guaranteed, Microsoft has a good supply chain.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2196 posts
240 upvotes
Ajax
Redmask wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 9:55 am
They will end up eating their hat if people are savvy, Microsoft isn't going to supply constrain this. They will want to move systems while they can in the holiday season. There will be a ton of supply. The initial preorder allocation was only 40k but people are freaking out as if it's a Nintendo launch so the resellers are going nuts. More preorder stock and launch stock is guaranteed, Microsoft has a good supply chain.
It's more about the "Scorpio" limited edition that got the re-sellers going. If it was just plain there would be little need. people like limited editions and as such they will sell. Just like the Day One edition of Xbox One in 2013. When they said they are limited I expect them to be just like 20 anniversary PS4s. The fact that this is largest pre-order thus far for an Xbox console is interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6031 posts
814 upvotes
Grimsby
To be honest I thought the Scorpio edition stuff was meh and much prefer the look of the stock SKU without the little green text. It's very sleek and understated, a great addition to any home theater. But I guess people just really like the word limited.

I think the best SKU shown was that Minecraft one with the redstone on the back of the controller. I don't know they limited it to the Xbox One S though, would've been really popular as an Xbox One X (ugh these names) entry..
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2196 posts
240 upvotes
Ajax
Apparently pre-ordering for non-Scorpio aka regular versions of Xbox One X will commence this week at all retailers. I got an email from EB Games saying they will start Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. Assume everyone else will have it this week as well. It has been confirmed by M$ that Scorpio Editions are sold out and will not be offered.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4954 posts
1769 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 3:39 pm
Apparently pre-ordering for non-Scorpio aka regular versions of Xbox One X will commence this week at all retailers. I got an email from EB Games saying they will start Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. Assume everyone else will have it this week as well. It has been confirmed by M$ that Scorpio Editions are sold out and will not be offered.
Nice. I hope ebgames announces a trade-in program at the same time.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1620 posts
704 upvotes
Hamilton
9394 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 5:18 pm
Nice. I hope ebgames announces a trade-in program at the same time.
For sure will be getting this if there's a trade in program.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4954 posts
1769 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 8:56 pm
I'm really tempted by this but I'm also tempted to hold out and see if Microsoft offers an upgrade program like the one they offered for Og xbox to xbox one s last year
I don't think they will. MS has repeatedly said the One X is not for everyone. The goal isn't to get everyone to switch like it was from Xbox One to One S.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4841 posts
649 upvotes
calgary
9394 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 9:12 pm
I don't think they will. MS has repeatedly said the One X is not for everyone. The goal isn't to get everyone to switch like it was from Xbox One to One S.
I don't see the difference between this time and last, if anything I think there is more incentive for people to switch because the console is considerably better. The actual issue might be this thing might be in more demand combined with a hardware shortage or something making it not worth the vendors while to offer aggressive trade in deals.

For anyone curious last year they were offering 200$ for an OG xbox + about 125$ in gift cards + a bargain bin game of your choice with the purchase of the 400$ 1TB Xbox one S with Fifa and they only wanted the console + power supply meaning you got to keep your controller/kinect/HDMI/headset from the existing console.

Im not expecting to get a practically free upgrade like last year but if I can get 200$ plus some gift cards I think its worth holding out for.

I did pre-order the Scorpio edition but I think Im just going to wait and see what kind of trade in deals hit when this thing is finally released.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)