PC & Video Games

Official Xbox One X Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2018 12:10 pm

Poll: So you're purchasing an "X". Which category do you fall into?

• Total votes: 76. You have voted on this poll.
You are replacing your Xbox One/S with an X

55%
You are supplementing your Xbox One/S with an X

16%
You did not have a Xbox One/S prior to purchasing an X

29%
Nov 5, 2017
4 posts
Yea left the package my work is only 10mins away from my house. So not a big deal I actually prefer it this way. I have cameras on my house so not that big of an issue. But Walmart did throw some stuff in with preorder. I got an xbox keychain. Shadow of war keychain and assassins creed origins thumb grips. Not bad as a thank you for choosing Walmart to preorder with.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
RageOfFury wrote: Canada Post left your package at your front door or they left a delivery notice? I'd freak out if Canada Post left my Xbox out in the open like that while I'm at work.
They shouldn't have left it at the front door as the label will clearly state DO NOT SAFE DROP. Meaning if someone stole it, CP would be on the hook and that postie would lose his or her job. I had a Wii stolen back a few years ago because of this. 2 actually! CP left on the porch and many teens go to and from high school in the area. Someone figured out what it was and took it. In the end money was refunded but during that time when Wiis were hard to come by it was a pain in the ass as BB had no liability or course to give me another one, just a refund after 10 days of investigation.
Mar 25, 2006
757 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
nice I was able to reserve one this morning at best buy ancaster! just picked it up and got a copy of nba 2k18.. can't wait!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Scorpio Edition now sold out at amazon.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
Cheapest scorpio edition was at the source: 600 - 25 (coupon) - 6 (ebates 1% cash back).
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
braveblade wrote: Cheapest scorpio edition was at the source: 600 - 25 (coupon) - 6 (ebates 1% cash back).
Yes if you were not upgrading, otherwise the $200 trade ins or selling privately ended up doing well for people.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2006
5352 posts
533 upvotes
FYI BestBuy is only offering $130 on the 1TB Xbox One S console. The 2TB is what will net you a $200 GC. Better to trade it at EB Games.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
TypeVR6 wrote: FYI BestBuy is only offering $130 on the 1TB Xbox One S console. The 2TB is what will net you a $200 GC. Better to trade it at EB Games.
Interesting. I sold my 1TB S privately last week for $250. If you have the time and patience it may be an option, although I would guess there will be many out there for sale decreasing the price.
Feb 24, 2009
551 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
I got jabaited by Canada Post. All of a sudden there is an exception on the delivery status, date changed to tomorrow. The heck?! :(
Mar 16, 2007
400 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
RageOfFury wrote: I got jabaited by Canada Post. All of a sudden there is an exception on the delivery status, date changed to tomorrow. The heck?! :(
Me too man..emails all say Nov 7 but the tracker is telling me tomorrow. #feelsbadman
Mar 16, 2007
400 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote: Interesting. I sold my 1TB S privately last week for $250. If you have the time and patience it may be an option, although I would guess there will be many out there for sale decreasing the price.
I sold my 500gb One S for $275..so definitely worth a try on kijji before trading to EB.
Feb 24, 2009
551 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
Louman wrote: Me too man..emails all say Nov 7 but the tracker is telling me tomorrow. #feelsbadman
What am I supposed to do tonight, Louman? WHAT?! #RUINED

I guess I can play CoD on PC lol
Mar 16, 2007
400 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
RageOfFury wrote: What am I supposed to do tonight, Louman? WHAT?! #RUINED

I guess I can play CoD on PC lol
you could watch one X unboxing videos and reviews on youtube :(
Feb 24, 2009
551 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
Louman wrote: you could watch one X unboxing videos and reviews on youtube :(
LOL

Or go to the gym :/
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
RageOfFury wrote: I got jabaited by Canada Post. All of a sudden there is an exception on the delivery status, date changed to tomorrow. The heck?! :(
To make you feel better, my estimated delivery date is next Tuesday. I'm in Calgary.
Feb 24, 2009
551 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
braveblade wrote: To make you feel better, my estimated delivery date is next Tuesday. I'm in Calgary.
Hang in there, my dude! :(
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
usually means the postie was lazy and did not take the package out with them doe delivery, deferred to tomorrow.
Feb 24, 2009
551 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
mrtvgame wrote: usually means the postie was lazy and did not take the package out with them doe delivery, deferred to tomorrow.
That doesn't surprise me. The Canada Post courrier in my area is like a sub contractor or something that drives around in a 1989 Plymouth Voyager with a Canada Post sign on top.
Mar 25, 2006
757 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
Louman wrote: I sold my 500gb One S for $275..so definitely worth a try on kijji before trading to EB.
Lucky to get $275 for it! Kudos!
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
thought Scorpio was supposed to be pre-orders that are all spoken for...not happy with Microsoft for the bait and switch
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.