PC & Video Games

Official Xbox One X Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 11:11 am

Poll: So you're purchasing an "X". Which category do you fall into?

• Total votes: 62. You have voted on this poll.
You are replacing your Xbox One/S with an X

63%
You are supplementing your Xbox One/S with an X

16%
You did not have a Xbox One/S prior to purchasing an X

21%
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
381 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
XShadowX wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:19 am
My tracking, why is it back at the sorting area?

Nov 7, 2017 6:12 p.m. Vancouver, BC Arrived at sort facility
Nov 6, 2017 8:11 p.m. Vancouver, BC Departed sort facility
Nov 6, 2017 7:42 p.m. Vancouver, BC Arrived at sort facility
Nov 6, 2017 7:37 p.m. Vancouver, BC Arrived at sort facility
Nov 6, 2017 7:33 p.m. Vancouver, BC Arrived at sort facility
Nov 6, 2017 7:28 p.m. Vancouver, BC Arrived at sort facility
Nov 6, 2017 7:24 p.m. Vancouver, BC Arrived at sort facility
Nov 6, 2017 7:20 p.m. Vancouver, BC Arrived at sort facility
Nov 6, 2017 7:19 p.m. Vancouver, BC Picked up by Purolator
Nov 6, 2017 6:02 a.m. Vancouver, BC Delayed in transit due to missed connection
Hello XShadowX,

I can look into this for you. Please email me your tracking number.

Regards,
Vincent
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3496 posts
288 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:05 am

I got mine no problem from Best Buy/Purolator. Going from extreme West of GTA to East. Sorry you will have to wait a day or two.
you guys are downvoting comments like this?

first time getting an xbox but looks like the reputation of mouthbreathers who scream into mics during CoD might not be far-fetched after all....glad I'm not going to be paying for multiplayer
1226 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:40 pm
MS said it was the retailers that decided not to make all their stock available for pre-order, that they can't control what retailers do.
thanks for clarifying
then my disappointment is with the retailers...had credits to burn
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2009
1502 posts
457 upvotes
Edmonton
PurolatorHelp wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:47 am
Hello XShadowX,

I can look into this for you. Please email me your tracking number.

Regards,
Vincent
I think I'm OK now, all of sudden it showed up into Edmonton today

Nov 8, 2017 9:40 a.m. Edmonton (north/nord), AB Arrived at sort facility
Nov 8, 2017 9:32 a.m. Edmonton (north/nord), AB Delayed in transit due to missed connection
Nov 7, 2017 6:20 p.m. Vancouver, BC Arrived at sort facility
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3187 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
Did I miss something? Why are people getting downvotes?
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Feb 24, 2009
385 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
I swear Canada Post is driving me nuts. My Xbox One X has essentially travelled 5KM in 24h. What is happening?! :(

RIP release day delivery...ugh
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
1817 posts
1307 upvotes
Winnipeg
I waited so long for mine and now i have to exchange. Many problems with mine, wont load games once the 4k assets are installed. Now the system wont boot up and stays on a black screen and shuts off. I guess i got a lemon..
:arrow: "Proudly Serving The RFD Community"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4905 posts
1736 upvotes
window shopper wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:31 am
I waited so long for mine and now i have to exchange. Many problems with mine, wont load games once the 4k assets are installed. Now the system wont boot up and stays on a black screen and shuts off. I guess i got a lemon..
Man, that sucks...hopefully it will be a painless exchange.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1253 posts
177 upvotes
BC
Its not exactly flying off the shelves. My local BB had 12 in the morning and same twelve last night. I guess at $600 a pop its got to be a night and day difference. I don't see any great difference in these half generation consoles.
BB return policy is now January 4th 2018.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Mar 16, 2007
283 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
insync44 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:34 am
Its not exactly flying off the shelves. My local BB had 12 in the morning and same twelve last night. I guess at $600 a pop its got to be a night and day difference. I don't see any great difference in these half generation consoles.
A friend of mine has said that they've been getting nonstop calls for units at a local EB, they had no walk in units. I agree though, at that price point, most people buying are serious gamers with the right TV to take advantage of the console's power. The difference to me was huge..COD WW2 looks beautiful on my 65" ks8500
Mar 16, 2007
283 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
RageOfFury wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:01 pm
I swear Canada Post is driving me nuts. My Xbox One X has essentially travelled 5KM in 24h. What is happening?! :(

RIP release day delivery...ugh
Yikes! Sorry to hear. Just last month i ordered something from a camera shop in Montreal..CP shipped it from MTL to BC, and then back to ON..go figure. Was Walmart able to help you out in any way?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5946 posts
777 upvotes
Grimsby
insync44 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:34 am
It's in stock pretty much everywhere around here too. To be fair though its $600 so that's kind of to be expected. It's a niche, enthusiast product until the price gets lower at some point. That's sort of their goal though, get the enthusiast back and get the mass market buying the Xbox One S.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4905 posts
1736 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:43 am
I definitely do not think they are pointless. We know the Tera flops and ram and stuff but none of that really matters to me. Im still on the fence about getting one and I'm genuinely curious to see how this stacks up to the competition and if it's worth the hefty 600$ price tag. These videos that show us framerate / resolution and use the Ps4 pro as a comparison are literally what I'm hinging my purchase on.

Personally though I'm waiting for the heavy hitters to see how this thing actually stacks up. I want CoD, AC, battlefront and Mordor comparisons.

Anyone check out halo 5? Just based on YouTube video alone the IQ increase is dramatic
But you know as long as the dev puts some effort into it, the Xbox One X version will be the best version out there. CoD looks great on a 1080p screen. Not sure if I need to download 4k assets and then the X supersamples those down to 1080p?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2186 posts
240 upvotes
Ajax
M1GOmigs wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 3:47 pm
Did I miss something? Why are people getting downvotes?
Because apparently I upset some of the kiddies. RFD should look at how down voting is abused more often than not. Only they can monitor who is constantly down voting for no reason. I take it with a grain of salt really.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2186 posts
240 upvotes
Ajax
Redmask wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:46 am
It's in stock pretty much everywhere around here too. To be fair though its $600 so that's kind of to be expected. It's a niche, enthusiast product until the price gets lower at some point. That's sort of their goal though, get the enthusiast back and get the mass market buying the Xbox One S.
I don't know, in my area there was no stock to be found at BB, EB, or WM. People flock to $600+ phones every year when it is not really needed either. If this is way consoles is going, then the shift will change with consumers just as it has with phones and tablets.
Feb 24, 2009
385 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
Louman wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:21 am
Yikes! Sorry to hear. Just last month i ordered something from a camera shop in Montreal..CP shipped it from MTL to BC, and then back to ON..go figure. Was Walmart able to help you out in any way?
Canada Post figured out their crap. Currently out for delivery so hopefully I get a notice card and I can go pick it up tonight.