PC & Video Games

Official Xbox One X Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 12:25 am

Poll: So you're purchasing an "X". Which category do you fall into?

• Total votes: 58. You have voted on this poll.
You are replacing your Xbox One/S with an X

62%
You are supplementing your Xbox One/S with an X

17%
You did not have a Xbox One/S prior to purchasing an X

21%
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4787 posts
616 upvotes
calgary
9394 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:46 am
But you know as long as the dev puts some effort into it, the Xbox One X version will be the best version out there. CoD looks great on a 1080p screen. Not sure if I need to download 4k assets and then the X supersamples those down to 1080p?
I'm no concerned about which one is the best, I'm curious to know how this stacks up against the original xbox one and also the Ps4 pro to see if it's worth the extra $$$.

Tried it out at my brothers house last night and I was thoroughly impressed with some of the improvements. A few stood out, tomb raider with its 4k visual mode and HDR was a standout, also Halo 5 looks super impressive now. This is a 4k console done right IMO, also the boosts to 360 games and xbox games are extremely welcome and look great, Ive still yet to play RDR but if they "enhance" it Thst would be amazing.

However I just don't think a bump in resolution is a big enough justification to purchase this because I've always been of the mind that once you actually get into a game stuff like framerate and resolution take a backseat. I'll probably grab one in the future when there is a good trade in deal or something but I don't feel it's worth dropping 600$ personally.
Apr 8, 2005
762 posts
399 upvotes
window shopper wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:31 am
I waited so long for mine and now i have to exchange. Many problems with mine, wont load games once the 4k assets are installed. Now the system wont boot up and stays on a black screen and shuts off. I guess i got a lemon..
Have you already packaged it up? I heard some people were having issues with the power cord of all things. When they used a different power cord the problems went away - might be worth a shot?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2183 posts
238 upvotes
Ajax
window shopper wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:31 am
I waited so long for mine and now i have to exchange. Many problems with mine, wont load games once the 4k assets are installed. Now the system wont boot up and stays on a black screen and shuts off. I guess i got a lemon..
Is it a Project Scorpio edition? If so what are the first 4 numbers of your serial number? Trying to see if it is tied to a set number of units.

Have you tried returning to the store or have you called M$?

Geez hope it is not RROD all over again, lol.

But you know I had to go through 2 PS4 Pros on launch last year that overheated and stopped working.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
1813 posts
1306 upvotes
Winnipeg
Mykolas wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:52 pm

Have you already packaged it up? I heard some people were having issues with the power cord of all things. When they used a different power cord the problems went away - might be worth a shot?
mrtvgame wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:26 pm

Is it a Project Scorpio edition? If so what are the first 4 numbers of your serial number? Trying to see if it is tied to a set number of units.

Have you tried returning to the store or have you called M$?

Geez hope it is not RROD all over again, lol.

But you know I had to go through 2 PS4 Pros on launch last year that overheated and stopped working.
The shutting down on its own happened twice. One game in particular: Rise Of The Tomb Raider wouldnt load once i set my xbox settings to 4k, and than removing all the dlc it would work. It had something to so with the 4k and dlc together. Called MS, that was useless.... I bought it at Bestbuy so 30 day return policy.

Apparently im not the only one, game needs to be patched.

Your text to link here...
:arrow: "Proudly Serving The RFD Community"
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5926 posts
771 upvotes
Grimsby
I'd really like to see Dolby Vision support on it at some point. DV on an OLED is insane.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4787 posts
616 upvotes
calgary
Redmask wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 6:25 am
I'd really like to see Dolby Vision support on it at some point. DV on an OLED is insane.
This so much! My TV has Dolby vision in the netflix app and comparing that to hdr 10 on my Xbox one S's Netflix app it Imo looks substantially better.

All though maybe hdr10+ can rival Dolby vision without the expensive licensing fees.
May 9, 2007
792 posts
208 upvotes
Wolfenstein 2: Xbox One X's Biggest Leap Over PS4 Pro? True 4K, double the pixel count while maintaining @60fps!

Sep 5, 2010
657 posts
98 upvotes
Just got it. it's amazing, but wth is up with the download speeds? I have 250 down but downloading games at 20 Mbps
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5926 posts
771 upvotes
Grimsby
Are you hardwired or Cat5? Just hardwire it if you can. The wireless in XB/PS is garbage this gen, even on 5ghz in my experience. Hardwired I just max out my connection, WIFI is brutally slow by comparison, lucky to hit 30Mbps.
May 9, 2007
792 posts
208 upvotes
(UK) Xbox One X Hits 80k Copies Sold, Matches Switch Launch Sales, Beats PS4 Pro

"The first week sales of Xbox One X is over 80,000 in the UK, GamesIndustry.biz can reveal.

Retailers have shared data that reveal that Microsoft's new super-powered console has sold as many units in its first week as Nintendo Switch did in March (hardware figures are up-weighted 20%. Xbox One X raw data is at 67,000).

It's first week sales are also well ahead of PS4 Pro, which did a little over 50,000 back in November 2016. Indeed, it took PS4 Pro four weeks to reach the same number."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... first-week
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2183 posts
238 upvotes
Ajax
Bryson wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:55 am
(UK) Xbox One X Hits 80k Copies Sold, Matches Switch Launch Sales, Beats PS4 Pro

"The first week sales of Xbox One X is over 80,000 in the UK, GamesIndustry.biz can reveal.

Retailers have shared data that reveal that Microsoft's new super-powered console has sold as many units in its first week as Nintendo Switch did in March (hardware figures are up-weighted 20%. Xbox One X raw data is at 67,000).

It's first week sales are also well ahead of PS4 Pro, which did a little over 50,000 back in November 2016. Indeed, it took PS4 Pro four weeks to reach the same number."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... first-week
That's actual surprising as UK/Euro tend to be heavy Sony supporters, especially this generation cycle.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4883 posts
1725 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:59 am
That's actual surprising as UK/Euro tend to be heavy Sony supporters, especially this generation cycle.
Indeed...the X seems to be really well supported from the start. Great to see this...I've been enjoying mine, although on 4K tv yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2183 posts
238 upvotes
Ajax
9394 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:08 pm
Indeed...the X seems to be really well supported from the start. Great to see this...I've been enjoying mine, although on 4K tv yet.
Yes, I need to set up the thing. Looking at getting a 4k projector but they are either very expensive or lower priced ones are missing specs we need for gaming. For example, Sony has introduced a 4K projector under $6k. However, it does not do HDR via 10-bit so if you send it a 4k 60fps HDR stream 10 bit 4:4:4 stream the thing has banding all over the place. Why on Earth Sony did this is baffling many current owners and those who were ready to jump on board.