PC & Video Games

Official Xbox One X Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 11:11 am

Poll: So you're purchasing an "X". Which category do you fall into?

• Total votes: 62. You have voted on this poll.
You are replacing your Xbox One/S with an X

63%
You are supplementing your Xbox One/S with an X

16%
You did not have a Xbox One/S prior to purchasing an X

21%
Temp. Banned
Jan 5, 2017
262 posts
207 upvotes
chenwaa123 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 2:33 am
I have a PS4 Pro, Xbox One S and high end PC and I barley turn the PS4 Pro on. It's basically my Baseball/Basketball console, other then those games I prefer the Xbox and PC.

I still want all three so I can play exclusives, but imo MS just does the whole gaming & entertainment experience better. It's just a better console for me.

I would buy an X1 just for FH3.
Forza Horizon 3 Digital purchase works on Xbox and PC so Xbox not required?
Temp. Banned
Jan 5, 2017
262 posts
207 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 10:58 am
Nintendo actually has IP's and features worth while to the market.

The Xbox One's IP's can be played on any PC in the world. The only thing they have going for them is backwards compatibility.

Scorpio could be the most powerful console ever, it won't change the fact that there's nothing to play on that system.
Whaaat?
Aside from exclusive titles a console would be purchased because.
1) It is waaaay cheaper than buying a PC. Yes, the PC can have a better GPU but that is not the point.
2) The platform: Xbox Live is a good platform for multiplayer. I still cringe though because multiplayer used to be built in or free.
3) The platform: the GUI and user experience is simpler than a PC.
4) Convenience. It is a nice small box, well the xbox one s is. it is easier for a kid or non computer person to use.

On the Scorpio not having any titles. The release date isn't for another 10 months. It will play all Xbox One games, probably 360 games too. There is definitely going to be a VR component available.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1132 posts
154 upvotes
GVRD
johnnygeorgekins wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 8:53 am
Forza Horizon 3 Digital purchase works on Xbox and PC so Xbox not required?

Correct, I usually play FH3 on the PC while the kids play it on the X1

My friend bought the game and I was able to gameshare it to my PC account too which I though was pretty cool
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4903 posts
1734 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 1:27 pm
They're being outsold 2-1.

They should just pack up and go home. There isn't anything worth while on the XB1 anyway.
squadz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 6:37 am
No pros to the Xbox One.
squadz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 10:58 am
Nintendo actually has IP's and features worth while to the market.

The Xbox One's IP's can be played on any PC in the world. The only thing they have going for them is backwards compatibility.

Scorpio could be the most powerful console ever, it won't change the fact that there's nothing to play on that system.
squadz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:50 pm
No you can't. The Playstation has a very diverse lineup of games, that no matter what gamer you are, you will find something to play.

The Xbox One is severely limited, and it shows. Forza Horizon 3 is the best game and IP on the Xbox One platform, by far, and that's sad.
Dude, did you wake up on Beradon's side of the bed???
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
9394 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:36 pm
Dude, did you wake up on Beradon's side of the bed???
Who's that?

My thoughts are my own.
Dec 15, 2013
849 posts
179 upvotes
C A N A D A
squadz wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 1:27 pm
They're being outsold 2-1.

They should just pack up and go home. There isn't anything worth while on the XB1 anyway.
If sales were the case... WIi U would be absolute trash yet the Wii would go down as one of the best consoles ever?

Wii U was an alright system. A lot of the triple A titles felt like rehashes like Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros was probably the worst entry yet, New Super Mario Bros Wii U felt like a rehash of the Wii game, Star Fox was meh, we got two Zelda remakes, Donkey Kong was better then average but felt like Returns on Wii....

Nintendo is asking for way too much money to get minor upgrades of most of its games.

Xbox and PS4 suffer the same fate.

Switch may not outsell Xbox One either
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1420 posts
323 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:41 pm
Who's that?

My thoughts are my own.
Something tells me you're one more triggered post away from dropping one of those cringe 'PS4 Upcoming Exclusive Games' list real soon.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
signore wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 4:54 pm
Something tells me you're one more triggered post away from dropping one of thosecringe 'PS4 Upcoming Exclusive Games' list real soon.
I'm not a Sony fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. Actually hate their decisions, so you're extremely far off.

However, their offerings are much higher than what Xbox has. By a large margin, shown by sales.
Dec 15, 2013
849 posts
179 upvotes
C A N A D A
squadz wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 4:58 pm
I'm not a Sony fanboy by any stretch of the imagination. Actually hate their decisions, so you're extremely far off.

However, their offerings are much higher than what Xbox has. By a large margin, shown by sales.
What do you think about Nintendo? I mean... Sony and Microsoft crushed the Wii U hardware and software sales.

There's nothing to say the same thing won't happen to the Switch. The only thing that will save the switch is 3rd party game sales. 3DS does well with 3rd party sales. New games are also half the price of a Switch game.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4903 posts
1734 upvotes
Supersampling to be used on Scorpio:

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2017/03/11/ ... _1080p_tvs

"…games that sport True 4K assets will also enjoy graphics enhancements on 1080p displays, thanks to the console's supersampling technology. There are many games on Xbox One that sacrifice anti-aliasing quality for performance in other areas, resulting in models with jagged edges. Anti-aliasing gives objects the appearance of smoother edges, at the cost of system resources. For games that have 4K updates on Project Scorpio, 1080p sets will see improved image quality, because the otherwise wasted resolution will be used to provide smoother edges and shadows. Games such as Ghost Recon: Wildlands, which suffer heavily from jagged edges due to the game's huge draw distance, should see large benefits from this technology."
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3187 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 2:11 pm
I almost got excited about this but realized its probably UWP apps only. If they can get Steam on board that would be killer though.
Getting Steam on board would kill Xbox's digital storefront, unless they're willing to match some of the sale prices... but what happens with online play? Would people still need to subscribe to XBL in that scenario?
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1420 posts
323 upvotes
It's must be a tough decision at Microsoft HQ right now in terms of finding the right balance for price/power.

They're in a position to blow PS4 Pro out of the water in specs, but that may be at the expense of a 500-550 USD price point... which really cut into initial consumer buy in. E3 2013 was a disaster, but the $100 difference between PS4/Xbox One at launch was just as damaging.

I just can't see it being more than $400/450 USD, which hopefully doesn't limit its potential too much.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)