• Oct 15th, 2017 6:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5870 posts
742 upvotes
Grimsby
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 10:09 am
I dont think the price is unreasonable. The sort of power with that sort of form factor + UHD Drive is actually a really good value proposition.

Its just very expensive price for a console especially one that is just an iterative version of an existing console designed for 4K televisions which a lot of people dont own yet.

This is clearly for the enthusiasts right now, however maybe a year after a price drop or two and when 4K TVs become more prominent this is going to be the console to get.
I think at that point though we're into new consoles again.

The console world is getting more and more like the PC side of things. Low Mid High specs and all that. Many people here expressed concerns about that but now seem willing to embrace it. /shrug more options suits me fine.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1014 posts
307 upvotes
Guelph
LightYagami wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 11:41 am
Completely agree. Price isn't the issue at all, in fact, I want one, but there's nothing I would play on it (1st party). All my 3rd parties go to Sony or Nintendo already.
I think people have to wait till gamescom to hear stuff from MSFT... if they don't have anything new.. then I don't know what to say?
Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
156 upvotes
GSpeed wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 1:06 pm
I think people have to wait till gamescom to hear stuff from MSFT... if they don't have anything new.. then I don't know what to say?
Honestly, been four years and the only interesting game that has come out has been ReCore, which wasn't good. Forza Horizon 3 is absolutely amazing though.

But those games aren't enough. If Microsoft gives me a reason to buy the XB1X, I'm all in, but it's going to take more than just one game in all honesty.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6301 posts
293 upvotes
GT'eh
Bryson wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 10:34 am
I'm surprised by how quickly people seem to have adopted the Xbox One X moniker.

Honestly I think that Xbox One Elite would have been a better name and been in line with Microsoft's premium naming and feel. Xbox 360 Elite. Xbox Elite Controller. Just makes too much sense.

Imagine the poor Customer Service trying to differentiate someone from saying Xbox One S and Xbox One X, "You know the more expensive one!" I have a hard enough time trying to get my pizza delivery guys to understand the difference between 13 and 15 when giving my address over the phone. lol
IMO, E3 was weak overall, but I think MS won E3 with all their announcement's and improvements. Not much was said about Kodi support, but there won't be any add ons left by the time it launches.
Surprised they went with X moniker. They are running out of letters. in 6 months expect Xbox One XX, and then for hard-core gaming fans Xbox One XXX.
They should have thrown in a revamped elite controller for early adopters.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1191 posts
257 upvotes
mississauga
I wish it was a windows 10 machine.
do not pm me about the kobo 10 arc HD
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2071 posts
199 upvotes
Ajax
LightYagami wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 11:41 am
Completely agree. Price isn't the issue at all, in fact, I want one, but there's nothing I would play on it (1st party). All my 3rd parties go to Sony or Nintendo already.
If you have a 4K display with HDR, surround sound set-up then this console is for you? Knowing moving forward that 3rd parties will take advantage of the specs would change where I play 3rd party titles.
Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
156 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 3:00 am
If you have a 4K display with HDR, surround sound set-up then this console is for you? Knowing moving forward that 3rd parties will take advantage of the specs would change where I play 3rd party titles.
Rather play with my friends, than have a small increase in graphics.

I suppose if you're going about everything alone, then sure, great console. But when everyone already has a PS4, and that's where they want to play Anthem, Destiny, CoD etc. - I'm not about to switch.

The only reason I would switch is for single player content or exclusives - both of which Microsoft has none of.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5870 posts
742 upvotes
Grimsby
For the Xbox its a pretty big step up in graphics. The Xbox One and S were still regularly under performing against the base PS4.

I think they need to address the exclusive issue though. It's been less and less every year. Someone posted a graphic on reddit in r/xboxone that showed it pretty starkly, I'll see if I can find it again.
Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
156 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 9:14 am
For the Xbox its a pretty big step up in graphics. The Xbox One and S were still regularly under performing against the base PS4.

I think they need to address the exclusive issue though. It's been less and less every year. Someone posted a graphic on reddit in r/xboxone that showed it pretty starkly, I'll see if I can find it again.
This is what you're looking for: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/commen ... ounced_at/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7360 posts
734 upvotes
Victoria
To be fair it feels like sony is putting out a lot of exclusives compared to xbox, but it also feels like sony has decreased the # of exclusives too (they're fewer and further between now). At least it feels that way. Less big AAA games out there than previous generations (or maybe it's on'y the genre's i like to play). Longer time between sequels etc....
Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
156 upvotes
zod wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 12:07 pm
To be fair it feels like sony is putting out a lot of exclusives compared to xbox, but it also feels like sony has decreased the # of exclusives too (they're fewer and further between now). At least it feels that way. Less big AAA games out there than previous generations (or maybe it's on'y the genre's i like to play). Longer time between sequels etc....
Sony's 1st party doesn't have as many, and it's far between.

But Sony's 2nd party more than makes up for it. Either way, all under Sony exclusives.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
1864 posts
2185 upvotes
Laval
watch-the-xbox-one-x-being-built-by-hand-piece-by-piece

Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3146 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 9:14 am

My fear is that internally at Microsoft, their leadership has slowly started to deprecate the value of console gaming. Their bread and butter is still obviously in Operating Systems, productivity and enterprise software, and now that they've thrown their hat into the pc and tablet ring, they further move away from spending on software development for the xbox, especially after a few exclusive flops and cancellations.

I feel like we'll just end up seeing more timed exclusives from them unless it's an already popular franchise like Forza, Halo or Gears, and try to hang their hat on the power of their console to get them through this gen
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5870 posts
742 upvotes
Grimsby
It's a valid concern, I don't know what their long term goals are. It seems they waffle between wanting cross subsidization of product lines with their Windows division and then go back to "gamers first" when convenient.

That image squadz posted above paints a pretty grim picture about exclusives anyway. Hopefully Spencer doubles down on first party investment, he's done pretty well righting things otherwise.

Anyways Scorpio will come out this year and have a good shot so we'll see what happens. I am not throwing $599 CDN at something without games I want to play though. I really like Forza but after so many games I admit I am getting a bit of franchise fatigue.