Official Xbox Scorpio Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2017 5:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5818 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
So Microsoft has bumped up their E3 presser to a week before the show starts. I assume this is to ensure Scorpio gets the full spotlight for awhile instead of sharing attention with Sony and they also get to control the message. We'll likely get most of the details that Sunday a week before the show starts.

I hope they knock it out of the park.

I would also love to see a UI redesign, over time I've really developed a dislike for the slowness, lack of caching and other problematic areas (store, placement of user content, etc) in the current Xbox UI.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
979 upvotes
Vaughan
They're being outsold 2-1.

They should just pack up and go home. There isn't anything worth while on the XB1 anyway.
May 9, 2007
771 posts
195 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 1:27 pm
They're being outsold 2-1.

They should just pack up and go home. There isn't anything worth while on the XB1 anyway.
I hate MS as much as the next guy but what a ridiculous statement. Competition in the gaming industry is healthy for the gamer. $1 Billion Retail Sales for the Forza franshise proves your statement wrong that nobody wants to play their games. Forza, Halo and Gears of War are great franchises. It's just that people want a little more diversity from MS. With the Scorpio Xbox will once again be the defacto console for playing multiplatform games for the next couple of years. Also XB1 has sold 30 million units. THAT"S VERY GOOD! No reason to pack up. It's just that PS4 is selling like hotcakes. Not even Sony predicted that kind of success in their wildest dreams. There is room for more than one console and there is no better time to be a gamer. Microsoft's infrastructure is MILES better than Sony's and it's not even close. Fanboys can sit here and throw jabs at eachother back and forth but the truth is there are pros and cons for every console.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
979 upvotes
Vaughan
No pros to the Xbox One.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5818 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
Nintendo didn't pack it in after the Wii U utterly failed at market. I don't see why Microsoft would, the Xbox One is actually a modest success. It makes sense to keep iterating and improving, they've made huge strides lately and can build on that momentum. It's not like Microsoft can't afford to fund a few risks either.

It all hinges on the games though and that's where Microsoft needs to stop farting around. They built a solid foundation but can't seem to expand beyond their 3 core titles and eventually gamers will get franchise fatigue. Hopefully this is something we learn more about at E3, I hope there is a bevy of unexpected game announcements (something other than Halo).
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3129 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Feb 16th, 2017 11:17 am
I would also love to see a UI redesign, over time I've really developed a dislike for the slowness, lack of caching and other problematic areas (store, placement of user content, etc) in the current Xbox UI.
Are you part of the alpha preview program? They've rolled out a couple changes that address what happens when you press the Xbox button, among other things. I don't know if it's much faster or cleaner, but at the very least, it removes the extra step of going out to dashboard and then jumping into another app.

I have a feeling we'll see a UI redesign for Scorpio anyway, but the March update takes steps towards addressing some of my issues (Store hasn't changed though)
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5818 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
I never opted in, I don't like to test features unless I'm getting paid :)

That's cool though. I hope they de-emphasize the "social" crap and just put my content first and foremost. I don't want a retread of the "AdBox" at the end of the 360 era, between the Store and the redo on the home screen its felt like its been going that way for awhile.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
979 upvotes
Vaughan
Nintendo actually has IP's and features worth while to the market.

The Xbox One's IP's can be played on any PC in the world. The only thing they have going for them is backwards compatibility.

Scorpio could be the most powerful console ever, it won't change the fact that there's nothing to play on that system.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3129 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 10:45 am
I never opted in, I don't like to test features unless I'm getting paid :)

That's cool though. I hope they de-emphasize the "social" crap and just put my content first and foremost. I don't want a retread of the "AdBox" at the end of the 360 era, between the Store and the redo on the home screen its felt like its been going that way for awhile.

I hate that they keep trying to push Cortana though...
There's also some new Beam streaming integration that some preview users have access to now. For now, not sure if it'll pull people from Twitch unless they add incentives to get people to switch
Jan 28, 2013
144 posts
42 upvotes
Canada Eh
squadz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 10:58 am
The Xbox One's IP's can be played on any PC in the world.
Microsoft is giving consumers options on what system to play their exclusives on. If you choose to play those on PC or Xbox your still gaming on a Microsoft powered device. Honestly that's a win win for everyone and I can't seem to fathom why people see that as a negative. Lots of people choose consoles due to their simplicity. Others simply cant afford a decent gaming rig so other more affordable options are out there for them.
squadz wrote:
it won't change the fact that there's nothing to play on that system.
The same can be said about PlayStation. It's simply a matter of opinion, not fact.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4732 posts
603 upvotes
squadz wrote:
Nintendo actually has IP's and features worth while to the market.

The Xbox One's IP's can be played on any PC in the world. The only thing they have going for them is backwards compatibility.

Scorpio could be the most powerful console ever, it won't change the fact that there's nothing to play on that system.
Not everyone has a PC capable of playing these games and some people just simply do not want to play on PC for a myriad of reasons.

Id actually argue thanks to its generally lower price, EA Access, and Backwards Comparability that Xbox delivers the best bang for your buck to casual gamers.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5818 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
These brandwar notions are silly, choice and competition is great for the consumer. Microsoft has very valuable IP, they just need more of it. They've also brought a lot of value to the gaming space in terms of features and innovations, arguably more than some of their competitors even.

I'm looking forward to what they unveil with Scorpio.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3129 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:00 pm
Id actually argue thanks to its generally lower price, EA Access, and Backwards Comparability that Xbox delivers the best bang for your buck to casual gamers.
That's always been my argument for XBox One. This doesn't happen often enough, but sometimes it helps to back a losing horse in the race, when it's a race of winning thoroughbreds anyway.

That said, I really hope MS comes out with more new IP, and not just sequels. The decision to move their press conference to a few days before E3 might indicate that maybe they do have more than just a new console on display, and they want to set the tone. Not having enough content to shine on their new system, and they run a huge risk of being lambasted for several days prior to E3 while giving some ammunition to competitors. We already know Sony has some stalwart exclusives, some which were unveiled last year (GOW, Days Gone, FF7, Death Stranding), while others I'm sure will be shown this year (TLOU2, Destiny 2, Shenmue 3).
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
979 upvotes
Vaughan
playingintraffic wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 1:52 pm
Microsoft is giving consumers options on what system to play their exclusives on. If you choose to play those on PC or Xbox your still gaming on a Microsoft powered device. Honestly that's a win win for everyone and I can't seem to fathom why people see that as a negative. Lots of people choose consoles due to their simplicity. Others simply cant afford a decent gaming rig so other more affordable options are out there for them.
The same can be said about PlayStation. It's simply a matter of opinion, not fact.
No you can't. The Playstation has a very diverse lineup of games, that no matter what gamer you are, you will find something to play.

The Xbox One is severely limited, and it shows. Forza Horizon 3 is the best game and IP on the Xbox One platform, by far, and that's sad.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1111 posts
128 upvotes
GVRD
squadz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:50 pm
No you can't. The Playstation has a very diverse lineup of games, that no matter what gamer you are, you will find something to play.

The Xbox One is severely limited, and it shows. Forza Horizon 3 is the best game and IP on the Xbox One platform, by far, and that's sad.
I have a PS4 Pro, Xbox One S and high end PC and I barley turn the PS4 Pro on. It's basically my Baseball/Basketball console, other then those games I prefer the Xbox and PC.

I still want all three so I can play exclusives, but imo MS just does the whole gaming & entertainment experience better. It's just a better console for me.

I would buy an X1 just for FH3.