Tags:
None
Nov 25, 2003
990 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto

OHIP coverage in BC

I will travel to Vancouver with my mother)age 84,
what if she need goto hospital, will OHIP cover all the cost like in Ontario?
More do more worng,
less do less wong,
no do no wrog.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7385 posts
69 upvotes
Yes, every province has interchangeable health care coverage with the exception of Quebec. Your OHIP card can be used anywhere except in Quebec, and vice versa.
Mar 11, 2007
232 posts
4 upvotes
Burnaby
Bordello wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 6:47 pm
Yes, every province has interchangeable health care coverage with the exception of Quebec. Your OHIP card can be used anywhere except in Quebec, and vice versa.
+1
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1605 posts
15 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
While feasible, there are some cases that some health-care services outside Ontario are not covered by OHIP. That's why I highly suggest on getting full health insurance from various providers such as Blue Cross, Manulife Financial and many others out there.

Visit their respective websites for quotes (no obligation) and choose which plan is the best. Hope this helps.
Feb 4, 2007
931 posts
6 upvotes
Bordello wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 6:47 pm

I take every province's health card for a hospital in Montreal. This is because Quebec rates are the lowest in the country (hence the exodus of many of our doctors).

You are covered but it's up to the health professional to accept it. Some ask for payment up front to avoid claiming to the patient's home province.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2003
990 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for all the input, will exam each option.
More do more worng,
less do less wong,
no do no wrog.
× < >