Art and Photography

Ok, list your favorite/least favorite accessories!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2007 12:44 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Dec 31, 2004
2431 posts
2 upvotes
Regina, Saskatchewan

Ok, list your favorite/least favorite accessories!

Favorite: Whibal gray card

Least Favor: UV filters, got one for every lens, but dont like them...
FS: Compaq Turion 64 ML34 laptop for $350cad including shipping within Canada: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=562159

FS: SB800 flash, iPAQ PDA, AB400 Studio Light, Lightsphere 2, 5 in 1 light reflectors 42"
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... ost5299296
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=460399
9 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11831 posts
1289 upvotes
Kanata
Favorite: comfortable neckstrap
Least: I'd have to say filters as well. having to take off the UV to put on the CP (I don't like stacking) or the IR or the ND.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7025 posts
78 upvotes
Nepean
goofball wrote:
Oct 8th, 2007 9:11 pm
Favorite: comfortable neckstrap
Least: I'd have to say filters as well. having to take off the UV to put on the CP (I don't like stacking) or the IR or the ND.
can't say I like neckstrap. I find them annoying. I prefer the hand strap.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11831 posts
1289 upvotes
Kanata
TenzoR wrote:
Oct 8th, 2007 10:33 pm
can't say I like neckstrap. I find them annoying. I prefer the hand strap.
I use it more like a shoulderstrap than a neckstrap but it has to be comfortable. I have a nice padded one that doesn't place any strain or anything even after 5 hours. I don't like walking around with the camera over my neck, I do understand.

I don't like using a handstrap for the camera + heavy lens for that period of time.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2005
2461 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
2000fordfocus wrote:
Oct 8th, 2007 5:10 pm
Favorite: Whibal gray card
That'd have to be my favourite too, except mine's the 'Digital Grey Kard' brand with white and black cards.

Least favourite are spare batteries, because why can't batteries last forever? :(
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3042 posts
21 upvotes
Favourite: Nikon IR remote. I'm finding all sorts of uses for the little thing.

Least Favorite: Stupid Sigma lens caps. I hate them. Why can't they make center pinch ones like Nikon do? Grr.
Nov 12, 2006
69 posts
5 upvotes
What else can your do with the remote other than operate the camera?
Can you elaborate
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7025 posts
78 upvotes
Nepean
Jim_sir wrote:
Oct 10th, 2007 1:46 pm
What else can your do with the remote other than operate the camera?
Can you elaborate
Well instead of holding the shutter on the camera for that extra long exposure you can use the IR's shutter button thus decreasing the chances of vibrating the camera...
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10675 posts
1014 upvotes
Mississauga
Favourite: Polarizing filter. Under the right lighting conditions, it makes the sky so blue and everything else looks so richly coloured!

Least favourite: Tripod. I have a love/hate relationship with this item. It can be incredibly useful for long exposures but the size, even when folded down, prevents me from taking it on long trips.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4380 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:
Oct 13th, 2007 11:56 pm
Favourite: Polarizing filter. Under the right lighting conditions, it makes the sky so blue and everything else looks so richly coloured!

Least favourite: Tripod. I have a love/hate relationship with this item. It can be incredibly useful for long exposures but the size, even when folded down, prevents me from taking it on long trips.

+1 on the tripod..
ES PRODUCTIONS
Professional Photography Services

#KeepFightingMichael