Old Navy website error?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 12:50 pm
[OP]
May 7, 2017
29 posts
14 upvotes

Old Navy website error?

Old Navy currently has 50% off site wide. Canadian Tire offers Old Navy gift cards at 20% off. Old Navy also gives you a coupon for later use which essentially amounts to 40% of your order.

For example, order $100 worth of stuff, and the sale price is $50. You only need to pay $40 at Canadian Tire to get $50 in gift cards. Currently, the website is generating a coupon based on the regular price of the items, so you are getting "super cash" worth $40. In other words, you are spending $40 and getting a coupon for $40. There does not seem to be any restrictions on the use of the super cash.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5017 posts
1975 upvotes
Winnipeg
I believe to use 40$ super cash, you may have to spend more than 40$...

Edit: Anyone else came in for a price error...?lol :twisted:
Last edited by Wpegger on Nov 23rd, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8456 posts
1386 upvotes
superbucks have restrictions, so its not like you are just getting free stuff, they work on a sales system, these huge discounts and big sales to get you in the door.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5017 posts
1975 upvotes
Winnipeg
You can use $10 in SUPER CASH for every $25 you spend at Old Navy stores and online during the specified redemption period. If you received a $20, $30, $40 or $50 SUPER CASH coupon, you do not have to spend more than $25 to use it. You have the flexibility to spend as little as $25 and still save $10. However, you will forfeit your remaining SUPER CASH coupon value. You can use one SUPER CASH coupon with a single purchase, but there is no limit to how many SUPER CASH coupons you can use
[OP]
May 7, 2017
29 posts
14 upvotes
Still seems like a high level of discounts, if you add the 50% + 20% + whatever value you want to assign to the super bucks, especially since it applies to everything on their website. (And no, you can't add the email signup discount to your purchase!)
Nov 25, 2002
576 posts
84 upvotes
Kelowna
Stock goes quick when these good sales come along. At least at ON. It's down to pretty much just the ugliest stuff in size Large... one hoodie to choose from, 2 out of a dozen flannel shirts, etc.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19301 posts
123332 upvotes
GTA
This is definitely far from a price/website error, not to mention when you are buying Old Navy, don't expect the clothing to last very long. Don't get me wrong, I have bought from them in the past when I don't really care/need it to last long, but still something to keep in mind.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13626 posts
3406 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:27 pm
This is definitely far from a price/website error, not to mention when you are buying Old Navy, don't expect the clothing to last very long. Don't get me wrong, I have bought from them in the past when I don't really care/need it to last long, but still something to keep in mind.
Where do you buy from that lasts longer?
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2418 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
toguy wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:27 pm
Their clothing are thin for sure, but that makes it good for summer. All my thin t shirt from them still survive after 2 years of abuse.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19301 posts
123332 upvotes
GTA
Quentin5 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 2:25 am
Where do you buy from that lasts longer?
I was going to say almost anywhere else :P

You might have to spend a bit more, because truth be told, it is not that easy to buy clothes elsewhere for the same price, but Tommy Hilfiger is one that comes to mind as being able to survive many washes without issue. I have been able to get things at a cheaper price by shopping their clearance section, and it is comparable to buying regular-priced Old Navy stuff. In addition, their other two brands (Gap and BR) are higher quality but the deals are much harder to come by (especially if you are trying to get down to Old Navy pricing levels) in comparison.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13626 posts
3406 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 5:26 am
I was going to say almost anywhere else :P

You might have to spend a bit more, because truth be told, it is not that easy to buy clothes elsewhere for the same price, but Tommy Hilfiger is one that comes to mind as being able to survive many washes without issue. I have been able to get things at a cheaper price by shopping their clearance section, and it is comparable to buying regular-priced Old Navy stuff. In addition, their other two brands (Gap and BR) are higher quality but the deals are much harder to come by (especially if you are trying to get down to Old Navy pricing levels) in comparison.
I have yet to find anything i have purchased in the last 5 years to have longevity, even LL Bean has gone down the tubes.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts