None
[OP]
Aug 26, 2009
370 posts
60 upvotes

Olympus Pen E-PL1 with 14-42 kit lens $202 + shipping & tax

http://pcsdesign.ca/Products/EPL1-Black ... Black-Lens

I have this camera and still takes great pictures. Has a built in flash and has a base iso100. Have it for more than 2 years and still going strong. Purchased a 25mm Pana Leica prime and was very happy with the pictures. If you don't do post processing, jpg's from this camera are amazing.

3 in stock as of this time.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1076 posts
356 upvotes
Ottawa
jrgarma wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 6:14 pm

I have this camera and still takes great pictures. Has a built in flash and has a base iso100. Have it for more than 2 years and still going strong. Purchased a 25mm Pana Leica prime and was very happy with the pictures. If you don't do post processing, jpg's from this camera are amazing.

Honestly OP, I am not sure that this is the greatest deal (but thanks for posting it). The E-PL1 uses the original 14-55mm lens which Olympus replace because of numerous known issues. In addition, the camera body itself is getting quite dated. You can pick up a E-PM1 for $299 with the new 14-55mm lens.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2009
370 posts
60 upvotes
ordered some computer parts from them before. office is at hamilton ontario.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1535 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
You might be able to get E-PM1 for $199 if you call around Black's stores. It was a clearance item a few weeks ago.
torpdude wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 6:21 pm
Honestly OP, I am not sure that this is the greatest deal (but thanks for posting it). The E-PL1 uses the original 14-55mm lens which Olympus replace because of numerous known issues. In addition, the camera body itself is getting quite dated. You can pick up a E-PM1 for $299 with the new 14-55mm lens.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1480 posts
104 upvotes
jrgarma wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 6:14 pm

E-PL1 does take excellent pictures. JPEGs look great and the colours are superb. I compared it to my new NEX 6 and was surprised just how good it still looks. It certainly does better job with colours than Sony. I am not sure how good the deal itself is, though, so I can't comment on that.
Nov 29, 2012
80 posts
19 upvotes
TORONTO
aos007 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 6:48 pm
E-PL1 does take excellent pictures. JPEGs look great and the colours are superb. I compared it to my new NEX 6 and was surprised just how good it still looks. It certainly does better job with colours than Sony. I am not sure how good the deal itself is, though, so I can't comment on that.
Make sure to set to iEnhance to get the best colours. Die hard lightroom people might scoff at this, but I've found the photos out of the camera with this mode don't need a much post editing compared to a Canon or Nikon (I am NOT a professional, obviously). The colours olympus does is THE main reason i just can't switch brands...

And yeah, that lens it comes with sucks. When zoomed to 42mm, the glass element at the end of the lens vibrates when the shutter in the camera moves (meaning, there is blur in your photos when zoomed in all the way). This happens at a shutter speed of around 1/200 or slower. There was a web page with more detail on this, but my google-fu is weak tonight.
Apr 30, 2007
621 posts
39 upvotes
Two main problems of E-PL1: slow focus when using kit lens and difficult to focus under low light condition. If you don't mind using manual focus then it is fine. 720p video only lasts for 7 minutes. E-PM1 is a much better choice even for $100 more.
× < >