Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Olympus Refurbs Thanksgiving promo THANKS for 20% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2015 7:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1455 posts
937 upvotes
Hawkesbury, ON
SWstriker17 wrote: I'm just worried about it being reconditioned...has anyone ever bought reconditioned from Olympus?
I have bought a factory refurbished PM1 (through a US retailer). The first one I received (which was returned) had an issue with the touchscreen and the second had a bad battery terminal (and the retailer refused to refund/exchange a second time - olympus canada would not cover it either because I bought from the US - I ended up paying to have it fixed myself). Both cameras looked like new though. You take your chances on how many shutter releases are on the camera (both the ones that I received had around 400).

I would consider buying refurbished from Olympus Canada though because you'd be able to get warranty work done.
Jul 19, 2005
979 posts
593 upvotes
Mississauga
I've been using my E-PL1 for years. Is E-PM2 a good budgeted upgrade? Or the E-PL5?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1455 posts
937 upvotes
Hawkesbury, ON
koalajoe wrote: I've been using my E-PL1 for years. Is E-PM2 a good budgeted upgrade? Or the E-PL5?
You will notice a massive difference in auto-focus speed
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3695 posts
1257 upvotes
GTA
Sold my GF2 body recently. Looks like I'm picking up an E-PM2.
Aug 6, 2012
349 posts
192 upvotes
TORONTO
shaolinmonk wrote: I would strongly disagree epm2 has the q7 beat across the board pretty much

Larger better sensor, better battery life, touch screen,more lens selection and overall has a stronger following
Iso, fps etc..

Plus this is a 2 lens kit...

The only thing lacking on the epm2 is lack of dials
I totally agree with the epm2 being a better camera overall. The standard m43 or mft or u4/3 or micro four-thirds (really wish they'd pick one and stick to it) gives a wider array of glass to play with.

However, the epm2 costs 50% more new, and a random user is unlikely to be swapping glass often, if at all, so the extra zoom might not be worth it. If that's what they're into the prime 01 lens in the Q series is really good, and one of the cheapest you'd find.

If they've got the cash, they should definitely go for the epm2. If they're cost constrained, the q7 is about the same value. 2/3 the camera for 2/3 the price. If they've got extra cash on hand, then there's better deals to be had on an em10 or em5, but those are another class entirely.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
Are you comparing a new epm2 to a new q7? In that case I think Henrys was clearing about epm2 for $299 a few weeks back

Cause the epm2 kit here is $308 tax in which is like $20 more but you get an extra lens..

The epm2 might be positioned as a entry camera but its got tons of functionality as a "DSLR" replacement especially after you enable the SCP menu
[removed for signature violation]
Aug 6, 2012
349 posts
192 upvotes
TORONTO
shaolinmonk wrote: Are you comparing a new epm2 to a new q7? In that case I think Henrys was clearing about epm2 for $299 a few weeks back

Cause the epm2 kit here is $308 tax in which is like $20 more but you get an extra lens..

The epm2 might be positioned as a entry camera but its got tons of functionality as a "DSLR" replacement especially after you enable the SCP menu
Yes, new epm2 to new q7 (that you can get today). This kit is a refurb, which is ok for some, makes it suspicious for others. I've had bad experiences with refurbs from Henrys. Never tried the Olympus direct ones, but it makes me gunshy.
Jul 7, 2008
29 posts
61 upvotes
Hi,

The discount seems to also be applied on none-refurb items!
You just need to have one refurb item in your cart!

Not sure if Olympus Canada will accept..héhé! but we never know!

* Sorry for my bad english, not used to write in english!!!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6ysRq9I.png[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
fatboi5555 wrote: is this better then sony nex3n overall?
I prefer m43 to Sony mirrorless in general...

The Sony will have a bigger sensor but to me that's the only thing

Things I like about the epm2 specifically over the next

Hotshoe for flash or viewfinder add on, more lens
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
Damn 12-40 was back in stock briefly
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Ever see OMD there?
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote: Ever see OMD there?
The black em10 is there and so is the em5...do you mean the em1? I've seen it before $1039 before discount
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
stanahc wrote: The Nikon L820 is a bridge camera whereas the Olympus-E-PM1 is a MILC, not sure what conclusion you can draw by comparing them and say one is better than the other.
I know I am probably comparing apples to oranges, but still.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
Glancealot wrote: I am confused.

It says my $108 camera is better

http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-Coolp ... mpus-E-PM1

you are comparing the wrong one...

here is the correct one

http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-Coolp ... -PEN-E-PM2

the scoring on snapsort is weird... if you read the actually strengths of each i would say the oly is better lol

your camera also crushes an entry level dslr lol

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon_EOS_D ... olpix-L820
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
shaolinmonk wrote: The black em10 is there and so is the em5...do you mean the em1? I've seen it before $1039 before discount
I meant the EM5 or EM10.