Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16019 posts
1325 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…

Omad diet

One meal a day diet. They also call it intermittent fasting, 23:1. You eat once a day.

I tried it today and 12 hours later I caved. I just feel too lethargic to function.
82 replies
Aug 26, 2007
260 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
One meal a day sounds really tough, don't think I would be able to do that.

I sometimes do two meals a day only cause I'm recovering the enormous loads of food I ate the day before.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
1315 posts
654 upvotes
Somewhere, ON
My wife and I only do One Large Meal a day, being lunch. I would think most people have a tendency to sit and relax after supper, subsequently they tend to not burn off those calories after supper. However, after lunch they tend to still be active.
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Clues accumulated'"
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4331 posts
642 upvotes
Toronto
just eat clean and whole foods (no processed, little to no salt/sugar).
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9635 posts
3929 upvotes
Ottawa
Get fat adapted first and it'll be easy. That 1 meal needs to be at least 70% fat IMO. I lost 40lbs on OMAD and it was hell until I cut anything causing a sugar spike...then IF was a walk in the park. I also got so much stuff done, you don't realize how much time is wasted eating.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19714 posts
3516 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Eat one huge meal.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Apr 24, 2015
5 posts
1 upvote
Brampton, ON
that is not how that works. intermittent fasting allows you to eat all your daily caloric needs in a certain time frame, say within 6 hour window.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6059 posts
1310 upvotes
Why not 2 meals a day, 10-12 hours in between?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
184 upvotes
Holy moly dude one meal a day seems brutal. 2 meals per day is more doable.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5024 posts
440 upvotes
rcmpvet wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:28 am
My wife and I only do One Large Meal a day, being lunch. I would think most people have a tendency to sit and relax after supper, subsequently they tend to not burn off those calories after supper. However, after lunch they tend to still be active.
It doesn't matter when you eat or when you expend energy. It all adds or subtracts from your daily/weekly etc bottom line. What matters is what happens, on average, over time.

IF isn't one meal a day. It's an eating window alternated with a fasting window. 18/6 is a common fasting/eating window. I guess that *could* just be a single meal but it needn't be.
Apr 18, 2017
224 posts
79 upvotes
Try OMAW, (week)
a few times a year if you suffer from an autoimmune disorder.
Was life changing for me.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16019 posts
1325 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
qman23 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:13 pm
Try OMAW, (week)
a few times a year if you suffer from an autoimmune disorder.
Was life changing for me.
I work a physical job so OMAW would not be possible. I have been in situations where I have tried not eating during my 8 hour work day and I would cramp up and get dizzy. OMAD is possible, I just need to do one a few hours before I work.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16019 posts
1325 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
toronto19850 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:27 am
why would you starve yourself?
I know it seems that way but have you stopped and took a look at how we consume everything in great excess. Whether it's eating, drinking, buying, whatever. Body builders looked good in the 60s and 70s then they started using PEDs to look even bigger, pack on more muscle, etc. Watching people stuff their face even though they aren't hungry. Every day we do that too. Breakfast and then 3 hours later, we stuff ourselves again and then dinner at home. Snacking while winding down before bed. I'm not waxing poetic about obesity, but about over consumption of everything.

It is said that monks can go weeks without food. Christian Bale did it for the movie role of Machinist. These two examples share a commonality; they both have dedication. The people in here are doing the OMAD with success. You're not going to die eating less but it's not going to be easy adjusting. It's incredible how malleable our body and mind is if you just train it to do what you want.