• Feb 8th, 2020 5:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6808 posts
568 upvotes

OMG We bought a Lodge

Long time listener, first time caller. But not really, long time poster, many of you were such an immense help with starting my first small business, now in its 11th year. I feel like I grew up in a business sense through learning in this forum, going to RFD meetups in Toronto when I knew almost no one in the city, years of reading every single post in random forums all night for no reason other than appreciating the community and curiosity. RFD has been a major part of my life, and I can't thank you all enough for being part of that.

All of that (especially my RFD deal getting) helped get me here - no idea what can help me now! My wife & I bought a historic Lodge on The Bruce Peninsula, after finally breaking free of our 238 sq foot place in Toronto. 5 years of that, 3 of them with a big Newfoundland Dog... you could say we're LOVING life on The Bruce with 18,000 sq ft and 50 acres as we renovate all 25 units.

The best part? The entire thing was less than a 1 bedroom condo down the street. Ridiculous. I couldn't picture a life in Toronto better than this one here.

I hope you'll come along :-) I didn't know where best to post this - I feel this is the forum I ended up with the most friends out of, and our web series is documenting the business - from the start till (who knows when!)

Episode 1: OMG We Bought a Lodge

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aLODGEmadeofLOVE/

Now who wants to do an RFD retreat :-D RFD Softball beach party???