Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Omron BP762CAN Blood Pressure Monitor -> $44.99 After $15.00 Coupon At Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2011 9:08 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 6, 2006
212 posts
40 upvotes
Brampton

[Costco] Omron BP762CAN Blood Pressure Monitor -> $44.99 After $15.00 Coupon At Costco

Midrange blood pressure monitor has the same features as the more expensive Series 10 but only has 120 instead of 200 measurement memory. The accuracy of all the Omron monitors appears to be the same regardless of cost.

Bought the unit last week so not sure when the in-store coupon expires.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9013 posts
1183 upvotes
A quick comment, I found Omron reading tended to be lower. Lifesource seems to give more accurate result.
gwn wrote:
Oct 30th, 2011 11:25 am
Midrange blood pressure monitor has the same features as the more expensive Series 10 but only has 120 instead of 200 measurement memory. The accuracy of all the Omron monitors appears to be the same regardless of cost.

Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1336 posts
155 upvotes
gwn wrote:
Oct 30th, 2011 11:25 am
Omron BP762CAN Blood Pressure Monitor -> $44.99 After $15.00 Coupon At Costco

OP, are you sure it is $44.99 after coupon, i just got one today, it is $47.99 after $12 coupon.
[OP]
May 6, 2006
212 posts
40 upvotes
Brampton
You are right about $12 instead of $15 coupon. I stand corrected.
Oct 12, 2008
36 posts
3 upvotes
Please check out the list of devices recommended by Hypertension Canada:

http://www.hypertension.ca/en/devices-e ... ion-canada

This model of Omron is not on the list -- however, it doesn't mean it is inaccurate since they may have not yet tested it. It's a good price and if a higher price is stopping you from buying a BP machine, then this is worth it. Regardless of what device you buy, you should always have it tested for accuracy at an MD's office by comparing your machine's reading with theirs. Theirs is always more accurate so if yours is a lot different, the batteries need to be changed or it's not a good machine. Also remember to test 3x and get the average of the measurements every time you use one (you'd be surprised how much your BP can change within half a minute).
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10662 posts
14368 upvotes
Stavakolis wrote:
Oct 31st, 2011 11:48 pm
Please check out the list of devices recommended by Hypertension Canada:

http://www.hypertension.ca/en/devices-e ... ion-canada

This model of Omron is not on the list -- however, it doesn't mean it is inaccurate since they may have not yet tested it. It's a good price and if a higher price is stopping you from buying a BP machine, then this is worth it. Regardless of what device you buy, you should always have it tested for accuracy at an MD's office by comparing your machine's reading with theirs. Theirs is always more accurate so if yours is a lot different, the batteries need to be changed or it's not a good machine. Also remember to test 3x and get the average of the measurements every time you use one (you'd be surprised how much your BP can change within half a minute).

I wonder if I have a defective machine because the reading is always higher at the doctors office. There is a 10 point difference.
Have a nice day!

Oct 12, 2008
36 posts
3 upvotes
Yes you may have white coat hypertension. You can only ever be sure of this if you take your machine and compare it to the office's readings. If there still a difference then the machine is inaccurate or has ran out of batteries. Also, 10 units isn't a very significant difference.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9013 posts
1183 upvotes
Reading varies from seconds to seconds, even left and right arms will give different readings! As I said, Omron tends to give lower reading than Lifesource. This is why I don't recommend Omron anymore. It doesn't mean they are bad, they still work great for reference purpose.
Stavakolis wrote:
Nov 1st, 2011 1:21 am
Yes you may have white coat hypertension. You can only ever be sure of this if you take your machine and compare it to the office's readings. If there still a difference then the machine is inaccurate or has ran out of batteries. Also, 10 units isn't a very significant difference.
× < >