• Nov 30th, 2017 4:38 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 22, 2011
16504 posts
21843 upvotes
Toronto
toshibaaa wrote: 20171117_004425.jpg

-ive?

only 2 of 6 units with that layout have 2 balconies in the whole 6 floors building
This is by far the best lay out, and resale would be so much easier.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2507 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
I live in a layout almost identical to the first one, I would go with the second one. Will be brighter and feel more spacious.
20 Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
Let say the 2nd balcony is another 10k ... is that worth it?
Aug 20, 2015
517 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Another consideration if you have the 2nd balcony is that you won't be able to put any furniture where the entry is. Something small to keep in mind.
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
tsingoo wrote: Another consideration if you have the 2nd balcony is that you won't be able to put any furniture where the entry is. Something small to keep in mind.
That mean giving up the penthouse ... is that worth it?
Aug 20, 2015
517 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
toshibaaa wrote: That mean giving up the penthouse ... is that worth it?
That's up to you. Obviously the penthouse has some other nicer features 10 feet ceilings etc.

It's just a small consideration, but you can't lay out your living room the same with one with 1 balcony vs 2.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11547 posts
5376 upvotes
Moving target
tranquility922 wrote: That's my unique shorthand: -ive=negative / +ive=positive.

Anyway, need to know how much more $ for the extra balcony, but ofc it's much nicer w/ it...can imagine having guests over and it being more spacious vs just that 1 outside area.
Keep in mind that larger second balcony you would have to walk through the bedroom to get to (appears that way). Most people prefer not to have people walk through their bedrooms. Perhaps if they are super neat, but it's a bit odd. The second balcony might be handy if OP is a smoker, to get that last dart in before bed and a good morning smoke.

As for the layouts, tough one, the first one appears narrow but the island in the middle of the room makes it easier for friends to gather around the island and have drinks while looking at one another. The second layout is more the "bar tender" feel but if one likes to cook the kitchen is probably more practical.

Frankly I don't like either layout and particularly dislike the den in both, unless you need an office, but even still zero natural light.
Autocorrect sucks
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
tsingoo wrote: That's up to you. Obviously the penthouse has some other nicer features 10 feet ceilings etc.

It's just a small consideration, but you can't lay out your living room the same with one with 1 balcony vs 2.
GangStarr wrote: Keep in mind that larger second balcony you would have to walk through the bedroom to get to (appears that way). Most people prefer not to have people walk through their bedrooms. Perhaps if they are super neat, but it's a bit odd. The second balcony might be handy if OP is a smoker, to get that last dart in before bed and a good morning smoke.

As for the layouts, tough one, the first one appears narrow but the island in the middle of the room makes it easier for friends to gather around the island and have drinks while looking at one another. The second layout is more the "bar tender" feel but if one likes to cook the kitchen is probably more practical.

Frankly I don't like either layout and particularly dislike the den in both, unless you need an office, but even still zero natural light.

Good points

Yes i do believe the only way to get to the bigger balcony through the bedroom

I highly doubt I can ask the developer to put the door in the living room instead lol

Yeah that my dilemma with the island vs "bartender" kitchen...I'm actually a pastry chef

I'm planning to do a food business in the near future so the den can help turn it into an office
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
GangStarr wrote: Keep in mind that larger second balcony you would have to walk through the bedroom to get to (appears that way). Most people prefer not to have people walk through their bedrooms. Perhaps if they are super neat, but it's a bit odd. The second balcony might be handy if OP is a smoker, to get that last dart in before bed and a good morning smoke.
You're right, I only took a quick glance at the windows and thought there were doors at both rooms. Ya, good pts re the only bedrm access, I wouldn't like/prefer it either.

OP, I would think request builder to *add* a sliding door at the living rm for super-flexibility...not sure if possible though.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
tranquility922 wrote: You're right, I only took a quick glance at the windows and thought there were doors at both rooms. Ya, good pts re the only bedrm access, I wouldn't like/prefer it either.

OP, I would think request builder to *add* a sliding door at the living rm for super-flexibility...not sure if possible though.
They should have connect the two balconies
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
toshibaaa wrote: They should have connect the two balconies
That too, for sure great for the condo owner, but I assume they're going for a certain look in the overall bldg.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Dec 19, 2010
907 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Did you end up going?
I was going to go, but heard from a friend that at by midnight there were 300+ people in line so I didn't bother.
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
jamieee wrote: Did you end up going?
I was going to go, but heard from a friend that at by midnight there were 300+ people in line so I didn't bother.
Yeah only 125 units for sale ..suppose to be at least double ..make me wonder if it was sold internally

Yeah they stop at 400 ..no more taking numbers

I'm #137
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2010
1629 posts
2026 upvotes
Toronto
I like the first unit better, the kitchen/dining/living area is much more usable. And the aspect ratio of the den is more functional.
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
2nd layout is sold out... first layout got 1 left on the third floor so most likely I ain't getting it

So if I pick a unit ...it either the cheapest 1 bed 1 den or 2 bed ... like under 100k difference
Oct 9, 2017
39 posts
23 upvotes
100k is a lot. if you don't ever plan on getting a roommate, I think I would prefer the 1 bed/1 den.
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
kalso87 wrote: 100k is a lot. if you don't ever plan on getting a roommate, I think I would prefer the 1 bed/1 den.
oh god I don't do roommates lol.... always hear horror stories

1 bed 1 den is 327k and 2 bed is 420k

that specific 1 bed 1 den model is 40% of the building. It got to be hard to sell in the future with all that competition. 2 bed model take 20% of the whole building, at least less competition. Also that model have two alternate kitchen layouts which is C shaped kitchen or peninsula (breakfast bar), certain units get certain kitchen layout

I don't know which view I should aim for? south view got probably the busiet street with cars, north and east view got residential/ a few patches of scenery, west side got the mirror version with the 2nd condo building so pretty much blocked beside looking right or left.

I'm still going to try to get the top floor
Oct 9, 2017
39 posts
23 upvotes
toshibaaa wrote: oh god I don't do roommates lol.... always hear horror stories

1 bed 1 den is 327k and 2 bed is 420k

that specific 1 bed 1 den model is 40% of the building. It got to be hard to sell in the future with all that competition. 2 bed model take 20% of the whole building, at least less competition. Also that model have two alternate kitchen layouts which is C shaped kitchen or peninsula (breakfast bar), certain units get certain kitchen layout

I don't know which view I should aim for? south view got probably the busiet street with cars, north and east view got residential/ a few patches of scenery, west side got the mirror version with the 2nd condo building so pretty much blocked beside looking right or left.

I'm still going to try to get the top floor
Up to you which one you want then. The 1 bed/1den will have lower mortgage payments and probably lower maintenance fees, but the 2 bedroom will be easier to re-sell and might fit into your future plans better if you plan on getting married/ having kids soon.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
The second one is better.

The first design has a big weakness in that if there is any problem with the washing machine, then pulling it out will block the front door. You'll have to pull it out, disconnect the drain hose, and the move it sideways. Otherwise you can't get in & out to retrieve things like parts, supplies, etc. Imagine how complicated this would be if there is any technical problem or repair with the machine. How annoying would it be to have to replace the machine if it breaks? What about any maintenance / repairs on the pipes or plumbing? It's a landmine built into the unit's design.
- casual gastronomist -
Jan 15, 2013
349 posts
29 upvotes
Oakville
All sold out except 4 of 2 bed 1 den

I'm annoyed because I checked new developments every day for almost 2 years and I registered this development when it came out way back then. I get update emails but they never mention that there is a waiting list which started like Tuesday and I just happen to go by the sales center Friday night to see if there were people staying in line and camp out.

I saw some guy parked outside the gate talking to some woman in the parking lot. She was one of the people that people on the list and have to do roll calls every 4 hours. I was #264 and ended being #137 before Saturday grand opening after people didn't show up for the roll calls.

Probably my last chance finding an affordable condo in oakville :(