Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2005
1354 posts
15 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
:rolleyes:

if i don't know what JDM is, then I wouldn't have said the B16A is a JDM engine. remember my advice? think/read before you say something????

which btw after rereading your post, good one on the JDM engine mods. While you're at it, I would love to install JDM oil filter, JDM air filters, and possibly a JDM tissue box too.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2005
1354 posts
15 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
oh btw, all this time you have been accusing me of ricer....

so i guess it would suck for you to actually let you know that I drive a fully stock 325i as my daily car.

but i guess you're too busy calling that rice too. ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2002
3341 posts
5 upvotes
LMAO this thread is getting funny. And no MameXP... I wouldn't be stupid enough to call Velocity. Cause I know how much that kind of work costs and know you're full of it!

Also ricer is really used too much. Ricer generally means that if they do more appearance mods than performance mods... it's a ricer. Or giving the appearance of power when there really is nothing inside to back it up. This Civic, while ugly as hell, still has some balls, so it's really hard to call it a ricer. Regardless if it has balls or not... he can't be charging someone for all the fun he had choosing all the parts and getting everything done. That's the main reason someone does something like that to a civic. Everyone knows it does nothing to increase the stock value.

On the other hand, MameXP... your "friend's" RSX, which you probably lied about anyway, is a pure ricer. He modified the outside without touching anything on the inside. And it looks very cheap wtih the snap-on wide body kit... and even changed the name! Here's a definition of rice from wikipedia.org, including a part on name-changing.

The term rice burner or rice car most often refers to automobiles (usually economy cars) that have the appearance of a customized or high performance car, but often little or no functional modifications, such as an improved engine, suspension, or brakes. This practice is in contrast to the "stealth" or "sleeper" style of automotive modification where a vehicle may have major internal modifications for greater performance, but the appearance remains similar to that of a stock model.

Some people will call any Asian made vehicle a "rice car", frequently derogating it in favor of US-produced vehicles. There is also some confusion with the term "rice rocket," meaning a fast car, sports car, or sport motorcycle from Japan. Alternatively, the term "rice burner" is also used derogatively by American bikers to refer to foreign-make motorcycles.

Identity crisis
An identity crisis can occur when an individual adds decals, badges or other identifiers from one type of vehicle onto another vehicle of the wrong type, or to a vehicle that does not contain the modifications or special attributes indicated by the accessory; examples could include an Impreza WRX sporting a VTEC sticker, or a Honda CR-X with a TRD (Toyota Racing Development) badge (by eliminating "ota" it would produce Toy Racing Development, a graphic modification done by some Toyota Truck enthusiasts). Honda vehicles, as an example, can often be observed with examples of identity crisis between different versions of the same models, with Type R badges on sedan Civics (the Civic Type R is only available in hatchback form) and older Civics made before the Type R was available.
Banned
Feb 20, 2005
561 posts
7 upvotes
AinSane, (are you insane? )
Nice!!! :D I really hoped you call them, it would be even funnier because they can actually do all that for $2500 to your mazda, making it looks so pimp you dont want to drive it no more

His name is Chris in Cali, friend of my cousin. His kit is the first Prodrive kit in US, they used his car for show thus the sticker just as an incentive. He got it almost for free. And no its not cheap, lol....

Now , Fast-N-Furious_TypeR good that you drive Beamer. Too bad you cant put JDM sticker on it can you?

You're so dumb that you cant see my point. JDM engine conversion is to upgrade all the necessary parts that match the JDM model of that car.

Thus RSX-S to SpoonRSX, or RSX-S to JDM ITR (NOT AU ITR i know you dont even know the diff between the 2)

Thats what i mean by JDM body with JDM engine mods.

Here is another point for you. A USDM Civic SiR with HSK Turbo, blah blah puting down over 200WHP, painted WHITE with......TypeR sticker all over.

Is it rice? Yes. It doesnt matter if you have power but you try to be something that you're not is also ricer (the owner wants his car looks like TypeR for attention). Unless the civic was fully TypeR converted and turboed

Ricer is also difined as ainsane quoted, any mods that makes the car looks fast also means rice.

Yo, typeR here is a slogan for you to put in sig. " If it aint TypeR, it aint a tight car ....yo"

Maybe you should have said you drive a Foxbody GN,
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2005
1354 posts
15 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
MameXP wrote:AinSane, (are you insane? )
Nice!!! :D I really hoped you call them, it would be even funnier because they can actually do all that for $2500 to your mazda, making it looks so pimp you dont want to drive it no more

His name is Chris in Cali, friend of my cousin. His kit is the first Prodrive kit in US, they used his car for show thus the sticker just as an incentive. He got it almost for free. And no its not cheap, lol....

Now , Fast-N-Furious_TypeR good that you drive Beamer. Too bad you cant put JDM sticker on it can you?

You're so dumb that you cant see my point. JDM engine conversion is to upgrade all the necessary parts that match the JDM model of that car.

Thus RSX-S to SpoonRSX, or RSX-S to JDM ITR (NOT AU ITR i know you dont even know the diff between the 2)

Thats what i mean by JDM body with JDM engine mods.

Here is another point for you. A USDM Civic SiR with HSK Turbo, blah blah puting down over 200WHP, painted WHITE with......TypeR sticker all over.

Is it rice? Yes. It doesnt matter if you have power but you try to be something that you're not is also ricer (the owner wants his car looks like TypeR for attention). Unless the civic was fully TypeR converted and turboed

Ricer is also difined as ainsane quoted, any mods that makes the car looks fast also means rice.

Yo, typeR here is a slogan for you to put in sig. " If it aint TypeR, it aint a tight car ....yo"

Maybe you should have said you drive a Foxbody GN,
its pretty funny how you change your stance every single time. first you were calling me a ricer, which you got schooled, and then now you're telling me to slap JDM stickers on an European car, which is clearly a form of ricer. Then you say how this Civic is ricing, theny you tell people to not rice you slap on JDM body kits and JDM engine mods, which makes no sense first and second, which is still rice. So what are you going to say next? From where you're going, I wouldn't be surprised that you say waxing your car is a form of ricing because it adds 'bling', which is an appearence enhancement and therefore rice.

If I remembered correctly, someoen was commenting on how much he likes his friend's RSX snap-on widebody kit, how that OEM A-SPEC RSX looks awesome (LOL that was a joke, make sure you look at the logos before boasting about it), but i guess you're too shameless to recall that.

Just to let you know, your 'ricer' posts are not helping you, but they are quickly ricing up your reputation :)
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
2219 posts
ainsane wrote:lmao this thread is awesome!

I wonder if this is considered a ricer:
[IMG]http://www.strangevehicles.com/images/c ... 106150.jpg[/IMG]

LMAO. If those are jet engines... I guess it's technically not! ;)
thats a friggin plane!! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2005
1354 posts
15 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ch1zo wrote:thats a friggin plane!! :cheesygri
i'm surprised the car didn't lean backward with all that weight in the back :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
964 upvotes
ch1zo wrote:thats a friggin plane!! :cheesygri
Reactors...........ON! :)
Originally Posted by uruha:
I saw a customer returning a book at Costco + telling the employee that the book was good.
Banned
Feb 20, 2005
561 posts
7 upvotes
fast_typeR wrote:its pretty funny how you change your stance every single time. first you were calling me a ricer, which you got schooled, and then now you're telling me to slap JDM stickers on an European car, which is clearly a form of ricer. Then you say how this Civic is ricing, theny you tell people to not rice you slap on JDM body kits and JDM engine mods, which makes no sense first and second, which is still rice. So what are you going to say next? From where you're going, I wouldn't be surprised that you say waxing your car is a form of ricing because it adds 'bling', which is an appearence enhancement and therefore rice.

If I remembered correctly, someoen was commenting on how much he likes his friend's RSX snap-on widebody kit, how that OEM A-SPEC RSX looks awesome (LOL that was a joke, make sure you look at the logos before boasting about it), but i guess you're too shameless to recall that.

Just to let you know, your 'ricer' posts are not helping you, but they are quickly ricing up your reputation :)
WTF? Are you really that retard? Since when i told you to put JDM stickers on your car? You dont even understand i was making fun on you? Jesus christ....

JDM model conversion is rice you said? WTF in your head? No wonder you're a ricer because a ricer dont see the line. They're already in Rice zone.

I'm done with you, you're the most ******** person i've ever known. Gosh Read my post again,.... i wonder that degree exactly did you get? EE? from UW? Whos your dean then?lol
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2005
1354 posts
15 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
its pretty obvious your pretty lame attempts kinda put the joke back at you, because last time i checked...... people were laughing at you :lol:

and btw, there's no dean of electrical engineering. sedra's the dean of 'engineering', our chair is catherine rosenburg
Feb 22, 2004
841 posts
122 upvotes
Leafs Nation
i'll bid $5 just so i can smash it
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
62 upvotes
Ontario
Oh wow. I feel sick from reading MameXP's posts.....
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
62 upvotes
Ontario
fast_typeR wrote: i think you need to re-educate on what 'ricer' means before you start accusing anyone of ricing
That is gold!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2005
5002 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
if the buyer's happy then who cares?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2005
4658 posts
6 upvotes
someone's caught up a little too much in Need for Speed Underground.