• Oct 21st, 2017 10:26 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 27, 2009
49 posts
7 upvotes

OnePlus 5T

Hola
So it seems that OnePlus is maintaining its strange twice-yearly release cycle with the to-be-fully-confirmed announcement of the OnePlus 5T. There were rumours a few days ago from some blogging site, namely GizmoChina, that initially started this. But now it seems that even oppomart.com (an official store front for Oppo and associated companies, including OnePlus) has made mention of the 5T... I purchased the OnePlus 5 and I don't regret it (so far).

https://www.oppomart.com/oneplus/oneplus-5t.html

Only difference thus far that I can find are:
1. Screen - 5.9 inch, full HD (1920x1080 pixels), Optic AMOLED, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
2. Fingerprint scanner - On the rear.

Thoughts?
8 replies
Jan 7, 2007
78 posts
12 upvotes
The screen and form factor get upgraded to the new small bezel standard. It's not a trivial upgrade. The OP5 is on dead-phone row.
Jan 13, 2014
562 posts
144 upvotes
Calgary
Apparently Oppomart really got the specs wrong on the OnePlus 3T, and I'm still not convinced they'll jump on the QHD resolution for the 5T as that would be a first. They wrote the aperture wrong for the 5 as well (it's f/1.7 not f/1.6). Also remember the renders of the alleged 5T were identical to that of the OPPO F5 right down to the lock screen.

Taking this one with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure there will be a 5T (especially since the 5 has been out of stock for a bit), but I'm not convinced we've seen what it'll be.
Apr 5, 2003
708 posts
121 upvotes
White Rock, BC
From what I read they are saying 2160x1080 resolution which is basically 1080p in 2:1 screen ratio.
Jan 13, 2014
562 posts
144 upvotes
Calgary
Ok, it's all but confirmed now that there's a 5T coming. No more Buy Now link on the OnePlus 5 page.
Jan 28, 2015
63 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah whats the deal with the not available - When & What is next?

Even Carl Pei said that he didn't think people would buy these many OP5
Banned
Oct 19, 2017
2 posts
2017 has brought about one major smartphone trend: the 18:9 display. Taking the OnePlus 5 and shifting that display might technically be an upgrade and fit the OnePlus 5T name, as it would be an incremental step.

Currently we're in that position where there's a lack of handsets to buy, an idea of a new handset, but nothing concrete to set these rumours against. It could be an updated 5T in time for Christmas (something that HTC is rumoured to be doing with the U11 Plus), equally, it could be a brand new phone in Spring 2018.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11134 posts
1424 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
The OnePlus 5 has been sold out for over a month. At this point, there's either supply issues or OnePlus is gearing up for a new phone. Only India has stock. Or they're releasing a OnePlus 5 version 2 to fix some of the complaints people had, such as the jelly scrolling for example.
heropizza wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 4:23 pm
2017 has brought about one major smartphone trend: the 18:9 display. Taking the OnePlus 5 and shifting that display might technically be an upgrade and fit the OnePlus 5T name, as it would be an incremental step.

Currently we're in that position where there's a lack of handsets to buy, an idea of a new handset, but nothing concrete to set these rumours against. It could be an updated 5T in time for Christmas (something that HTC is rumoured to be doing with the U11 Plus), equally, it could be a brand new phone in Spring 2018.
You mean no headphone jack is the current smartphone trend right?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Layze