Tags:
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10824 posts
3523 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Mugen123 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:43 am
Can anyone recommend a screen protector that can be used with this case?
Yes, the one that's pre-applied at the factory and comes with every OP5 and OP5T at no extra cost. Granted it's only plastic. But my has no scratches after 5 or 6 months of use. My suggestion is use that one. If your usage results in scratches then look for something better.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2452 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:46 am
Yes, the one that's pre-applied at the factory and comes with every OP5 and OP5T at no extra cost. Granted it's only plastic. But my has no scratches after 5 or 6 months of use. My suggestion is use that one. If your usage results in scratches then look for something better.
I was unaware that it came with a screen protector pre-applied hah, thanks bylo!
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10824 posts
3523 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mr_raider wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:28 pm
This is not up to date?

https://oneplus.net/ca_en/5t
It's at least inconsistent with the page I linked to. I don't know which page is more authoritative.

In any caseevent, the included case is "Translucent." The poster was looking for a red OP5T, which apparently isn't [yet] available. My suggested solution was a red case. (I suppose a translucent case could work if you spray painted the inside with red paint ;) )
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16720 posts
1795 upvotes
Montreal
Yeah my 5t gets here one Monday. I was just hoping I get a starter case until more options show up on Amazon.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16720 posts
1795 upvotes
Montreal
Ok so it does ship with a clear soft case and screen protector. Nothing fancy.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4697 posts
183 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:46 am
No.

But if you do, order a black one now and add a thin hard case like Oneplus 5T Case Cover MOFI for $7.

The back of the phone is very slippery (at least on my OP5) so you need a case to get a better grip in any case. My MOFi case has prevented many drops. It's also very thin so you barely notice it's there.
hmmn. interesting.

normally I like using the soft, clear tpu-like cases because it allows you to keep the phone looking good and adds grip.

however, my phone is dying so i'm going to have to pull the trigger soon so ...
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

----------------------------------------------------

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10824 posts
3523 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
miss_swan wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:27 pm
normally I like using the soft, clear tpu-like cases because it allows you to keep the phone looking good and adds grip.
This case is similar except the hard shell allows it to be thinner than soft TPU. I also have a TPU case that cost me more. It's thicker and feels less comfortable in the hand. Also clear TPU cases have a reputation for yellowing over time.

Sometimes less is more ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4524 posts
165 upvotes
Vancity
I got the sandstone case with the early bird bundle and it's quite grippy but thin as well.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16720 posts
1795 upvotes
Montreal
NewsyL wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:48 pm
I've been using a version of these egrips for over a year on a camera and they are very "sticky/grippy" and have yet to peel off despite heat and cold, a little rain, and oily fingers.

https://www.amazon.ca/egrips-Piece-Clea ... 00XLZTVA6/

Not a bad choice. I could stick them on the clear soft case that comes stock, since it's quite slippery. However the stock case looks flimsy in terms of shock protection. Amazon has a few 5t cases, but nothing by "first tier" makers like Spigen or Otterbox.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10824 posts
3523 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mr_raider wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 10:22 am
Not a bad choice. I could stick them on the clear soft case that comes stock, since it's quite slippery. However the stock case looks flimsy in terms of shock protection. Amazon has a few 5t cases, but nothing by "first tier" makers like Spigen or Otterbox.
The stickers are more expensive than "second" tier makes on amazon, ebay, aliexpress, etc. yet provide less protection to the overall body of the phone.

If you want extreme shock protection then I agree that "first tier" makers like Spigen or Otterbox are better. But they're also thicker and bulkier. Because of that bulk they're also harder to hold and less comfortable. But that's a personal decision based on what's most important to each phone owner.
veni, vidi, Visa
Mar 3, 2017
12 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
I bought a 5T off kijiji yesterday and I love it!! The only phones I've ever owned were Nexus, so I was worried that I wouldn't like an "impure" android. But this is really familiar feeling and the best bang for my buck. Love it