• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 7:59 am
[OP]
Nov 9, 2016
125 posts
54 upvotes

OnePlus 6T Announcement - release date Nov 1

Hey everyone,

Did you see the announcement from OnePlus today!?

I'm not sure if I'm interested in the in device fingerprint reader that they are raving about, I think it's pretty cool and a nice touch but with facial unlock I think I would be using that more. I like the small notch they have as well and the updates to the camera

What are your thoughts about the new device?
How do you like the pricing?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/10/29/onep ... ilability/

https://www.oneplus.com/ca_en/6t/launch ... lsrc=aw.ds
184 replies
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
2874 posts
573 upvotes
Camera still "sucks". No facial recognition. Not fully waterproof. No wireless charging.

Probably production issues like all of the previous oneplus phones.
Sep 9, 2014
467 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver
They do have a face recognition, very fast but less secure than the Face ID. It is for all intents and purposes waterproof like other phones, just not certified.

As for the issues, mind telling us about those for recent OnePlus phones?
Jan 13, 2014
940 posts
299 upvotes
Calgary
No phone is waterproof. Water resistant, yes.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17134 posts
1456 upvotes
Woodbridge
Love OnePlus but will wait it out because I know they will release a White 6t.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15024 posts
5556 upvotes
Oakville
If you don't want to jump on this one, no worries - the OnePlus 7 will be out in 6 months or less any way.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
7700 posts
604 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 4:34 pm
If you don't want to jump on this one, no worries - the OnePlus 7 will be out in 6 months or less any way.
And then in one year it’s the 7t lol when oh when do we upgrade?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1806 posts
852 upvotes
Waterloo
It's launching for $549 USD which is $721 CAD with today's exchange rate. I'm impressed that the 6t is selling for $720 CAD directly since the price is usually slightly above conversion rate. You also get 128GB storage with the base model 6t, compared to pixel3 64gb base model which is a huge plus, along with 6gb ram (pixel3 = 4 gb ram). Looks pretty solid for the price!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6028 posts
1010 upvotes
I watched a bit of the launch yesterday. I think I will probably buy one on Wednesday. My OP2 is still running fine though, so maybe not.

Not sure what model I would want though. Does $50 seem like too much to go from the base model with 6gb to the mid-line with 8gb? Storage @ 128gb is fine, I can't even fill 1/2 of the 64gb on my OP2.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2016
125 posts
54 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 6:46 am
I watched a bit of the launch yesterday. I think I will probably buy one on Wednesday. My OP2 is still running fine though, so maybe not.

Not sure what model I would want though. Does $50 seem like too much to go from the base model with 6gb to the mid-line with 8gb? Storage @ 128gb is fine, I can't even fill 1/2 of the 64gb on my OP2.
Pretty awesome your OnePlus 2 is working fine still

I think the pricing point is reasonable. I could be wrong but I don't think $50 increase is horrible for more ram. I mean 6Gb is probably well enough for a phone from what I've read about. I've watched videos on the OnePlus 6 with 6gb or 8gb of RAM can't remember. But anyways the youtuber said he loved it and that he chooses it over his Pixel 2XL at the time and it was more snappier than the Pixel 2XL
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6028 posts
1010 upvotes
therealbry wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 9:06 am
Pretty awesome your OnePlus 2 is working fine still

I think the pricing point is reasonable. I could be wrong but I don't think $50 increase is horrible for more ram. I mean 6Gb is probably well enough for a phone from what I've read about. I've watched videos on the OnePlus 6 with 6gb or 8gb of RAM can't remember. But anyways the youtuber said he loved it and that he chooses it over his Pixel 2XL at the time and it was more snappier than the Pixel 2XL
Not just fine, it still satisfies all of my phone needs. The only issue is the battery is starting to go. I need to top up the charge a couple times a day, while at my desk.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2016
125 posts
54 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 9:30 am
Not just fine, it still satisfies all of my phone needs. The only issue is the battery is starting to go. I need to top up the charge a couple times a day, while at my desk.
LOL I have to do the same thing with my spare LG G4 I use for media
Jul 31, 2004
212 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
These phones are pretty well made. My uncle is still using a OP One and he doesn't want to upgrade because it still works really well. I had a OP X that I gave my 70yr old mother and she's still using it and works great,. She's obviously not a heavy user but she's happy with it. I recently sold my OP5 and I'll be going for the 6T, 8GB/256. I think they're well worth the money as I've only had good experiences with this brand.

I had 1 issue with the 5 which turned out to be a hardware issue. It was still under warranty so I sent it off to the service centre in Markham and they replaced the mainboard and couriered it back to me. I had a total of 4 days downtime from the time I shipped it to receiving it again. Pretty happy with their turn around time and phone worked like new after getting it back. I'm excited about the new camera in the 6T.. I started taking more 4K videos so pumped to see they have a 256g version and the larger capacity battery this phone looks great.

Oxygen OS also just works so well and OP releases updates all the time.. I recall security and bug fixes were pushed out like every other month. Also was one of the first manufacturers to switch from Nougat to Oreo. Overall I'm fan of their products.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6028 posts
1010 upvotes
bringit wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 10:04 am
These phones are pretty well made. My uncle is still using a OP One and he doesn't want to upgrade because it still works really well. I had a OP X that I gave my 70yr old mother and she's still using it and works great,. She's obviously not a heavy user but she's happy with it. I recently sold my OP5 and I'll be going for the 6T, 8GB/256. I think they're well worth the money as I've only had good experiences with this brand.

I had 1 issue with the 5 which turned out to be a hardware issue. It was still under warranty so I sent it off to the service centre in Markham and they replaced the mainboard and couriered it back to me. I had a total of 4 days downtime from the time I shipped it to receiving it again. Pretty happy with their turn around time and phone worked like new after getting it back. I'm excited about the new camera in the 6T.. I started taking more 4K videos so pumped to see they have a 256g version and the larger capacity battery this phone looks great.

Oxygen OS also just works so well and OP releases updates all the time.. I recall security and bug fixes were pushed out like every other month. Also was one of the first manufacturers to switch from Nougat to Oreo. Overall I'm fan of their products.
I agree, I have been very impressed with OnePlus and my OP2, and have pretty much been waiting for the next version from them I want, while only briefly looking elsewhere if interested.

I think the 6T is the one I have been waiting for. I will know Wednesday if my concision says otherwise when it asks to "confirm order"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

loserga