• Jun 11th, 2019 9:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7041 posts
1743 upvotes
kwk1 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 6:53 pm
Congrats on ordering a 6T!
I just mentioned 6 sold out on OP website because ebates is only 1% now on amazon and OP website gives 5% off for students (I'm a student).
Thanks. Ya, I couldn't get the student discount on this 6T for my wife nor the one I order for myself at launch. Neither of us have been students for over a decade, almost 2 for me.

I am still happy, I love mine and she likes what she has seen of me using it ( she doesn't need to know mine has more ram :) )

I think she will get more mileage out of a high end phone vs the mid range ones I normally buy for her. She had 3 phones in the time I had my OP2, and if you add up total costs, I would have been better off spending more money on a better phone and having it last longer than constantly replacing mid range phones with other mid range phones.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16608 posts
6474 upvotes
Oakville
Gutty96 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 8:40 am
Thanks. Ya, I couldn't get the student discount on this 6T for my wife nor the one I order for myself at launch. Neither of us have been students for over a decade, almost 2 for me.

I am still happy, I love mine and she likes what she has seen of me using it ( she doesn't need to know mine has more ram :) )

I think she will get more mileage out of a high end phone vs the mid range ones I normally buy for her. She had 3 phones in the time I had my OP2, and if you add up total costs, I would have been better off spending more money on a better phone and having it last longer than constantly replacing mid range phones with other mid range phones.
Just for future reference, many universities offer alumni email addresses that work for student discount programs (Waterloo, for example, gives an @uwaterloo.ca email address, which I've used for many a student discount despite having graduated in 2001 - it works with StudentBeans, which is what OnePlus uses for student status verification :))
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16608 posts
6474 upvotes
Oakville
alanbrenton wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 1:35 pm
This is still with the Snapdragon 840 SOC?

Edit:

[Update: Nope] OnePlus will launch the first smartphone with Snapdragon 855 in 2019
https://9to5google.com/2018/12/06/onepl ... -855-2019/
All the 6T versions have the SD845. They'll be "One of the first", not necessarily the first (that article was updated - it was apparently a translation error) with the SD855 next year. OP usually launches their phones on a spring/fall timeline, so when the OP7 launches next Spring, chances are there will already be other SD855 phones already out.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50627 posts
15421 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 2:14 pm
All the 6T versions have the SD845. They'll be "One of the first", not necessarily the first (that article was updated - it was apparently a translation error) with the SD855 next year. OP usually launches their phones on a spring/fall timeline, so when the OP7 launches next Spring, chances are there will already be other SD855 phones already out.
My wife is willing to switch back to Android.

She wants the best IQ so that's probably going to be a Sony or a Samsung with an 855 SOC.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7041 posts
1743 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 2:14 pm
Ya. I would have loved to wait for the SD855, but I couldn't keep with charging my OP2 up to 3x a day any longer.

I am extremely happy with 6T though, and know there will always be a latest and greatest coming soon. At some point, you gotta buy something.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7041 posts
1743 upvotes
I love DHL!

Not only is the delivery in Canada already ( ordered on the weekend ) but is was scheduled for delivery Tomorrow. However, since Wife and I both work, and have plans after work, I didn't want to have it sitting on the step all night. I was able to simply log into tracking, change the delivery date to Thursday when I am home all day. So simple. Do UPS and Fedex allow to change the date so simple? I have never tried.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7041 posts
1743 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 7:04 am
I love DHL!

Not only is the delivery in Canada already ( ordered on the weekend ) but is was scheduled for delivery Tomorrow. However, since Wife and I both work, and have plans after work, I didn't want to have it sitting on the step all night. I was able to simply log into tracking, change the delivery date to Thursday when I am home all day. So simple. Do UPS and Fedex allow to change the date so simple? I have never tried.
Well looks like I praised them too soon. Even though they briefly update tracking to a scheduled Dec 20th. Today I check and see. "on truck for delivery by end of day.". Lol.

Oh well even if Wifey brings it in off the step, it is neutral packaging. I will just tell here it some screen protectors, then toss it in my dresser.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16608 posts
6474 upvotes
Oakville
Gutty96 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 10:51 am
Well looks like I praised them too soon. Even though they briefly update tracking to a scheduled Dec 20th. Today I check and see. "on truck for delivery by end of day.". Lol.

Oh well even if Wifey brings it in off the step, it is neutral packaging. I will just tell here it some screen protectors, then toss it in my dresser.
I can't recall exactly, but I feel like they told me in the past that any changes to deliveries made on the website less than 24 hours before expected delivery might not make it to the drivers in time. Which is... Weird. One presumes they have some sort of electronic system in the truck, to record packages as delivered, etc. So I'm not sure why they can't push it out immediately. Speaking as a software developer, my guess is that they store changes made on the web in a separate database, and only push out those changes to the system the drivers use once a day. But that's just a total guess.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7041 posts
1743 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 9:37 am
I can't recall exactly, but I feel like they told me in the past that any changes to deliveries made on the website less than 24 hours before expected delivery might not make it to the drivers in time. Which is... Weird. One presumes they have some sort of electronic system in the truck, to record packages as delivered, etc. So I'm not sure why they can't push it out immediately. Speaking as a software developer, my guess is that they store changes made on the web in a separate database, and only push out those changes to the system the drivers use once a day. But that's just a total guess.
Ya. That's what I was thinking. It was already on the truck.

It's fine, she took it at the door and tossed it in the pile. We are getting stuff every day now, so it just blended in.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7041 posts
1743 upvotes
Anyone still rocking the original screen protector? I have had mine since launch, and it is still in perfect condition. No peels, or scratches.

I have about 4 different brands of tempered glass that bought before there were any reviews out, which I haven't even tried yet. Looking at the reviews now, only 1 is good anyway.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31112 posts
2700 upvotes
Winnipeg
does anyone know how do I check in android phone/tablet what level of widevine it supports?
Nov 24, 2012
737 posts
178 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
debating on whether to get this or the Pixel 3 (not XL)

If the Pixel goes on sale again I may snap it up but the lack of ram scares me. currently have a Pixel 2 XL that I am in the process of returning.

How's the experience been with the GCam on the Oneplus 6T? I heard NightSight doesn't work on it.

EDIT: How is everyone liking their phones? Any complaints?
For Sale: Fender American Special Stratocaster Brand New In Box! Save 375!!! Message me for details
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2205 posts
168 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't like...
Many factors...
Finger scanner sucks
Vibrator weak
Dual sim keep changing and not lock
Double tap screen on sometime work and sometimes don't
Taking photo and video at night, the pixel 3 us a lot better cuz my friend has it

If I choose again I am not going for oneplus
Mar 17, 2019
46 posts
20 upvotes
I'm considering a Pixel 3 for $750. Anyone have the Pixel 3? How do you think the new OP6T will compare for gaming and camera?