Cell Phones

OnePlus 6T Announcement - release date Nov 1

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 8:45 am
Jul 31, 2004
212 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
I guess that shipping notice was correct.. just updated..

Estimated Delivery:
Friday, November 02, 2018
By End of Day
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8120 posts
449 upvotes
bobbings wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 5:02 pm
And then in one year it’s the 7t lol when oh when do we upgrade?
6 months after for the 7t. OnePlus wants to release a new flagship every 6 months.

The 7 will be a worthwhile upgrade, as it will support 5g
Jan 13, 2014
946 posts
301 upvotes
Calgary
r1lee wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 11:15 pm
6 months after for the 7t. OnePlus wants to release a new flagship every 6 months.

The 7 will be a worthwhile upgrade, as it will support 5g
5G will not be a worthwhile upgrade for several years. Remember how horrible the battery life was with the first LTE phones? Also, LTE coverage took a while to be widespread.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6034 posts
1014 upvotes
I have some tempered glass protectors on order too. Price wasn't so will update after I try them what I think. Although, I may not use them right away, I recall that OnePlus shipped their devices in the past with a film protector installed. If that is still the case, it will do for a while.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JG8 ... UTF8&psc=1
Dec 19, 2005
936 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
I still have OnePlus One and now the battery is dying. They make solid phones. I am definitely upgrading to 6T. Like some of the others on this forum waiting for the white one to come out. I am going for 8/128GB option.

Does anyone know approximately how long before they come out with the remaining colours?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17140 posts
1459 upvotes
Woodbridge
June 5 the Silk White came out and ordered. I can't remember when the 6 actually launched.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 19, 2005
936 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
bembol wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 1:16 pm
June 5 the Silk White came out and ordered. I can't remember when the 6 actually launched.
Thanks bembol. OnePlus 6 came out on May 22. So about white one came out about 2 weeks after the initial launch. That means the 6T white one should come out Nov 14-16 (guesstimate). Can't wait!

Already ordered the case last month but stuck at Canada Post due to the strike! :(
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/oneplus ... 4c4dAoUrjn
Jan 13, 2014
946 posts
301 upvotes
Calgary
The difference here is that the silk white was announced right away with the OP6. OnePlus hasn't announced any other colors yet so it'll still be a bit before we see them IMO. The more accurate estimate would be to compare when the red one launched as that wasn't in the initial reveal.

The red one was released July 10th, so a month and a half from the original release.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15063 posts
5558 upvotes
Oakville
Devhux wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:16 pm
The difference here is that the silk white was announced right away with the OP6. OnePlus hasn't announced any other colors yet so it'll still be a bit before we see them IMO. The more accurate estimate would be to compare when the red one launched as that wasn't in the initial reveal.

The red one was released July 10th, so a month and a half from the original release.
Oh yeah, OP *loves* doing big product launches for a simple new colour. Lol.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jul 31, 2004
212 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
I was just reading the shipping details over in the OnePlus community forums and someone there ordered the 6/128 to Cambridge, ON and received it from LA already. So looks like they got it in one day.

Tracking shows on hold in Ohio at 12:27 then another processed message at 2:11pm..

Hoping it got over the border..
Sep 1, 2013
659 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga
Mine was delivered today; picked it up on my way home from work. DHL really is a great courier... I used the text message URL they sent to redirect it to the Square One pickup point since I wouldn't be home to sign for it during the day. Not even a hint of a hiccup in the delivery. Made it from LA to Toronto in less than 24 hours, and is now in my hands so I can spend the weekend playing with it.

Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1965 posts
203 upvotes
York
^ Did you pay for priority shipping?
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Sep 1, 2013
659 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga
The Destroyer wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 7:40 pm
^ Did you pay for priority shipping?
No, just free standard. I don't recall even seeing multiple shipping options during checkout, TBH.
May 14, 2010
17 posts
1 upvote
bringit wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:32 pm
I was just reading the shipping details over in the OnePlus community forums and someone there ordered the 6/128 to Cambridge, ON and received it from LA already. So looks like they got it in one day.

Tracking shows on hold in Ohio at 12:27 then another processed message at 2:11pm..

Hoping it got over the border..
same situation as you
Sep 1, 2013
659 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga
So far I'm really loving the in-screen fingerprint reader... I don't think I'll be able to consider a phone in the future that doesn't have one. The phone itself seems super speedy, the UI is very fluid and really makes me realize how much my Nexus 6P has been lagging the last year or so.

Really glad I waited for this rather than settling on the Pixel 3 XL. The Pixels have a fantastic camera, no doubt, but in virtually every other way I think Google should have gone more in the direction OnePlus is favoring rather than the design and pricing imperatives they actually seem to be following.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)