Cell Phones

OnePlus 6T Announcement - release date Nov 1

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 8:45 am
Jan 5, 2014
25 posts
33 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Hi there. I'm currently using the nexus 6p. How does the 6T camera compare to the 6p's? I think 6p shoots pretty decent pictures (with the google cam app), but it's just a little slow now. As long as the 6T pictures are a step up form 6p, I'm good with it.
TM2Megatron wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 3:46 pm
Maybe for someone that uses their phone as a (nearly) dedicated camera, and shoots in a huge variety of lighting situations. And those who absolutely have to have the best photo quality from a camera.

But it's actually impressive how well the OnePlus 6t keeps up with the more expensive phones in terms of photo quality, considering that you're saving hundreds of dollars. Here's a video uploaded a day or so after the 6t keynote comparing the camera to 3 other competing phones, and in general it does quite well.

Aug 24, 2013
43 posts
5 upvotes
Ajax
Anyone know when the best time to buy is? Cant find any coupon codes currently :(
Oct 21, 2009
468 posts
271 upvotes
Brampton
Hellzone wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 7:52 pm
Anyone know when the best time to buy is? Cant find any coupon codes currently :(
People who bought phones, like myself, have referral links that give people $30 off accessories when a phone is purchased.
Oct 21, 2009
468 posts
271 upvotes
Brampton
Gutty96 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 6:23 am
I have some tempered glass protectors on order too. Price wasn't so will update after I try them what I think. Although, I may not use them right away, I recall that OnePlus shipped their devices in the past with a film protector installed. If that is still the case, it will do for a while.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JG8 ... UTF8&psc=1
The 6T also ships with a plastic screen protector on it. Not sure if any of the tempered ones work well enough for the fingerprint sensor yet
Aug 24, 2013
43 posts
5 upvotes
Ajax
meemo wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 8:33 pm
People who bought phones, like myself, have referral links that give people $30 off accessories when a phone is purchased.
Do you know where I can get a referral link? Or would it be better just to wait for Christmas
Oct 21, 2009
468 posts
271 upvotes
Brampton
Hellzone wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 8:43 pm
Do you know where I can get a referral link? Or would it be better just to wait for Christmas
PMd you a spot. Best to get it before Christmas unless you want to be hopeful other colors get released too. I didn't want to wait. It's a really cool phone
May 14, 2010
17 posts
1 upvote
meemo wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 8:36 pm
The 6T also ships with a plastic screen protector on it. Not sure if any of the tempered ones work well enough for the fingerprint sensor yet
also bought this tempered glass, work perfectly fine with the fingerprint sensor
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15058 posts
5558 upvotes
Oakville
Hellzone wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 7:52 pm
Not much in the way of deals for OnePlus phones in general. Since they release a new flagship every 6 months and stop producing the old phones at the same time, they never really put them on sale.
Small deals on accessories and the like as mentioned, but that's it.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17140 posts
1459 upvotes
Woodbridge
Student discount. That's it.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Nov 9, 2016
125 posts
54 upvotes
irvine_kinneas wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 10:44 pm
also bought this tempered glass, work perfectly fine with the fingerprint sensor
Great thanks for this! Nice to know it works. I was concerned with the fingerprint sensor
Jun 2, 2007
377 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto
Looking for referral link... Please share
Thank you
Rogers: $60 10GB | Garmin VivoActive3 | Runner |
Oct 21, 2009
468 posts
271 upvotes
Brampton
asmalworld wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 12:59 pm
Looking for referral link... Please share
Thank you
pm'd
Dec 17, 2006
374 posts
102 upvotes
Calgary
Got mine.
Camera is pretty damn good. Especially with the gcam port. Hard to differentiate between the photos against S9+. Definitely the fastest phone out there and the notch is actually pretty good looking. Fingerprint reader is even better than expected. Dash charging is still second to none. This is a great buy.
Dec 17, 2006
374 posts
102 upvotes
Calgary
vivibaby wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 2:44 pm
Camera still "sucks". No facial recognition. Not fully waterproof. No wireless charging.

Probably production issues like all of the previous oneplus phones.
Wow. Bad experience is the past or what?

This is a great phone.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6034 posts
1014 upvotes
cdogg26 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 2:38 pm
Got mine.
Camera is pretty damn good. Especially with the gcam port. Hard to differentiate between the photos against S9+. Definitely the fastest phone out there and the notch is actually pretty good looking. Fingerprint reader is even better than expected. Dash charging is still second to none. This is a great buy.
How did you do this? Need root?