Cell Phones

OnePlus 6T Announcement - release date Nov 1

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 8:45 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6034 posts
1014 upvotes
PM me if you want a referral link. Not sure what it is good for, but it's there if someone wants it.
May 24, 2006
351 posts
76 upvotes
Oakville/Burlington
"Plus, eligible students can take up to 10% off their order through the OnePlus Student Program!"

You should clarify this. 5% off one device, and 10% off accessories.
See my Blog for friendly, helpful discussions! My EBay Feedback (100%)
Jul 31, 2004
212 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Risers749 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 5:58 am
No headphone jack really sucks IMO.
I'm not an audiophile but the phone includes a free 3.5mm adapter to the USB-C. I can't tell the difference listening on my headphones with the adapter. I'm genuinely wondering what the fuss is all about? Are people complaining about the audio quality or just complaining because an adapter is required?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17140 posts
1459 upvotes
Woodbridge
It's the adapter and the fact you can't charge it the same time.

I guess it seems like a BS excuse to even remove it but with Apple I believe it's greed. Sell more Beats Wireless and AirPods.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15063 posts
5558 upvotes
Oakville
bembol wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 2:49 pm
It's the adapter and the fact you can't charge it the same time.

I guess it seems like a BS excuse to even remove it but with Apple I believe it's greed. Sell more Beats Wireless and AirPods.
Wasn't the 3.5mm jack's thickness also part of the reasoning for getting rid of it? With a 3.5mm jack, you can only make your phone so slim, and no slimmer.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2018
1205 posts
561 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 3:21 pm
Wasn't the 3.5mm jack's thickness also part of the reasoning for getting rid of it? With a 3.5mm jack, you can only make your phone so slim, and no slimmer.
Yet phones thinner or just as thin were able to keep the Jack
Feb 22, 2008
108 posts
7 upvotes
Hi All, just became aware of this phone. Was waiting on the Samsung S10 to come out but this seems like a great bang for the buck phone to get right now instead of waiting months and spending much more on.

Newb questions:
1. Is this compatible with Bell?
2. Does it come with a case or several? Some youtube reviews shows a case, others show several, others don't mention it at all.
3. Is it worth getting their extra power adapter or would an old Samsung adapter with any general usb to type c cable suffice?
4. Has previous versions gone on sale during Black Friday since it's around the corner at this point?
Oct 21, 2009
468 posts
271 upvotes
Brampton
maasai wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 8:47 pm
Hi All, just became aware of this phone. Was waiting on the Samsung S10 to come out but this seems like a great bang for the buck phone to get right now instead of waiting months and spending much more on.

Newb questions:
1. Is this compatible with Bell?
2. Does it come with a case or several? Some youtube reviews shows a case, others show several, others don't mention it at all.
3. Is it worth getting their extra power adapter or would an old Samsung adapter with any general usb to type c cable suffice?
4. Has previous versions gone on sale during Black Friday since it's around the corner at this point?
1. I'm sure it's compatible with all major cell providers. They have a compatibility list on the OnePlus site.

2. Comes with a black/clear silicone case with a plastic screen protector pre-installed.

3. It is worth it if you want the dash charge function. It does charge the phone really fast - one of the best in the industry

4. Haven't noticed a black sale before but since it's new I highly doubt it would go on sale
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
19532 posts
1236 upvotes
Risers749 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 5:58 am
No headphone jack really sucks IMO.
Why do people make such a huge deal about this? It comes with an adapter to plug in your headphones. Just use that. Problem solved Face With Rolling Eyes
Jan 13, 2014
946 posts
301 upvotes
Calgary
najibs wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 8:59 pm
Why do people make such a huge deal about this? It comes with an adapter to plug in your headphones. Just use that. Problem solved Face With Rolling Eyes
Easy to lose the adapter, and it doesn't help if you're in a car with only an AUX cable and need to charge your phone at the same time.

(The only two cases I see this being an issue - since I don't drive and I have Bluetooth headphones, it personally doesn't affect me at all.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17140 posts
1459 upvotes
Woodbridge
I don't know who's asking for phones to get thinner that they need to eliminate the headphone Jack.

Like I said this is business move or they're simply running out of ideas.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
May 26, 2007
563 posts
106 upvotes
If anybody an share a referral link it would be greatly appreciated!