Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
OnePlus

OnePlus 6 8gb model $130 off again !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2019 12:51 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1282 posts
1147 upvotes
I can personally forgo the headphone jack. Not a commuter thus Id never need it
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
ProfessorChaos wrote: Great. That must have been fixed in the OP6. On my 3,3T,5 they all had Aeroplane Mode in Canadian and British English while US English had Airplane Mode. It's good to know.

What I was trying to say is, OnePlus should have had someone local in each area Proof the language settings (which apparently they have now).
I mean if it bothered you that much you could've always used English united States instead.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
piggchop wrote: Great phone and exceptional value. Even better with the accessories discount code. I have codes.
You have a free shipping code? I need a screen protector.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5709 posts
2278 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote: I mean if it bothered you that much you could've always used English united States instead.
And then your keyboard will default to US spellings, neither is ideal.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Oct 13, 2018
479 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
lemon07r wrote: Oneplus 6 is very good with bands (the pocophone f1 that I wanted was not, testament to your claim about chinese phones and their poor coverage), pretty much covers all the LTE carriers in Canada except wind/freedom I believe. While wind/freedom isn't fully supported, I still get a constant 50mbps on HSPA+/4G on my LTE plan somehow, thought I was going to need to switch carriers to get anything like 4G but I guess not. The OnePlus 6 covers wayyy more frequencies than most of the chinese phones I compared to when shopping around.
I actually have pocophone as well ,as my work phone. Works fine with LTE tested or Rogers and Koodo .
Jan 9, 2017
122 posts
144 upvotes
TusharN30757 wrote: I actually have pocophone as well ,as my work phone. Works fine with LTE tested or Rogers and Koodo .
Depends on the area you're in. Pocophone only covers half of Fido/Rogers' frequencies and a third of Koodo's last I checked. You will probably get less coverage/speed with the pocophone then you would with a phone with more bands supported.
Oct 13, 2018
479 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
lemon07r wrote: Depends on the area you're in. Pocophone only covers half of Fido/Rogers' frequencies and a third of Koodo's last I checked. You will probably get less coverage/speed with the pocophone then you would with a phone with more bands supported.
Not really . I travel Regina , Saskatoon , Vancouver , Okanagan , winnepeg and Ottawa as part of my work. I get the same reception and speeds as my one plus 6. If you want I can do a side by reception/ internet speed comparison for both phones this weekend . I will be honest with you ,I bought this phone without expecting LTE to work and I was surprised it worked no issues. Surprisingly GPS works better than. One plus 6. However one plus has a better polished interface and AMOLED screen which beats poco. You will be surprised what Xiaomi has done with poco at that price .
Jan 9, 2017
122 posts
144 upvotes
TusharN30757 wrote: Not really . I travel Regina , Saskatoon , Vancouver , Okanagan , winnepeg and Ottawa as part of my work. I get the same reception and speeds as my one plus 6. If you want I can do a side by reception/ internet speed comparison for both phones this weekend . I will be honest with you ,I bought this phone without expecting LTE to work and I was surprised it worked no issues. Surprisingly GPS works better than. One plus 6. However one plus has a better polished interface and AMOLED screen which beats poco. You will be surprised what Xiaomi has done with poco at that price .
I'm surprised too then. I really wanted a pocophone but am basically dependant on having decent data so I was too reluctant and figured it would be worth the extra $60 to get a oneplus 6 instead. It was probably better to go OP6 anyways just for the screen and android mods (currently using viper4android, franco kernel, some other magisk modules and tweaks, makes the OP6 kick serious ass if you care about battery, UX performance and music/audio).
Oct 13, 2018
479 posts
615 upvotes
Vancouver
lemon07r wrote: I'm surprised too then. I really wanted a pocophone but am basically dependant on having decent data so I was too reluctant and figured it would be worth the extra $60 to get a oneplus 6 instead. It was probably better to go OP6 anyways just for the screen and android mods (currently using viper4android, franco kernel, some other magisk modules and tweaks, makes the OP6 kick serious ass if you care about battery, UX performance and music/audio).
Battery life is better on pocophone but DASH charge makes up for it. I don't think so I can have another phone without DASH charge. XDA dev is good for poco , not great though and LCD sucks other than that it's a great phone. I paid $398 and really can't complain when I spent about $900 for one plus 6 ( I bought the 256 model)
Jan 9, 2017
122 posts
144 upvotes
TusharN30757 wrote: Battery life is better on pocophone but DASH charge makes up for it. I don't think so I can have another phone without DASH charge. XDA dev is good for poco , not great though and LCD sucks other than that it's a great phone. I paid $398 and really can't complain when I spent about $900 for one plus 6 ( I bought the 256 model)
The pocophone has a bigger batter but I wouldn't say better battery life in ALL cases.

Pocophone was rated 94h endurance by gsmarena. OnePlus got 76h. But that's without and tweaks or mods. I've doubled my battery life by using Franco kernel, the battery tweaks from Franco kernel manager, and the no limits magisk rom.

Check this out:

Best part is that there's been no noticeable performance hit at all, and that battery us has been pretty much unaffected despite my very liberal use. I also run viper4android for all my audio which does burn more battery than without.

I guess this is all testament to OnePlus 6 just having a great XDA dev community. I haven't rooted a phone since my Nexus 6p so everything that was available to me was very new but quite nice.

The pocophone seems like a steal at the price but I got my OnePlus 6 at only $480 so I really have nothing to complain about.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
lemon07r wrote: Pocophone was rated 94h endurance by gsmarena. OnePlus got 76h. But that's without and tweaks or mods. I've doubled my battery life by using Franco kernel, the battery tweaks from Franco kernel manager, and the no limits magisk rom.
Do you find that Android OS updates are a lot more of a pain with modded software?

I tried rooting my 5x but gave up because anytime I wanted to update anything, I ended up spending hours digging on XDA forums to figure out how to not brick my phone.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11537 posts
1041 upvotes
Ottawa
lemon07r wrote: Oneplus 6 is very good with bands (the pocophone f1 that I wanted was not, testament to your claim about chinese phones and their poor coverage), pretty much covers all the LTE carriers in Canada except wind/freedom I believe. While wind/freedom isn't fully supported, I still get a constant 50mbps on HSPA+/4G on my LTE plan somehow, thought I was going to need to switch carriers to get anything like 4G but I guess not. The OnePlus 6 covers wayyy more frequencies than most of the chinese phones I compared to when shopping around.
Great feedback - lots of the searching I did was on the earlier versions (OP1 / OP2), so I'm guessing they incorporated that feedback. Another example of how a disruptor can help to change the industry!
- Absolute
May 7, 2015
102 posts
179 upvotes
Edmonton
I almost bought a cheap OnePlus 6 via Gear Best about a month ago. The reason I spent a little bit more buying directly from OnePlus.net is support for more bands in Canada (minor issue as most have mentioned), but also a major consideration was warranty support. OnePlus apparently does not do warranty work on any phone that is not bought from their site. To me, spending that extra ~$80 (Gear Best sale price vs OnePlus sale price with student discount added) was worth the piece of mind to get the phone directly from the source.

As far as 6 vs 6t goes, what convinced me to buy the 6 instead of the 6t is the in screen fingerprint reader seemed like it would really annoy me. Plus, it's nice to have a headphone jack the once in a blue moon you'll need it.
Jan 27, 2015
23 posts
70 upvotes
thank you, i ordered the least costly available option (8 + 128). been waiting for this since the stock was over after black friday. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
would have loved to order the one with non shiny back but it wasn't available.

edit- ordered on dec 5, it will only ship by 13th. a bit longer than i anticipated.
Last edited by stilldefunct on Dec 11th, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 9, 2017
122 posts
144 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Do you find that Android OS updates are a lot more of a pain with modded software?

I tried rooting my 5x but gave up because anytime I wanted to update anything, I ended up spending hours digging on XDA forums to figure out how to not brick my phone.
Nope, I rooted, installed magisk and it's manager, flashed the magisk rom (basically no limits is a module for the stock firmware that modifies and tweaks your rom for you, you can update via ota without any issues and still have the magisk rom intact without needing to do anything else), install franco kernel manager, let it flash the kernel for me in a completely automized process and that was that. I can do ota updates just fine. my kernel manager updates my kernel for me hassle free.
nimfomanijak wrote: What about import taxes? This is showing now at ******** https://www.********.com/cell-phones/pp_009356291241.html?wid=1349303
$34.45 exactly for import taxes. Cheaper than regular tax.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
For those that order from GB,

I checked the site and seems teh A6003 model is more expensive than from oneplus....

Are u guys using some discount code or something? lol
Banned
Apr 27, 2014
1327 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lemon07r wrote: Nope, I rooted, installed magisk and it's manager, flashed the magisk rom (basically no limits is a module for the stock firmware that modifies and tweaks your rom for you, you can update via ota without any issues and still have the magisk rom intact without needing to do anything else), install franco kernel manager, let it flash the kernel for me in a completely automized process and that was that. I can do ota updates just fine. my kernel manager updates my kernel for me hassle free.

$34.45 exactly for import taxes. Cheaper than regular tax.
Do you mind showing the steps on an xda thread? Thanks in advance!