• Feb 19th, 2005 12:08 pm
Tags:
None
18 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:How about the hak gwais? or a chas?

Also the trailers they show on tv are crap.
:lol: ....
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
3493 posts
39 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:Also the trailers they show on tv are crap.
They are really promoting this on TV though. They must be pushing for a new international with Jackie and Jet slowing down now.

Tony Jaa is awesome though, but seems like a trickster more than martial artist.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
Why is it in this movie they don't change the title whereas in Infernal Affaris it gets changed to a stupid name "The Deported"?

BTW, this movie's story is so so, but if you're looking for action, you got it :) The multiple angle re-runs is annoying as hell though.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
3493 posts
39 upvotes
plucky duck wrote:Why is it in this movie they don't change the title whereas in Infernal Affaris it gets changed to a stupid name "The Deported"?

BTW, this movie's story is so so, but if you're looking for action, you got it :) The multiple angle re-runs is annoying as hell though.
Because Infernal Affairs is being remaked into "The Departed". Infernal Affairs was released here under Infernal Affairs.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4451 posts
250 upvotes
Some pretty cool videos from the movie, and of Tony Jaa performing various moves.
Check it out.
Ong-Bak Videos
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2002
1736 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
omg this movie was so one-sided.

there was maybe 10 minutes of dialogue in the entire movie, the rest was fighting while running away, or fighting and beating someone down to a bloody pulp!

the storyline was so simple i don't think it'd count as a storyline!

but i have to say the fighting was good.
⬅⬇⬆➡
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18147 upvotes
ONTARIO
spike-spiegel wrote:They are really promoting this on TV though. They must be pushing for a new international with Jackie and Jet slowing down now.

Tony Jaa is awesome though, but seems like a trickster more than martial artist.
Hes into thai kick boxing. A pretty hard core fighting style... so even if he isnt a fancy martial artist, he's as tough as nails.

Most of the worlds toughest and greatest fighters dont utilize any Chinese Martial Arts.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
spike-spiegel wrote:Because Infernal Affairs is being remaked into "The Departed". Infernal Affairs was released here under Infernal Affairs.
Was it ever released in Toronto? I wanted to catch it in theatres, but couldn't find anywhere that played it...
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18714 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know why ppl complain about story line in an action flick... this is an ACTION MOVIE.. and its about the friggen action.. if you wanted to see a good story... go see some Run Away Jury or something geez

[/rant]
JLee wrote:omg this movie was so one-sided.

there was maybe 10 minutes of dialogue in the entire movie, the rest was fighting while running away, or fighting and beating someone down to a bloody pulp!

the storyline was so simple i don't think it'd count as a storyline!

but i have to say the fighting was good.
For Sale:

HEATWARE
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
3097 posts
206 upvotes
British Columbia
M-e-X-x wrote:gonna be enjoying watching the dvd sometime this week :D i'm not a fan of dubs
I just saw the movie in theatres Saturday and it wasn't a DUB. It was in its original language and had English Subtitles.
Nov 3, 2002
956 posts
Manitoba
Just caught it in the theatre last night. Storyline was about what you could expect, but the stunts were incredible. I just hope Hollywood keeps its hands of Jaa for a while - sure the stories are more fleshed out, but the stunts are just never the same when you know they're using cabling and CGI.
"There are two ways to get enough: one is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." - GK Chesterton
Jul 5, 2003
414 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
fighting style...muan thai...seems like Sagat from Street Fighter? :razz:

bad story, but lots of action!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2005
2260 posts
Headhunter wrote:Was it ever released in Toronto? I wanted to catch it in theatres, but couldn't find anywhere that played it...
It premiered at the Film Festival in 2003, and of course I missed all the screenings because I was working at other theatres/venues. http://www.toronto.com/profile/877796/ has a list of theatres that are showing it.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes
did anyone else find that the girl had an annoying voice?
the one who did the hustling with dirty balls haha

(i saw a ogm dvdrip of it and thats what the subs called him)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)