None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7312 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto

Online business promotion ideas

Hi,

I have an online business, I sell electronic devices I design. I am looking to drive sales and also to spread my brand name, I am a very small player in my niche market so any increase in my brand name recognition will likely directly translate into sales.

I just started a free shipping promo, it looks like it is having a tangible impact on my sales, I have only tweeted it to my followers, 26 followers in total. I am planning to do an email campaign tommorow.

In the past I have given out free accessories for a review of my product on forums, that worked out well for me, I have no run that promotion for a long time, I am planning to restart the promotion in about a month.

I am on shopify, there is an app called social rebate, it is a service/program/system that rebates a % of the transaction when the purchaser shares his/her purchase through social networking. Has anyone tried the shopify social rebate thing?

Do you guys have any other ideas and angles?

I was thinking of going ape nuts and allow stacking of promotions, any opinions on this?

With regards to email campaigns, what is the the ballpark campaigns I should run per year, if I run campaigns too often then everyone will just flush my email into the junk folder. I am thinking once every 3 months is acceptable.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
3 replies
Mar 27, 2012
824 posts
251 upvotes
Ontario
If you have some money to spend you can maybe try buying ads through Google Ads, Facebook etc.

Maybe try creating blog content and directing readers to your product.

Also an affiliate program might help.

Try giving away some for free in request that users leave reviews on related forums and websites?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
I'm on shopify and I've seen some of those addons, they seem to be pretty good. Something like that seems like it would fit your niche and could work well for you.
You said the forums worked, then find more forums where you can repeat.
Look into google adwords and using that to reach out to people.
Try contacting bloggers in your niche and offer them one for free to give a review, those work well.

Email campaigns are more effective if you stay in touch and build a relationship with members. However sometimes it just doesn't make sense. You also need tos end them interesting stuff that makes them want to read it and not unsubscribe.
But sending quaterly always creates a problem because people forget about you and wonder who you are and why are you spamming them.
Banned
Jun 9, 2013
36 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
baz5 is right, there's actual research that shows that sending more often actually generates more sales than sending less. So long as you have good content, you should be okay with unsubscribes.

As for driving sales, have you considered working with other retailers? Less margin but you might get more overall sales.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)