Shopping Discussion

Online delivery woes...Plz help!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2010 11:38 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 19, 2007
184 posts
I'm having the same kind of problem too!

Look at this:

On the Canada Post website...

2009/12/16 22:43 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
2009/12/1622:18 International item processed in origin country
2009/12/11 03:31 International item mailed in origin country

On the USPS website...

Your item left the United States from ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 10:43 PM on December 16, 2009. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Brutal. I paid on the 6th and it didn't leave the states till the 16th. And who knows where it is now.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2009
14 posts
hbao12 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2009 12:59 am
I'm having the same kind of problem too!

Look at this:

On the Canada Post website...

2009/12/16 22:43 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
2009/12/1622:18 International item processed in origin country
2009/12/11 03:31 International item mailed in origin country

On the USPS website...

Your item left the United States from ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 10:43 PM on December 16, 2009. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Brutal. I paid on the 6th and it didn't leave the states till the 16th. And who knows where it is now.
Have you tried contacting your seller? I think my item is or both are still in China from what I gather through reading on other people's response. Hopefully it's just the holiday delay.
Feb 19, 2007
184 posts
yeah i have tried to contact the seller but they haven't replied

that is why i opened a claim with paypal

i hope you can still file a dispute with paypal, otherwise it is going to be hard to get a refund from a seller in China
[OP]
Dec 24, 2009
14 posts
hbao12 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2009 7:00 pm
yeah i have tried to contact the seller but they haven't replied

that is why i opened a claim with paypal

i hope you can still file a dispute with paypal, otherwise it is going to be hard to get a refund from a seller in China
I have opened a dispute through paypal but I reached an agreement with the seller to send me another phone instead of refunding me payment. Today the seller refunded me through paypal half the amount after I told them the situation; I'm going to wait for a max one month before full refund.

Just remember to escalate your paypal dispute before 2 months if you still didn't get your item.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9624 posts
2459 upvotes
angywl wrote:
Dec 25th, 2009 11:09 am
Hi all, I have been waiting for way too long for my package to arrive. I am lost as to what are the next steps to take. Here's my story...

I bought a cellphone on ebay through a seller in Hong Kong end of October and I still haven't received it even today. Here's what canadapost said online regarding its status.

2009/10/23 19:16 MISSISSAUGA International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
I am having the exact same problem. My family in Europe sent me a package and it's the same status for 2 weeks now, that it's reviewed by Customs.

How long do they need to review it. I mean common, if it's a problem, they should phone you, not leave the package root for 2 months
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1231 posts
2 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake …
I know that DHL charges and arm and a leg for shipping overseas - but the package will be delivered within 7-10days. I agree two weeks in Can customs is way too long! Did they lay off a bunch of people or what?
[OP]
Dec 24, 2009
14 posts
Wouldn't the custom/canada post notify you if the item were denied? Well the seller today wrote me an email saying that if I still haven't received anything in a week I will be getting a full refund.

How did I manage to bank out on two packages? I am going to contact the seller again to see if they have my address right. This is very frustrating considering this never happened before let alone being it twice.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4269 posts
482 upvotes
Barrys Bay
najibs wrote:
Dec 25th, 2009 11:27 am
I disagree. 2 months is wayyyyy too long. A package doesn't jsut sit in customs for 2 months. OP, have you even called Canada post so they can do a trace on this?
Some couriers try and speed up customs, by sending paper work electronically ahead of item ( UPS does this alot). So what happens in tracking system is its at customs waiting to be cleared even though item not at customs yet. If customs accepts paperwork your item bypasses customs and you get your item even though electronically its said to have sat at customs for a few days when reality not long at all.

If item was shipped via shipping container, and paperwork advanced it the item can still be indead in 2 months just getting to Canada
[OP]
Dec 24, 2009
14 posts
Well the second phone is on the way. According to the CP website the phone just passed customs and is sitting in Richmond postal office. The first phone I have no idea; it still says it's being reviewed by customs so I guess it's either lost or denied.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2009
14 posts
Well finally I got my cellphone today after 3 months of waiting. The first package still says it's being reviewed by customs so I think it's safe to say that it won't reach me at all. I managed to returned half the refund the seller gave me because it wasn't really their fault.

Anyways I hope those who are still waiting get their package soon as well because there was a delay over the holidays for international deliveries.

This problem has been resolved, please lock this thread.