Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 28, 2003
492 posts
27 upvotes
Etobicoke

Online DVD Rental - Moviesforme.ca - DO NOT USE THEM

Hey guys, like all of you who tried out moviesforme.ca, i too have been charged on my cc.

I signed up for the free trial, cancelled the next day - due to all the negative feedback, now they charged me twice $28.70, but refunded only one.

I advise you to stay away from these guys.
Share:
29 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
1339 posts
297 upvotes
Not a hot deal, but ditto for me.

Cancelled well before trial was over. Spoke to someone on the phone to cancel, emailed to confirm that it would be cancelled. Got two emails assuring me that it would be cancelled once my last DVD was returned. DVD arrived, account was not cancelled. Emailed and did Live Help and was told it would be cancelled. In the end I was charged. My account now appears to have been cancelled but no refund so far. :mad:
[OP]
Sep 28, 2003
492 posts
27 upvotes
Etobicoke
There has been alot of complaints about these idiots.
Is there not somewhere we can report them to, like a better internet business bureau or something?
Has anyone ever got their refund?
Dec 26, 2003
773 posts
280 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
awful awful company. Told me they had a "virus" and that was why it wasn't cancelled on time. Do not use them for your own sake.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2941 posts
GVRD
I had to get visa to reverse the charges.

but this topic should be in off topic sect...
the man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will receive either - benjamin franklin
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4388 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
tmleafs26 wrote:Hey guys, like all of you who tried out moviesforme.ca, i too have been charged on my cc.

I signed up for the free trial, cancelled the next day - due to all the negative feedback, now they charged me twice $28.70, but refunded only one.

I advise you to stay away from these guys.
You all thought you could get away with just a 'free' 2 week trial eh? :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1323 posts
295 upvotes
Same thing happened to me too. Horrible company.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23373 posts
1097 upvotes
Markham, ON

...i knew it was too good to be real
Banned
May 31, 2004
170 posts
my coworker uses moviesforme.ca and he has no complaints what so ever. He hasn't tried canceling yet because he has no reason to. Why have you guys cancelled? :?:
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2002
1940 posts
72 upvotes
atomic fire wrote:my coworker uses moviesforme.ca and he has no complaints what so ever. He hasn't tried canceling yet because he has no reason to. Why have you guys cancelled? :?:
probably because they had no intention stay with the service in the first place... :twisted: ..come on it's FREE trial.
Jan 4, 2004
273 posts
68 upvotes
It took 10 days for them to refund my Visa charge.
Jun 13, 2003
190 posts
12 upvotes
I agree 100% these guys are terrible. Zip.ca much better!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1987 posts
8 upvotes
Didn't that website say that Zip.ca lied about what they had in stock?

I've used Moviesforme for about 8 months now, and I don't have too many complaints. They stopped sending out e-mails for when DVDs are shipped, and they take longer to respond to e-mails because they are so popular now, but they're okay.
I've never tried cancelling though, so I wouldn't know if that's easy or hard.

But, if you guys are just abusing the 2 week thing, and signing up with no intention of staying on, then well... not much sympathy here...

(It's almost like that guy giving away those Poker Chips... he got screwed because people abused it. <shrugs> )
Jan 4, 2004
273 posts
68 upvotes
I joined up earlier in the year and service/turn around time was great. But for the past few months it would take days for them to send out movies after they show up as returned on the website. I usually end up having to call them to ask what's up. They say "hmmm not sure" but they'd give you extra dvds to compensate which is fair I suppose. But then again I wouldn't want to be calling everytime to crack the whip on them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)