Shopping Discussion

Online ordering for boxing day deals - In store pickup?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2008 6:35 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5084 posts
290 upvotes
Markham

Online ordering for boxing day deals - In store pickup?

Just wondering if anyone on here has ordered from futureshop/best buy boxing day deals and if they have in store pickup available for orders. I'd like to order some of the 39.99 video games from best buy on christmas eve and pick them up from best buy on boxing day, but not in the morning, lol.

Anyone know if they still do in store pickup during the boxing day rush?
10 replies
Nov 7, 2008
31 posts
4 upvotes
LaSalle
No, Best Buy and Future Shop do not do in-store pickup orders for Boxing Day sales. However, I believe you can do them on the 27th. Of course, if you wait until the 27th, the stores might be sold out.
Dec 31, 1969
TheWrestlingGod wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 1:39 pm
No, Best Buy and Future Shop do not do in-store pickup orders for Boxing Day sales. However, I believe you can do them on the 27th. Of course, if you wait until the 27th, the stores might be sold out.
I'm pretty sure it last a week. :confused: Or maybe not.. :confused:
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
2798 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
adeel wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 1:30 pm
Just wondering if anyone on here has ordered from futureshop/best buy boxing day deals and if they have in store pickup available for orders. I'd like to order some of the 39.99 video games from best buy on christmas eve and pick them up from best buy on boxing day, but not in the morning, lol.

Anyone know if they still do in store pickup during the boxing day rush?
As I recall, ISPU was cancelled a few weeks ago until Jan 5th at both FS/BB. It will certainly not be available for BD specials, and has not been for several years now as it is usually cancelled about a week before BD.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11238 posts
1136 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Aren't the store inventory icons all Imageed out during the sale week?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
No Instore Pickup during Boxing Day Event @ BB & FS (there are exceptions) - this is their policy. Also, since earlier this year, both companies do not allow "ISPU" for "1 Day Sales" or "Online Special Promos". One reason is because both retails no longer provides Free Shipping (and only recently harmonized Online vs. In-Store pricing).
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2003
1603 posts
138 upvotes
Hampton
Last year the no ispu policy stretched into the new year at BB and FS - they want you to pay their marked up shipping fees - now they have started charging for shipping they have become addicted to the profits it generates - I think somebody from ebay must have tipped them off :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
5958 posts
654 upvotes
Mississauga
probably not, they'll disable it like they have with previous F&F sales
Mar 10, 2006
123 posts
Scarborough
If I order on Dec. 24, will I receive by Jan. 3rd?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5084 posts
290 upvotes
Markham
This being the case, if i pick up a copy of Call of Duty at $60 today, can I price match it during the boxing week sale? It's not a door crasher nor is it limited quantity or anything of the sort.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11238 posts
1136 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> This being the case, if i pick up a copy of Call of Duty at $60 today, can I price match it during the boxing week sale? It's not a door crasher nor is it limited quantity or anything of the sort.

If you can't, you can always buy it again at the lower price and return it with the higher price receipt when the craziness is over (but still within the refund period ... 30 days?).