• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2017 11:11 pm
[OP]
Jan 13, 2002
378 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto

Online Quicken Like Software in Canada?

I'm looking for an online financial management tool, similar to desktop Quicken, that allows me to keep track of bank accounts, credit cards, etc and can be accessed online. Doesn't have to access my bank accounts, manual entry is fine.

Paid (inexpensive) or free.

So far I've looked at mint.com, budgetplanner, both lacking, look nothing like Quicken.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1133 posts
305 upvotes
Haven't tried it but there is moneydance.
The subscription model for quicken sucks. They will lose all their customers.
Feb 24, 2017
55 posts
16 upvotes
What kind do of features in quicken are you looking for that the ones you checked don't offer?
[OP]
Jan 13, 2002
378 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
wadesj wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 3:30 am
What kind do of features in quicken are you looking for that the ones you checked don't offer?
Ones that sync to either Android or web.
Feb 24, 2017
55 posts
16 upvotes
Mint is online and has an android app.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2002
378 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
wadesj wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 2:25 pm
Mint is online and has an android app.
I also like the 'chequebook' like style of Quicken in terms of manual entry of transactions, I don't think Mint
had that.
Sep 19, 2004
174 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton
Any luck tracking an alternative down? Based on Quickens new subscription model, I figure I better find an alternative sooner rather then later.
Dec 21, 2007
570 posts
133 upvotes
Scarborough
Doesn't Mint still require you to hand over your actual banking usernames and passwords? That's something I'd never do...and also invalidates any insurance banks give regarding their online systems (as you are not allowed to share the credentials with a third party or other individual).
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1133 posts
305 upvotes
Ohmsford wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 2:40 pm
Any luck tracking an alternative down? Based on Quickens new subscription model, I figure I better find an alternative sooner rather then later.
From what I understand as long as you are on pre 2017 quicken, you can Continue to enter data manually
Sep 19, 2004
174 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton
wra45mon wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:08 pm
From what I understand as long as you are on pre 2017 quicken, you can Continue to enter data manually
I've got Quicken 2016, so hopefully that remains to be the case, even with the latest update that has switch everything over to a Quicken ID.

Would you be able to clarify "enter data manually"? I've always had to update by going to each banks website and downloading the quicken file for each account separately, pretty sure thats the only way the Canadian version works. When it reverts to entering it manually, every single transaction has to be done one at a time then? Absolutely zero import functions would work to speed it up, even a .csv file?