• Oct 18th, 2015 10:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22980 posts
7992 upvotes
Toronto
I am sure these parking enforcement guys make is on the sunshine list, making well over $100K a year.

Top Toronto guy made $130K in 2014.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2419 posts
172 upvotes
How do you get a ticket reduced if you are 100% guilty?

"Hi, I completely deserved this ticket but I don't want to pay the full fine."
"Okey dokey."

That sounds so wrong lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3879 posts
1410 upvotes
Mississauga
jswift79 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 1:40 pm
atleast it's not in the winter. Parking Control will tow all the cars in the middle of night on bus routes, school zones, or whenever snow plow operators complain that they cant do their job properly
As they should. I understand if you're in an area with limited off-street parking but if you're in the burbs with a two car driveway and garage you should be parking there, not on the road.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
8957 posts
2038 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 11:47 am
so why cant you park overnight on the street, is this some weird Ontario parking law? what do people do without driveways and garages?
This. What do you do if you don't have a garage? or live in a townhouse style with no garage and the only place is on the street?
Banned
Nov 2, 2014
25 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
booblehead wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 3:43 pm
I am sure these parking enforcement guys make is on the sunshine list, making well over $100K a year.

Top Toronto guy made $130K in 2014.
Not surprising since the city is really good with ticketing and especially with the push to ticket cars that block streets during rush hour

They bring in so much revenue for the city...probably at least 50x-100x revenue per hour than their pay
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
3515 posts
970 upvotes
markham
umop wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 4:08 pm
How do you get a ticket reduced if you are 100% guilty?

"Hi, I completely deserved this ticket but I don't want to pay the full fine."
"Okey dokey."

That sounds so wrong lol.
"hi sir, yes i realize i was parked on the street..we had a late party and i forgot/fell asleep"

$50 fine--- " is $30 ok? ..you need 60 days to pay?" "Thank you have a nice day!"
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2419 posts
172 upvotes
cardguy wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 9:14 pm
"hi sir, yes i realize i was parked on the street..we had a late party and i forgot/fell asleep"

$50 fine--- " is $30 ok? ..you need 60 days to pay?" "Thank you have a nice day!"
They don't know if you're telling the truth though.

That's all it takes, "I forgot"?

Seems too easy.

I don't even know why it would warrant a reduction in the first place. Saying you forgot is saying you're guilty. You just admitted it!
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
3515 posts
970 upvotes
markham
umop wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 9:56 pm
They don't know if you're telling the truth though.

That's all it takes, "I forgot"?

Seems too easy.

I don't even know why it would warrant a reduction in the first place. Saying you forgot is saying you're guilty. You just admitted it!
ypu can question what i say or just pay...but thats what i do...about 6 times now...no biggie on the towns part...what part don't you get?...or you don't get out much?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2419 posts
172 upvotes
cardguy wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 10:05 pm
ypu can question what i say or just pay...but thats what i do...about 6 times now...no biggie on the towns part...what part don't you get?...or you don't get out much?
I don't mean to attack or criticize you, I'm just curious about the process because why would admitting guilt result in a reduced fine?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
3515 posts
970 upvotes
markham
umop wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 10:12 pm
I don't mean to attack or criticize you, I'm just curious about the process because why would admitting guilt result in a reduced fine?
"guilty with an explanation"...i thinks its option 3 on most tickets...you general get a reduced fine
Jul 4, 2009
178 posts
49 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Oct 18th, 2015 11:47 am
so why cant you park overnight on the street, is this some weird Ontario parking law? what do people do without driveways and garages?
Yes, exactly. To discourage people from turning their suburban homes into rooming houses - one of the reasons. And to ensure, in downtown neighbourhoods, that people with overnight parking passes have a spot to park.

I was blown away visiting NYC on a roadtrip to learn that in their 'burbs you could park all night on the street. A revelation. Just had to look out instead for their street sweeping days when the side of the street had to be cleared.