Personal Finance

ONT ONLY - microFIT solar panel program: 10-14% return for 20 yrs * FAT LADY HAS SUNG

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 6:05 pm
Aug 31, 2015
142 posts
28 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
wayner9 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 8:36 pm
Anyone else here have microFIT with Toronto Hydro. I realized that I haven't received a cheque in a while. I logged into my online Toronto Hydro account and the last "bill" that it shows is data June 26. I wonder if they are having problems? Anyone else having issues?
In my instance it appears that in May Toronto Hydro came and changed my meter - I am assuming that this is my generation meter. They didn't set up the new meter properly into my account.
Nov 29, 2011
161 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
wayner9 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 2:20 pm
In my instance it appears that in May Toronto Hydro came and changed my meter - I am assuming that this is my generation meter. They didn't set up the new meter properly into my account.
They changed everyones generation meters in the spring. I think that they also changed to paying every 2 months. Maybe your last cheque was lost in the mail. You can call them and they will straighten it all out for you.
Aug 31, 2015
142 posts
28 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Frankdee wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 3:20 pm
They changed everyones generation meters in the spring. I think that they also changed to paying every 2 months. Maybe your last cheque was lost in the mail. You can call them and they will straighten it all out for you.
I did call (or email) them. That's why I found out about the meters. I wonder if they will pay me 1.5% interest per month - just like they charge on overdue accounts. They are overdue from my perspective Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Aug 31, 2015
142 posts
28 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Frankdee wrote:
Sep 17th, 2017 8:38 am
September is shaping up to be the best September in years. The sun is shinning every day this month and the next week will be awsome. My system will top the last 2 Septembers by the end of this week. Might even top August and July by the end of the month.
This was the best of the three September that my system was active as I produced about 1.24 GWh - vs about 1.2 in each of the last two years. So about 3% better than the last two years. Far better than early in the summer when production was more than 20% below last year.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41604 posts
10236 upvotes
My fourth best was September at 1.35 MWh with August and June at 1.4 and July at 1.43 .

Hopefully October will have plenty of sunshine. :)
Feb 8, 2011
103 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
its now 142 pages ...i finally got my application through. i filled myself. Now it says "pending LDC offer to connect"
i check Energy+ website but could not locate the form anywhere to apply. ""Pending LDC Offer to Connect" you must submit a Connection Request to us by filling out the Micro-Embedded Generation Application Form, Part 1" i am unable to locate this form 1 anywhere.

Also, can some one please guide me who can give me two or three quote in KW area. Before i run out my 30 days to apply for LDC.
what is the best brand or setup i should go with ....i read many pages but it become more confusing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10441 posts
1905 upvotes
Kingston
yorkhvac wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 9:13 pm
its now 142 pages ...i finally got my application through. i filled myself. Now it says "pending LDC offer to connect"
i check Energy+ website but could not locate the form anywhere to apply. ""Pending LDC Offer to Connect" you must submit a Connection Request to us by filling out the Micro-Embedded Generation Application Form, Part 1" i am unable to locate this form 1 anywhere.

Also, can some one please guide me who can give me two or three quote in KW area. Before i run out my 30 days to apply for LDC.
what is the best brand or setup i should go with ....i read many pages but it become more confusing.
Here you go:
https://www.energyplus.ca/en/myhome/res ... cation.pdf

Call Arcadia Projects for a quote.
Feb 8, 2011
103 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
got quote for $24K for 33x300watt and solar edge inverter with optimizer ...makes sense?
Feb 8, 2011
103 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
JWL wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 7:50 pm
If it is from a reputable installer that sounds very good. Who is it from ?
solar dynamic, is there a room to negotiate ?
Nov 27, 2003
179 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I recently received a contract with Polaron Solartech Corporation in Toronto. Has anyone heard of Polaron before? The panel cost is $27,300 + HST for $0.288 per kWh. I'm unsure if it's worth the "investment". Primarily because I don't think the house I'm living in will be my "forever" house and I don't know how panels are viewed when you're selling. Does anyone have an opinion on this, the company, or the price?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10441 posts
1905 upvotes
Kingston
orion_pax wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 7:40 pm
I recently received a contract with Polaron Solartech Corporation in Toronto. Has anyone heard of Polaron before? The panel cost is $27,300 + HST for $0.288 per kWh. I'm unsure if it's worth the "investment". Primarily because I don't think the house I'm living in will be my "forever" house and I don't know how panels are viewed when you're selling. Does anyone have an opinion on this, the company, or the price?
Others in this thread have indicated you should be able to get a better price in Toronto, but even with a lower price you'd be taking a big risk on how much value you'd get from the panels when re-selling your house. So far there isn't evidence that buyers would pay for the value of the panels let alone the value of the microFIT contract.