• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2017 12:51 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7181 posts
233 upvotes
burnt69 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 7:36 pm
The government forcing it to be expensive of course will keep most of the actual output in the hands of organized crime. The Ontario government is being incredibly stupid here. Marihuana is a product that costs about the same as raspberries to produce, pennies and dimes per gram. Did the Wynne government actually survey real consumers of cannabis to determine what they wanted, or did they just listen to their union buddies at the LCBO?
Just wait until everything has passed and see the specifics. If you cant afford to smoke then maybe you can grow it. Ontario Liberals are wrong for keeping it LCBO exclusive but we will see. It is not even legal yet and liberal trashing have already started. Keep in mind they are the ones who had the actual SPINE to legalize it.

Wait until everything is already done. Any issues with pricing should be addressed when its actually in practice.

The whining is just getting out of hand. Its not even election time.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28221 posts
4202 upvotes
Ottawa
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 8:57 pm
Even in Colorado and Washington it's not 100% legal, as it's still illegal under federal law.
Well, technically, you are correct but, since federal laws are not being enforced, I would still say "that Colorado and Washington are the first to legalize it so, using them as examples is a good idea for Ontario.".
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1004 posts
768 upvotes
When I come back to Ontario if someone puffs into my face or a neighbor in the condo is smoking up be prepared to get punched in the face.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28221 posts
4202 upvotes
Ottawa
BiegeToyota wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:45 am
When I come back to Ontario if someone puffs into my face or a neighbor in the condo is smoking up be prepared to get punched in the face.
It will be legal to smoke anywhere that you can smoke cigarettes so.....get your boxing gloves on :)
May 22, 2017
76 posts
34 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:54 am
It will be legal to smoke anywhere that you can smoke cigarettes so.....get your boxing gloves on :)
that's wrong, unfortunate RFD hockey coach doesn't care to read. it can only be consumed in "private residence".
But it is a big problem for condo owner, where they are very unlikely to enforce by-law, if any to prohibit the use.
Last edited by modelerIII on Sep 11th, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2017
76 posts
34 upvotes
It is a drug, I am sure when longer impact happen to the brain, the more VOTE gonna made to Liberal.

Effects on the brain

The long-term effects of cannabis on the brain can include an increased risk of addiction and harm to your:

memory
concentration
intelligence (IQ)
ability to think and make decisions

LOL for those syndrome, is that some make our prime minister as he is?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28221 posts
4202 upvotes
Ottawa
modelerIII wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 11:48 am
that's wrong, unfortunate RFD hockey coach doesn't care to read. it can only be consumed in "private residence".
But it is a big problem for condo owner, where they are very unlikely to enforce by-law, if any to prohibit the use.
I think the comprehension fail is yours. You, in fact, are very wrong.

From the news release and newspaper article "“Cannabis will remain a carefully controlled substance in Ontario,” Sousa promised. It’ll be covered by the restrictions that apply to tobacco, plus the restrictions that apply to alcohol."
http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/09/08/ree ... ps-by-2020

Not a hockey coach and I do know how to read.....can you :)

modelerIII wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 11:51 am
It is a drug, I am sure when longer impact happen to the brain, the more VOTE gonna made to Liberal.

Effects on the brain

The long-term effects of cannabis on the brain can include an increased risk of addiction and harm to your:

memory
concentration
intelligence (IQ)
ability to think and make decisions

LOL for those syndrome, is that some make our prime minister as he is?
Just like the other legal products like alcohol and to a certain extent tobacco?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4166 posts
1167 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Would "the restrictions that apply to alcohol" not include the restrictions on "open containers" in a public place? That would need to be clarified, but it could theoretically prohibit cannabis consumption other than private property, and prohibit in-vehicle consumption, even while parked.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1401 posts
741 upvotes
If the Govt legalizes something, then I don't have a problem with it (will of the people, and all that).

But I am always concerned with regulation, and how Cdns & Consumers are protected (users & non users)

That can include everything from production, quality assurance, as well as making things as safe as possible for the Consumer, or effectively letting them know of side effects, and other concerns (in the case of Marijuanna, like any other drug... This would be for BOTH Medical or Recreational use)

Beyond, all that I beleve that for the "average Cdn" the biggest concern is going to be how Being Impaired will be addressed... Much in the same way Alcohol is managed.
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
437 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 3:40 pm

Beyond, all that I beleve that for the "average Cdn" the biggest concern is going to be how Being Impaired will be addressed... Much in the same way Alcohol is managed.
You ever seen the movie "Driving Miss Daisy"?
It's like that
May 22, 2017
76 posts
34 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 2:13 pm
I think the comprehension fail is yours. You, in fact, are very wrong.

From the news release and newspaper article "“Cannabis will remain a carefully controlled substance in Ontario,” Sousa promised. It’ll be covered by the restrictions that apply to tobacco, plus the restrictions that apply to alcohol."
http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/09/08/ree ... ps-by-2020

Not a hockey coach and I do know how to read.....can you :)

Just like the other legal products like alcohol and to a certain extent tobacco?
Friday announcement, f.y.i.
http://globalnews.ca/video/3728105/cann ... es-for-now
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28221 posts
4202 upvotes
Ottawa
modelerIII wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 4:02 pm
Friday announcement, f.y.i.
http://globalnews.ca/video/3728105/cann ... es-for-now
Read the link Dude, the global news snippet is not the entire press conference. You can read, can't you? :rolleyes:
"
“Cannabis will remain a carefully controlled substance in Ontario,” Sousa promised. It’ll be covered by the restrictions that apply to tobacco, plus the restrictions that apply to alcohol. "
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4166 posts
1167 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Pete_Coach wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 4:35 pm
Read the link Dude, the global news snippet is not the entire press conference. You can read, can't you? :rolleyes:
"
“Cannabis will remain a carefully controlled substance in Ontario,” Sousa promised. It’ll be covered by the restrictions that apply to tobacco, plus the restrictions that apply to alcohol. "
You can read, can't you?

https://news.ontario.ca/mag/en/2017/09/ ... nabis.html
Where Cannabis Can Be Used

Under Ontario's proposed approach, it would only be legal to use recreational cannabis in private residences. People would not be allowed to consume any form of recreational cannabis in public places, workplaces or when inside a motor vehicle.
As you say, these are the restrictions that apply to alcohol. You can't drink in public (i.e. not at a licensed establishment or private residence), at work, or inside a car.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7181 posts
233 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 4:35 pm
"
You missed the last part.
plus the restrictions that apply to alcohol.
It means it will be treated like Tobacco AND Alcohol..
I can't imagine peeps in Ontario's far north growing their personal-use cannabis crop from seeds (available on the market) and cheap artificial lighting (fluorescent or led) for an all-year-round growing season

What do you mean?. People grow indoor during winter time.
Another issue still unaddressed publicly is impaired driving, unlike alcohol marijuana intoxication levels can't be measured on spot
That is true but breathalyzer arent that precise either. Its simply an estimation. People are already smoking while driving BTW.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1967 posts
430 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
'War on Drugs' propaganda remains strewn about in this thread. I had to check the timestamps after a few comments to make sure I was in the right era. Check the stats on marijuana harm, it's next to 0.

As for the government making yet another monopoly, way to ruin everything good about legalization. That is, a new billion dollar industry with job creation and product innovation, the elimination of black markets, freedom of choice, free economy. The taxation for marijuana should also be lower than tobacco or alcohol because it creates much less of a strain on our society/health care resources.