• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2017 12:51 am
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3999 posts
572 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 5:03 pm
its gonna stink everywhere......worst decision ever to legalize this crap.
Yes, I foresee clouds of weed smoke so thick they are going to block the sun and trigger the vampire apocalypse.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2416 posts
552 upvotes
Montreal
Same thing was just announced in Quebec.

The minimum legal age to buy cannabis will be set at 18 years of age, it'll be sold at the SAQ (same as LCBO) and the cost will be approximately 7-8$ per gram.
Jan 18, 2007
177 posts
18 upvotes
Have they announced yet which LP's products will be listed? Will there be access online to buy all strains available from all LP's? I read NB has a wholesale deal with 2 LP's but not sure if that's all they'll have access to or not.
Jul 5, 2004
22211 posts
2100 upvotes
The government will not be able to shut down the illegal pot stores. They might have some luck in Toronto, but the pot stores on reserves will live on. The "Warriors" as they call themselves, on the reserve not far from where I live, have already stated that they will shut down the 401 if the government tries to shut down their pot stores (I believe they have about 20 now on the reserve). There's almost no enforcement of non-violence related laws on reserves and it's not about to start now.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Jun 5, 2017
130 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 8:43 pm
Wow the time has come...
Terrible plan by the ont. govt. but its a step towards the movement

Enjoy the beautiful flowers god has given us :)

mother nature gave us marijuana, nothing else.
Jun 5, 2017
130 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
a dollar per ounce is total BS.....the feds need to tax less and delegate more power and money to the provinces who understand the needs of people more. its like a power struggle within our own country.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29068 posts
994 upvotes
Fernando Po
tk1000 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:22 pm
Ontario pushes for bigger cut of federal pot tax on back of strong expected demand
Ontario expects the country to reap significant revenue from the sale of legalized marijuana, and wants a bigger slice of the tax windfall

http://business.financialpost.com/commo ... een-strong
Going to help the independent (illegal) dealers stay afloat (expect pretty much the same as when govts overtax cigarettes).
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1508 posts
193 upvotes
Markham
What is it with this Wyne government’s love of the LCBO. CUT THEM LOOSE AND PROMOTE THE FREE ENTERPRISE SYSTEM. God she just doesn’t get it.
Now that the pot is going to be taxed and run through the LCBO system, is it really going to move the control from organized crime? Hardly.
And now that John Tory see tax revenue dollar signs as well, the black market will prevail and good for them.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1508 posts
193 upvotes
Markham
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 12:39 am
You just lack imagination, I know who the Ontario gov needs on the job:

"You touch me with that pot smoke..."
I wonder what ever happened to that village idiot officer bubbles.
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1514 posts
58 upvotes
PCUSER wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:12 pm
What is it with this Wyne government’s love of the LCBO. CUT THEM LOOSE AND PROMOTE THE FREE ENTERPRISE SYSTEM. God she just doesn’t get it.
Now that the pot is going to be taxed and run through the LCBO system, is it really going to move the control from organized crime? Hardly.
And now that John Tory see tax revenue dollar signs as well, the black market will prevail and good for them.
It's the unions that Wynne is targeting this to.
Gotta protect the voter base and union support.
Nov 8, 2017
86 posts
12 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
As someone who is not really interested in pot, and someone who isn't thrilled at this government, I can say they haven't done a terrible job at implementing a pot policy. Pot isn't like hamburgers or even coffee, its a substance that ultimately is a mind altering drug. Smoking it is just as dangerous as cigarettes for generating lung cancer, yet listening to potheads they have lots of erroneous comments like it protects you against lung cancer. LOL Anyway, I don't think having a boatload of investors and entrepreneurs trying to get rich off of its a good idea. And while I think the revenues from pot will not amount to much, its better to get some revenue this way and pay for the bloated pensions and payouts with self-financing of the CCBO or whatever it will be called than to see people get rich off trading drugs in the private market.

A lot of people are making lots of unqualified statements. The first knee jerk reaction among people who stand to make a lot of money should it have been totally privatized is that having a CCBO will 'keep the black market alive'. I have another prediction... People will be too lazy to bother with black market pot when you can order it legally online. Pot smokers are fundamentally some of the laziest people I know. Its hard to communicate to them that they run around smelling like skunks when they can't even think clearly.