• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2017 11:52 am
[OP]
Jan 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes

Ontario Diagnostic Medical Sonography - 2017

Hello everyone,

I am starting this thread to see if there are other applicants in this forum who have applied to DMS programs for fall 2017.

I have applied to DMS program at Cambrian, St. Clair and Michener. And based on the information I've, I could say that Cambrian will start sending offer starting around March.
For St. Clair, the HOAE deadline is in March. And I observed that since the last couple of years, applicants started getting offers around March 3rd week. And Michener sends out the interview(MMI) calls in mid-April.

I wrote my HOAE in Jan and waiting for percentile update to show up. I talked to St. Clair, and they told me that last year cut off was around 87%.

I hope some of you applicants would like to share your information. :)
7 replies
Apr 2, 2008
58 posts
3 upvotes
London
Have you heard anything for Cambrian? I am a short way up the waitlist. I had emailed them and they told me where I was. I also applied to St Clair and just wrote the HOAE. Just curious as to your first choice. I was accepted into McMaster.
[OP]
Jan 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
Hi,

I have received my acceptance from Cambrian. I am waiting for St. Clair and Michener. Michener is my first choice because it has a two-year program. And St. Clair is the second option.
May I ask your waitlist number at Cambrian? Wish you all the best.
Apr 2, 2008
58 posts
3 upvotes
London
nutella2017 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 10:04 am
Hi,

I have received my acceptance from Cambrian. I am waiting for St. Clair and Michener. Michener is my first choice because it has a two-year program. And St. Clair is the second option.
May I ask your waitlist number at Cambrian? Wish you all the best.
I was told I am #10 on waitlist.

On the St Clair link you indicated your HOAE scores had "a percentile total will be around 87%. (I used PR range of this forum)" Did you just average each of the categories in the PR column of the results to get that?
Thanks
[OP]
Jan 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
I compared my score with the score obtained in last two years. And assuming that the results are similar each year (I know it's not correct method because your score is standardized with all the participants.), I calculated my probable PR using past scores. The real PR will be different because it's a guess in the end. I had good enough time until the actual PR show up, so I predicted the range where will I stand with my score.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
And I added 50% of it to my 50% of high school grades. That's how I got 87%.
I think you will get acceptance from Cambrian.
Is St. Clair your first choice?
Apr 2, 2008
58 posts
3 upvotes
London
nutella2017 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 10:21 pm
I compared my score with the score obtained in last two years. And assuming that the results are similar each year (I know it's not correct method because your score is standardized with all the participants.), I calculated my probable PR using past scores. The real PR will be different because it's a guess in the end. I had good enough time until the actual PR show up, so I predicted the range where will I stand with my score.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
And I added 50% of it to my 50% of high school grades. That's how I got 87%.
I think you will get acceptance from Cambrian.
Is St. Clair your first choice?
I'm not sure if I will get an offer from St. Clair. I actually haven't had much of a chance to review either campus. I'm sure they will both be good options should they be available to me. Good luck to you.
Mar 23, 2017
2 posts
Is it 87% for the HOAE test itself or average of both high school and the test?
[OP]
Jan 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
It was total of both HOAE and high school scores (50% each).
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel