Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Ontario] Electronic Box 30 MBps internet - 1 TB data - $30 per month (first 6months)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2016 10:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
IMJaemes wrote: Talked to a supervisor just now from Acanac, nothing can be done on their end.
5-7 days prior to my end of service they'll be able to provide a code, which doesn't really help.
I guess it's gg for me?

Anyways, hopefully the ccts will be able to help me some way.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me with Acanac not being able to get a code 15-20 days before their service ends?
Simply advise an EBOX agent that Acanac will not do it and ask for a supervisor. He will talk to you about what options you have (perhaps a new installation at half the price or something)
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
pipolchap wrote: Can't ebox act in good faith that the cancellation will occur and prepare for installation? Thank goodness switching over from Rogers was not as complicated. Code was not required.
That's not how it works. This is not a cancellation, but a disconnection, it is different. With a disconnection, another provider can request to "reconnect" it through them. This saves the new provider a good 50$ or something of the sort as it is treated as a transfer instead (on Rogers end there is very little work involved for a transfer).

By doing a new install, the new provider has to pay the cost of a new installation ~64$ to Rogers instead of the 16$ transfer fee. Another fun fact, while they don't charge you to change plans, it does cost them 5$ per change
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
I also forgot to mention, VMedia is known to have slow disconnection requests, Acanac is known to refuse, and I remember back then, Distributel customers had a hard time though idk if this is still true. Good companies like Teksavvy and Start.ca have 0 problems, Rogers never has a problem either. The confirmation number thing has been implemented to speed up the process and avoid being refused, however I believe it is not NEEDED as long as the old provider has done the disconnection request
Nov 12, 2013
29 posts
Toronto
n-ster wrote: I also forgot to mention, VMedia is known to have slow disconnection requests, Acanac is known to refuse, and I remember back then, Distributel customers had a hard time though idk if this is still true. Good companies like Teksavvy and Start.ca have 0 problems, Rogers never has a problem either. The confirmation number thing has been implemented to speed up the process and avoid being refused, however I believe it is not NEEDED as long as the old provider has done the disconnection request
Thanks n-ster.
I've been in contact with ccts and it's going through a process, it'll probably take too long though.
I also contacted ebox to see what else they can do, haven't gotten a reply yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
pipolchap wrote: ^^^

Agreed! Thanks for the correction in terminology. I got mixed up with the words.
You know what's funny? I had forgotten to remove old information in the e-mails I would send for the instructions on how to sign up. Someone showed me your e-mails to them, and low and behold, there was the same, old, information that hasn't applied for a long while now!

If you are going to do groups, don't copy my words and methods. Make your own, actually understand the process. You're no good to them if you can't help them resolve issues or understand what options are available to them. Looks like your only motivation is to get referrals and get some money out of that!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
n-ster wrote: Someone showed me your e-mails...
Thanks for the feedback, and thank that "someone" for me as well. Please tell that "someone" don't sabotage future group buys of mine, it just wastes everyone's time.

I went through my instructions and it seemed accurate. Can you share with me what was wrong?

BTW, free installation for Rogers customers still on. Pm or email me at RFD.ebox@gmail.com to join a group!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
pipolchap wrote: Thanks for the feedback, and thank that "someone" for me as well. Please tell that "someone" don't sabotage future group buys of mine, it just wastes everyone's time.
You're accusing me of trying to sabotage your groups?!?
pipolchap wrote: BTW, free installation for Rogers customers still on. Pm or email me at RFD.ebox@gmail.com to join a group!
This is the ongoing deal forum, you're not supposed to blatantly advertise group buys here. Between my signature, your signature and and the rest of the posts, I think they can figure out how to contact us
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
omegadivide wrote: Anyone else having issues in north york ?
I'm actually in North York. Everything seems normal. Mind you, I wasn't this internet at 5:30pm. Just got on around now.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1104 posts
149 upvotes
2 of my friends joining Ebox. Looking to join a group buy for the $2 savings, or 2 persons can join my group. Please PM me!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
innacana wrote: 2 of my friends joining Ebox. Looking to join a group buy for the $2 savings, or 2 persons can join my group. Please PM me!
Your inbox is full. Please email me rfd.ebox@gmail.com and we can work something out. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
innacana wrote: 2 of my friends joining Ebox. Looking to join a group buy for the $2 savings, or 2 persons can join my group. Please PM me!
You can e-mail rfdgroupbuy@gmail.com or provide me with your e-mail address or phone number so I can provide you with all the info you need

It's usually easier to just contact the group organizer, in my case at the e-mail above or PM, in pipolchap's case at his e-mail, so that we can respond to you ASAP. Just to be clear, we both run 2 separate group buys
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
does an CGN2 work with eBox? is the 2 dollar discount forever? even after the 6 months?
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
kangarooz wrote: does an CGN2 work with eBox? is the 2 dollar discount forever? even after the 6 months?
No, it is not in the approved list of modems. The 2$ is for life, even after 6 months
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2961 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey n-ster! Been with EBox since last May I believe through you and RFD, reaching that 1 year milestone and very happy with the results. Reliable and excellent customer service.

We signed up back when the 25mbps/1TB promo was available with a $2 group guy. We're thinking of upgrading and making the jump to either 30mbps/1TB promo or the regular 60mbps. Couple of questions tho

1) Would we lose the $2 group buy discount when making the switch and would be required to sign up with a new group again or does that $2 discount stay regardless of what plan we switch to?

2) In pg 5, Corezz says that usage meter is disabled. Is that still the case? If so, we would get the 60mbps/350gb instead of the 1TB bandwidth as it would be the same?

3) When switching plans as an existing customer, are there any extra fees to be aware of (activation fee, own modem fee etc)? or would the switch happen normally?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
blackston3 wrote: Hey n-ster! Been with EBox since last May I believe through you and RFD, reaching that 1 year milestone and very happy with the results. Reliable and excellent customer service.

We signed up back when the 25mbps/1TB promo was available with a $2 group guy. We're thinking of upgrading and making the jump to either 30mbps/1TB promo or the regular 60mbps. Couple of questions tho

1) Would we lose the $2 group buy discount when making the switch and would be required to sign up with a new group again or does that $2 discount stay regardless of what plan we switch to?
$2 discount stays on your account, for life.
blackston3 wrote: 2) In pg 5, Corezz says that usage meter is disabled. Is that still the case? If so, we would get the 60mbps/350gb instead of the 1TB bandwidth as it would be the same?
Usage meter is working now.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r299378 ... Functional
blackston3 wrote: 3) When switching plans as an existing customer, are there any extra fees to be aware of (activation fee, own modem fee etc)? or would the switch happen normally?
No change fees! :)
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
1) The -2$ group buy discount is for life
2) The usage meter has recently been fixed and has been active since April 1st I believe
3) No extra fees, switching plans is easy. You do have to be aware of the advance notice you have to give. You have to ask for the switch before the 6th of the previous month. Example: you ask the switch on June 5th, the switch is effective at the earliest for July 1st, if you ask on June 8th, the switch won't be in effect until August 1st

There is another gotcha, if you have an older modem, no matter which plan you switch to, you'll have to switch to a DOCSIS 3.0 8x4 modem. What modem do you have?

Switching plans is not like signing up, it's really easy. They just switch your profile to the one you ask for.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Just posting some answers from questions asked over email.

1. The $2 group discount is only for new customers, not existing customers looking to change from one cable plan to another cable plan. Same goes for DSL.
2. Ebox plans do not normally keep you in a contract, they are month to month. If you rent a modem, there are commitments you have to fulfill, please see n-ster's response below.

In the future, please post questions here or in one of the group buy threads so everyone can benefit. Thanks!

Edited for clarity

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)