• Oct 15th, 2019 9:50 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8917 posts
5227 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
discoblues wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:00 pm
Bought an LG fridge today at Lowes before finding about this rebate. Store gave a hard time about the save the tax because it was a special order but eventually the manager gave the discount.

Is it worth trying to go back tomorrow for this $500 rebate or am I Sol?
That's annoying. Most of the items I'm considering that are listed on their website (or Home Depot's website or others) are labelled special order. I figure all of them would have to be special order from the manufacturer because do any of these stores actually keep these large appliances in-store on racks? lol...
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jul 7, 2019
65 posts
38 upvotes
biggaroupa wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:11 pm
Thank you OP!

I was able to purchase LG; washer, dryer, and dishwasher with 25% + No Tax in-store at Lowes!

It's too bad 90% of the fridges did not apply, needed to be CEE Tier 3 or something :/
When does the Lowes no-tax event go until?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8917 posts
5227 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
MotoCross817 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:16 pm
Til about 18min ago. Stores closed at 10pm and it was on until today.

However, good news is that Lowe's typically has their no-tax events every few weeks, so the next one will probably be close to October.

Feb 21, 2007
736 posts
285 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:18 pm
Til about 18min ago. Stores closed at 10pm and it was on until today.

However, good news is that Lowe's typically has their no-tax events every few weeks, so the next one will probably be close to October.
I was told in store tonight that they have just extended the no-tax for another week.
Nov 22, 2017
365 posts
295 upvotes
25jai wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 9:55 pm
Do you guys know how long these stores can hold your items you purchased? I don't move in to my new place until mid Jan 2020, and wanted to hopefully get my appliances during black friday sales or Boxing day sales. Not sure if they can be able to hold it for 1 month or more.
I called Rona today and they said they would not hold a delivery for more than 3 months.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8917 posts
5227 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
lanslord wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:26 pm
I was told in store tonight that they have just extended the no-tax for another week.

Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1322 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
discoblues wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:00 pm
Bought an LG fridge today at Lowes before finding about this rebate. Store gave a hard time about the save the tax because it was a special order but eventually the manager gave the discount.

Is it worth trying to go back tomorrow for this $500 rebate or am I Sol?
Which model did you get. I believe there are only 3 LG models which are CEE Tier 3 certified that qualify for the rebate. See here: https://library.cee1.org/system/files/l ... rators.pdf

You are lucky you got the discount. According the the T&C's LG are excluded from the save the tax: https://www.lowes.ca/about/terms-and-conditions
Mar 10, 2007
840 posts
323 upvotes
MotoCross817 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:16 pm
No tax on kitchen appliances at Lowe’s starting tomorrow again
Feb 21, 2007
736 posts
285 upvotes
ExplodingFist wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 8:43 pm
Just ordered a pair of LG washers. Usually $1896 + tax and it came to $1400 all in. Not too shabby!
I order the washer/dryer pair too. Just noticed I was charged for delivery twice: $79.98 x 2 -- one for each of the washer and dryer. Is it normal?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8917 posts
5227 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
lanslord wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:48 pm
I order the washer/dryer pair too. Just noticed I was charged for delivery twice: $79.98 x 2 -- one for each of the washer and dryer. Is it normal?
According to the Lowe's website when you add to the cart, it only charges once. You may have to make a trip back to the store.

Jul 29, 2019
31 posts
21 upvotes
I checked Rona's website. They have a banner if you scroll down the page a bit. Once you click it, a new page will come up, and you scroll down a bit to see that they have links to eligible items that they sell. For example, the refrigerators available are only LG. Both French Doors with freezer section on the bottom part. One is stainless steel, the other white. Both about 24 cu. ft. This particular LG fridge had about 2 stars out of 5. So not only does the refrigerators are limited in selection but may not be good at all for actual usage.
Sep 15, 2008
92 posts
7 upvotes
I got a washer and dryer as well for delivery and was only charged once. You might want to verify.

One thing I noticed on my receipt is each appliance is discounted (~11%) and then taxed 13% so that total adds up to the ticket price. But the 25% rebate is applied not to the ticket price but the reduced (~11%) price....to me that doesn’t make sense if this is a true NO TAX sale?
Jan 22, 2019
169 posts
125 upvotes
I just took delivery of literally $20k worth of appliances that I purchased 3 months ago... guess there's no chance I can get that adjusted from Canadian Appliance Source.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8917 posts
5227 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Sanghera wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:57 pm
I got a washer and dryer as well for delivery and was only charged once. You might want to verify.

One thing I noticed on my receipt is each appliance is discounted (~11%) and then taxed 13% so that total adds up to the ticket price. But the 25% rebate is applied not to the ticket price but the reduced (~11%) price....to me that doesn’t make sense if this is a true NO TAX sale?
The rebate is a Government rebate based on the retail price (pre-tax)... only difference here is that Lowe's is applying it immediately rather than you waiting for a cheque in the mail.
You still have to pay tax on your purchase. The no-tax is a promotional gimmick. Lowe's is lowering the price so that when it is taxed it equals the original ticketed price thereby making it appear that you are paying no tax at all when in fact you are.

Jun 7, 2007
713 posts
241 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Canadiansinner wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 10:30 pm
I called Rona today and they said they would not hold a delivery for more than 3 months.
Thanks, that's good to hear. That means I can buy during black friday and hold delivery until I close.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)