Hot Deals

Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 10:16 am
Jan 13, 2009
415 posts
134 upvotes
Has anyone tried to figure out why Samsung gas dryer is not listed as qualifying for the rebate at Costco.ca? Item   8905432 Model  DVG45M5500P/A3. I just called them and they said all their systems are saying that it does not qualify. I will have to call them back on Monday and ask their Buying Team
Last edited by elfion on Sep 14th, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2009
415 posts
134 upvotes
FlyingSausage wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 12:21 pm
Does the program apply to the appliances bought from Costco?
Yes, there is a link on the first page of this thread to a Costco.ca filter for all qualifying appliances
Jul 12, 2019
101 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
elfion wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 4:42 pm
Has anyone tried to figure out why Samsung gas dryer is not listed as qualifying for the rebate at Costco.ca? Item   8905432 Model  DVG45M5500P/A3. I just called them and they said all their systems are saying that it does not qualify. I will have to call them back on Monday and ask their Buying Team
I see its listed on HD's website as qualifying under this so if you're not bothered about getting it from Costco you can get it from HD...although Costco has there's listed for 1 penny less, HD might price match and beat by 10% but YMMV
Dec 24, 2018
133 posts
105 upvotes
elfion wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 4:45 pm
Yes, there is a link on the first page of this thread to a Costco.ca filter for all qualifying appliances
So my parents picked up a washing machine in late July/early August but is the discount already included in the price or do we have to call Costco and ask for a rebate? From my understanding all the discounts are already included in the price...
Jan 13, 2009
415 posts
134 upvotes
NeilW23112 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 4:56 pm
I see its listed on HD's website as qualifying under this so if you're not bothered about getting it from Costco you can get it from HD...although Costco has there's listed for 1 penny less, HD might price match and beat by 10% but YMMV
I know about HD, that's why I am pretty sure it is an error in Costco system. but Costco has 2 year warranty, and free delivery. I can use my friend's van but actually what I could do is ask HD to match extended warranty.. do you think they will go for it?.
Jan 13, 2009
415 posts
134 upvotes
FlyingSausage wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 5:38 pm
So my parents picked up a washing machine in late July/early August but is the discount already included in the price or do we have to call Costco and ask for a rebate? From my understanding all the discounts are already included in the price...
No, rebate is not included in the listed price. Not sure about applying rebates retroactively, maybe check earlier pages in this thread.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
1244 posts
145 upvotes
Sorry if this is mentioned already - the prices listed on sites such as Lowes, Home Depot and Costco - the rebate isn't applied yet? How do we actually get the rebate to apply?

I am going through the Energy Savings Rebate program link in the first post, but it mentions mainly on the retailer getting reimbursed - how would a customer get reimburse in this case?

I did swing by a Costco to check it out, but they don't offer delivery if you go to the warehouse.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1374 posts
3649 upvotes
Toronto
mightylobo wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 10:32 pm
Sorry if this is mentioned already - the prices listed on sites such as Lowes, Home Depot and Costco - the rebate isn't applied yet? How do we actually get the rebate to apply?

I am going through the Energy Savings Rebate program link in the first post, but it mentions mainly on the retailer getting reimbursed - how would a customer get reimburse in this case?

I did swing by a Costco to check it out, but they don't offer delivery if you go to the warehouse.
Online:
https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?key ... gyrebate19
https://www.canadianappliance.ca/Conten ... rogram-68/

I believe all other retailers you need to purchase in-store.
Jan 13, 2009
415 posts
134 upvotes
So I went to HD Guelph today and the appliance folks made me the following deal:
They did price match on all appliances that were more expensive than Costco, even by 1 cent!!! So10% off Costco sticker! They also sold me appliances like Samsung gas dryer which in Costco are not listed as qualifying (probably an error on Costco side). They gave me free delivery. And they gave me 60 bucks off per item towards their extended warranty (+4 years!). I was also able to schedule delivery a month and a half in advance, something Costco said they couldn't do.
I spent over 5K there this afternoon. I'm very happy.
By they way ended up going with Samsung dryer. It's cheaper than others, and with 1 year factory + 4 year extended = 5 year warranty I am not concerned about things breaking.
Last edited by elfion on Sep 16th, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2009
415 posts
134 upvotes
virtus wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 1:57 pm
The Tesla analogy was for the fact that you are comparing a different technology (tankless) that is 6 times the cost of a used tank. The tankless is more efficient, like the Tesla, whether it is better for you or not depends on different factors. Since you are considering delivery and install as free and are ok with changing your water heater every 5 yrs, it is not really a valid comparison for most people. Most people that have to or chose to pay for delivery and install would never go used tank for a 5 yr life. But it could fit your situation.
Thanks for helping me decide. I chose to go with a used tank heater. I got a 2 year old 50 gallon water heater for $200. This is significantly cheaper than the tankless option. Another factor that influenced my decision, the furnace in the house is 14 years old so once it dies I am probably going to upgrade to a furnace+heater combo.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8922 posts
5227 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
elfion wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 4:26 pm
...By they way ended up going with Samsung dryer. It's cheaper than others, and with 1 yeah factory + 4 year extended + 1 year credit card = 6 year warranty I am not concerned about things breaking.
No, you should still only have 5yrs warranty, not six. The CC warranty normally extends the original manufacturer's warranty by doubling it for up to an additional year, so in this case, the entire year two. Your purchased extended 4-year warranty covers years two to five after the manufacturer's one ends. So you actually have an overlap of extended warranty for the 2nd year.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jan 13, 2009
415 posts
134 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 2:06 pm
No, you should still only have 5yrs warranty, not six. The CC warranty normally extends the original manufacturer's warranty by doubling it for up to an additional year, so in this case, the entire year two. Your purchased extended 4-year warranty covers years two to five after the manufacturer's one ends. So you actually have an overlap of extended warranty for the 2nd year.
aw( I see..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8922 posts
5227 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
elfion wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 4:33 pm
aw( I see..
Yup. This is what makes buying from Costco appealing. The buyer automatically gets a 2nd year warranty regardless of the method of payment (so you can pay cash or debit if you choose) and if he/she chooses to purchase the 3yr extended warranty, it applies to years 3-5 as the 2nd year is already covered. However, you got a PM deal at HD, so nothing to complain about or regret there.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jul 20, 2012
67 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Went to HD in Markham to price match the Samsung DK45K6500 washer and dryer from Costco that was 0.01 cheaper lol. Got the 10% off, free delivery, installation and removal as well as the rebate, $1,578 for both. Didn’t end up getting the pedestal... hope I don’t regret it...

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 1 guest)

mkannuri, Bojangles91, NOTORIOUS VR, ak-47