• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 10:34 am
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3203 posts
633 upvotes
southbeach82 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 7:39 pm
Went to HD in Markham to price match the Samsung DK45K6500 washer and dryer from Costco that was 0.01 cheaper lol. Got the 10% off, free delivery, installation and removal as well as the rebate, $1,578 for both. Didn’t end up getting the pedestal... hope I don’t regret it...
Regret Samsung washer or not getting the pedestal? Lol
Jan 13, 2009
417 posts
136 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 5:00 pm
Yup. This is what makes buying from Costco appealing. The buyer automatically gets a 2nd year warranty regardless of the method of payment (so you can pay cash or debit if you choose) and if he/she chooses to purchase the 3yr extended warranty, it applies to years 3-5 as the 2nd year is already covered. However, you got a PM deal at HD, so nothing to complain about or regret there.
the only thing I regret a little is not taking advantage of discounted HD gift cards available on Kijiji... But it is a bit sketchy to use those for orders. What if somehow it turns out they get recalled between when you buy and when it's delivered.or what if they don't honour extended warranty...not sure
Feb 17, 2015
409 posts
431 upvotes
Canada
hello southbeach can you please pm me the name of sale associate you dealt with. thanks.
southbeach82 wrote: Went to HD in Markham to price match the Samsung DK45K6500 washer and dryer from Costco that was 0.01 cheaper lol. Got the 10% off, free delivery, installation and removal as well as the rebate, $1,578 for both. Didn’t end up getting the pedestal... hope I don’t regret it...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9431 posts
2368 upvotes
Federal gov grant for Ontario only... favoritism much? **** rest of Canada eh? From all the equalization payments only ON and QC seem to matter anyway
Jul 20, 2012
68 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
hvc wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 8:51 pm
Regret Samsung washer or not getting the pedestal? Lol
The pedestal lol. What are everyone saying thoughts on them? They were going to cost an additional $600 plus tax ...
Feb 8, 2009
16 posts
6 upvotes
misterlamed wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 5:47 pm
Worth it to get a electric water heater? Right now im renting one so each month i have like 30$ or more so if i get 1k i only pay 600$ or so right? o.o
Try to get a gas one if you can. It'll be cheaper to run than an electric water heater.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1967 posts
415 upvotes
Waterloo
Messerschmitt wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:28 pm
Federal gov grant for Ontario only... favoritism much? **** rest of Canada eh? From all the equalization payments only ON and QC seem to matter anyway
Fake news.

This rebate is being funded by the Carbon Tax proceeds collected in Ontario before DoFo cancelled it.
The Energy Savings Rebate program is funded from a portion of Ontario's Low Carbon Economy Leadership Fund allocation. The Government of Canada is reinvesting Ontario's allocation in programs that encourage energy efficiency, fight climate change, and leave Ontarians with more money in their pockets.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Aug 1, 2012
723 posts
87 upvotes
Cambridge
elfion wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 4:26 pm
So I went to HD Guelph today and the appliance folks made me the following deal:
They did price match on all appliances that were more expensive than Costco, even by 1 cent!!! So10% off Costco sticker! They also sold me appliances like Samsung gas dryer which in Costco are not listed as qualifying (probably an error on Costco side). They gave me free delivery. And they gave me 60 bucks off per item towards their extended warranty (+4 years!). I was also able to schedule delivery a month and a half in advance, something Costco said they couldn't do.
I spent over 5K there this afternoon. I'm very happy.
By they way ended up going with Samsung dryer. It's cheaper than others, and with 1 year factory + 4 year extended = 5 year warranty I am not concerned about things breaking.
Does HD's extended warranty for 4 years cost only $60?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3203 posts
633 upvotes
jansh84 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 9:58 am
Does HD's extended warranty for 4 years cost only $60?
I believe it's $199. The post you quoted got $60 off of that price.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1903 posts
885 upvotes
Ottawa
cadave wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 11:51 pm
Fake news.

This rebate is being funded by the Carbon Tax proceeds collected in Ontario before DoFo cancelled it.
What kind of nonsense NDP logic is this? The rebate is being funded by the Federal government and has nothing to do with 'carbon tax proceeds', nor with Doug Ford.
All about buying votes in Ontario just in time for the October election.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1967 posts
415 upvotes
Waterloo
fruzmatik wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 11:10 am
What kind of nonsense NDP logic is this? The rebate is being funded by the Federal government and has nothing to do with 'carbon tax proceeds', nor with Doug Ford.
All about buying votes in Ontario just in time for the October election.
Carbon tax proceeds are collected by the Federal government. The federal government has always pledged to re-invest carbon tax proceeds in the jurisdiction they were collected from. Maybe you should educate yourself before speaking.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-cl ... ution.html
Proceeds from the federal carbon pollution pricing system
The federal carbon pollution pricing system is not about raising revenues. It is about recognizing that pollution has a cost, empowering Canadians, and encouraging cleaner growth and a more sustainable future. All direct proceeds from carbon pollution pricing under the federal system will be returned to the jurisdiction in which they were generated.

Provincial and territorial governments that have committed to addressing climate change by voluntarily adopting the federal system will receive these proceeds directly from the federal government and can decide on how to use them.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off and away!
Jan 17, 2009
536 posts
20 upvotes
hey guys, what's the best strategy if i need to buy multiple appliances (range/ dishwasher/ dyer)?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1903 posts
885 upvotes
Ottawa
cadave wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 11:16 am
Carbon tax proceeds are collected by the Federal government. The federal government has always pledged to re-invest carbon tax proceeds in the jurisdiction they were collected from. Maybe you should educate yourself before speaking.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-cl ... ution.html
You are misinformed, and clearly a full time kool-aid drinker.

Whatever revenues the feds raised in Ontario and other provinces without provincial carbon taxes ARE ALREADY BEING RETURNED via federal tax rebates.

This is $200 Million is being used to buy votes from relatively well-off residents of Ontario who can afford to buy new appliances.

Ask yourself: Why not just rebate directly via the tax system, and why does this rebate only exist in ONTARIO?
The Answer: To buy votes from the select few.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1967 posts
415 upvotes
Waterloo
fruzmatik wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 11:45 am
You are misinformed, and clearly a full time kool-aid drinker.

Whatever revenues the feds raised in Ontario and other provinces without provincial carbon taxes ARE ALREADY BEING RETURNED via federal tax rebates.

This is $200 Million is being used to buy votes from relatively well-off residents of Ontario who can afford to buy new appliances.

Ask yourself: Why not just rebate directly via the tax system, and why does this rebate only exist in ONTARIO?
The Answer: To buy votes from the select few.
This is correct but only for funds collected AFTER Doug Ford was elected into office and cancelled Ontario's Carbon Tax. This refund collected on your tax return is only offered to residents of provinces who have not established their own carbon tax system and therefore the federal carbon tax is effective in those jurisdictions (Ontario, New Brunswick, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan). Every other province has implemented a carbon tax system.

Ontario had a Carbon Tax system under Kathleen Wynne's government. This appliance rebate is to return those carbon tax proceeds BACK to the residents of Ontario (i.e. the carbon tax collected before the Ontario system was repealed and the federal carbon tax kicked in). There is no vote buying here. Get your facts straight before you attack people for being kool-aid drinkers.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off and away!

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 7 guests)

spooky, jeadie5