• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 11:51 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3184 posts
619 upvotes
southbeach82 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 7:39 pm
Went to HD in Markham to price match the Samsung DK45K6500 washer and dryer from Costco that was 0.01 cheaper lol. Got the 10% off, free delivery, installation and removal as well as the rebate, $1,578 for both. Didn’t end up getting the pedestal... hope I don’t regret it...
Regret Samsung washer or not getting the pedestal? Lol
Jan 13, 2009
357 posts
103 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 5:00 pm
Yup. This is what makes buying from Costco appealing. The buyer automatically gets a 2nd year warranty regardless of the method of payment (so you can pay cash or debit if you choose) and if he/she chooses to purchase the 3yr extended warranty, it applies to years 3-5 as the 2nd year is already covered. However, you got a PM deal at HD, so nothing to complain about or regret there.
the only thing I regret a little is not taking advantage of discounted HD gift cards available on Kijiji... But it is a bit sketchy to use those for orders. What if somehow it turns out they get recalled between when you buy and when it's delivered.or what if they don't honour extended warranty...not sure
Feb 17, 2015
388 posts
408 upvotes
Canada
hello southbeach can you please pm me the name of sale associate you dealt with. thanks.
southbeach82 wrote: Went to HD in Markham to price match the Samsung DK45K6500 washer and dryer from Costco that was 0.01 cheaper lol. Got the 10% off, free delivery, installation and removal as well as the rebate, $1,578 for both. Didn’t end up getting the pedestal... hope I don’t regret it...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9294 posts
2278 upvotes
Federal gov grant for Ontario only... favoritism much? **** rest of Canada eh? From all the equalization payments only ON and QC seem to matter anyway
Jul 20, 2012
65 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
hvc wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 8:51 pm
Regret Samsung washer or not getting the pedestal? Lol
The pedestal lol. What are everyone saying thoughts on them? They were going to cost an additional $600 plus tax ...
Feb 8, 2009
12 posts
3 upvotes
Windsor
misterlamed wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 5:47 pm
Worth it to get a electric water heater? Right now im renting one so each month i have like 30$ or more so if i get 1k i only pay 600$ or so right? o.o
Try to get a gas one if you can. It'll be cheaper to run than an electric water heater.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1952 posts
374 upvotes
Waterloo
Messerschmitt wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:28 pm
Federal gov grant for Ontario only... favoritism much? **** rest of Canada eh? From all the equalization payments only ON and QC seem to matter anyway
Fake news.

This rebate is being funded by the Carbon Tax proceeds collected in Ontario before DoFo cancelled it.
The Energy Savings Rebate program is funded from a portion of Ontario's Low Carbon Economy Leadership Fund allocation. The Government of Canada is reinvesting Ontario's allocation in programs that encourage energy efficiency, fight climate change, and leave Ontarians with more money in their pockets.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!