Hot Deals

Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2021

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2020 8:51 am
Feb 25, 2005
166 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
NeilW23112 wrote: Just pulled the trigger on the LG 3500 pair from Costco which came to $1432 total, taxes in and delivery, install, haul away

Had to get the stacking kit separately from RONA (online) for $70 so the full package is going to be under $1500 when the 2% cash back is factored in from the Costco mastercard.....and i don't have to wait for the dryer on back order from Lowes!
My total comes to 1488.32$. How did yours come in cheaper?
Jan 19, 2018
572 posts
364 upvotes
Can anyone recommend an eligible laundry centre combo (washer + dryer) for a condo? Thanks.
Jul 12, 2019
123 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
bobohobo2kx wrote: Can anyone recommend an eligible laundry centre combo (washer + dryer) for a condo? Thanks.
what's the size of your current unit / space and budget?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1534 posts
5359 upvotes
Toronto
NeilW23112 wrote: 26 7/8 seems like a pretty small opening....how big is the current set you've got? this should be a quick indication of what will fit in your space i would think
chimaican wrote: My guess it's probably one of those smaller 24" wide condo sized units with a 2.4cuft drum.
NeilW23112 wrote: True, especially with the new condos being built where the fridge can hold a can of beer and a stick of butter while the washer/dryer is likely to clean a sock and pair of undies Face With Tears Of Joy

Still can't understand why the door isn't the very least 28" at a minimum unless its a proper closet built for the small units and not a standard opening...
NeilW23112 wrote: what is the size of the current unit you have as i'm sure its the same concept as the one i've got, also known as a 'laundry center' where the dryer is fixed on top with the washer below? ours is a whirlpool thin twin which is actually 27" wide and nearly 75" tall so not as 'thin' as others on the market.

i would say your options are either a full size 27" pair if space permits or a smaller 24" pair, but keep in mind the smaller units are more expensive
I am back home. Thank you for any advice.
My condo is 20 years old as is my "laundry centre". I am very interested with the Costco LG 3500 deal. I don't see any recommended 24" stackable units where both the washer and dryer are energy star. I am interested in vented. I see one GE 27" energy star laundry centre that is listed sometimes as 27" and sometimes at 26.75". Because my laundry room is deep I like that with my laundry centre I can store my vacuum etc in front and still do laundry...I would have to move that stuff with a front load.
My laundry room is 33" wide and 59" deep. It is just the door frame is 26 7/8" and the door is 27 7/8". I think it is worth it to get the doorway widened an inch or so to get a better unit.

I will keep my eye on this thread and hope I find something suitable before the rebate runs out.
Apr 3, 2010
425 posts
431 upvotes
Looks like the 20% off promo code for major appliances at Lowe's, no longer works. They fixed it. For those who used it to get a PM at HD, congratulations. You got one heck of a deal.
Jul 27, 2016
676 posts
615 upvotes
Kanata
I just got home from The Home Depot where they could not sell me the only "normal" fridge that qualifies for this rebate (LFC24786ST).

He explained they get them directly from the manufacturer and they can't order them anymore because it's been discontinued and there's no stock left at LG itself.
Nov 8, 2016
89 posts
5 upvotes
Looking for some advise on buying refrigerator.
Currently have LG and using it for last 10 years and no issue so far but want to take advantage of this Energy Saving rebate.. I'm looking at buying the following one.. only disadantage I see is the front ice dispensor (as I already have hosting etc setup but my old refrigerator doesn't have the ice dispenser and wanted to buy the one that has it)..

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/lg-ele ... 1000735477

Do you think it is worth to buy it now or would there be similar discounts on black Friday/Boxing day ?
Oct 9, 2011
905 posts
394 upvotes
GTA
Saheest wrote: Looking for some advise on buying refrigerator.
Currently have LG and using it for last 10 years and no issue so far but want to take advantage of this Energy Saving rebate.. I'm looking at buying the following one.. only disadantage I see is the front ice dispensor (as I already have hosting etc setup but my old refrigerator doesn't have the ice dispenser and wanted to buy the one that has it)..

Do you think it is worth to buy it now or would there be similar discounts on black Friday/Boxing day ?
The program runs until March 2020. Time is on your side. I wouldn’t go out and buy something because of the FOMO effect.

You might find an even better deal.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
9793 posts
6209 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Saheest wrote: Looking for some advise on buying refrigerator.

AFAIK they do have refrigerators with the ice-maker on the inside of the fridge. You're going to have to run a waterline regardless if you want to have a ice-maker. Also, these pesky things have water filters in them too, so that's an added cost whenever it needs replacing.

As for your question about BF/BD... again, if the Conservatives win the election, this rebate program will likely be axed before March 2020. Also, only CEER Tier 3 refrigerators qualify, so you'll have to check that out too.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Nov 8, 2016
89 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks guys.. good to hear this rebate program is till March 2020 so I think I'll wait may be a better deal show up..
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1550 posts
196 upvotes
Barrie
Saheest wrote: Thanks guys.. good to hear this rebate program is till March 2020 so I think I'll wait may be a better deal show up..
Caveat is that there is a max rebate amount for the program, and per store, right?
Amex SPG, MR, and Aeroplan offers help me travel!
Feb 27, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
My suggestion is that you can buy now and have delivery date set to 3-4 months from now. If you find a better price on bf/bd you can cancel/pm the order anytime before delivery. Bestbuy /HD both does that, if they agree simply cancel and place new order
Jul 12, 2019
123 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
As has been said time and time again....the rebate is being offered by the CURRENT federal gov't which may/may not be the same one come this Fall. With that being said, its almost certain that if the Conservatives do take over, this will be axed long before the scheduled date of March 2020 so if you need a new appliance than do what you can to take advantage of this, otherwise just wait until something comes along that suits your needs/budget.

Although my current washer/dryer is still working, its also the original unit from my condo which was built almost 15 years ago and the only reason its lasted this long is due to the fact that we don't use it as much as the average couple because we travel a lot for work and as such aren't home 365 days a year. We've also heard of numerous people in the building who've had issues with their units leaking and breaking down so for us this comes at a great time because its the last of the original appliances we've not yet replaced.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

jcnpi89826099894