Hot Deals

Ontario Energy Savings Rebate - 25% Off Appliance until Mar 31, 2021

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2020 9:55 am
Feb 7, 2012
663 posts
1386 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: Best advice is to always go as big as you can that the budget and space will allow.

To give you an idea for front load washers:
2.6cuft = you're single and you like to do laundry several times a week and you live in an apartment the size of a mouse hole
3.5cuft = you're in a relationship and you combine your laundry together and separate by colour
5.2cuft = you have a family
6.0cuft = you got a huge family or like to wash your comforters & duvet covers often
omg thank you! this helps a lot! now I need to measure the space! currently I have a laundry center/unitized set .. but I want a bigger unit if spacing permits

thank you again for taking the time to explain sizing!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
9825 posts
6252 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
epik89 wrote: best fridge deal out there anyone?
Define best?

You want side-by-side, freezer top, french door, build in icemaker, 30"/33"/36", 20cuft/23cuft/25cuft, counter-depth, white/black/SS?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Sep 7, 2019
1 posts
I bought mine beginning of August as well got delivered on 10th... did you got the price adjustment ?
Jul 12, 2019
123 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
frugette wrote: looking for a laundry combo also.. either stacked or laundry center/unitized. still need to weigh pros and cons and figure out sizing
let me know what you end up with if you find one!
I have some researching to do also!
I live in a condo and am in the process of replacing a laundry center with a 'large' washer/dryer set....not because i have a family, but because value for price and space used fits the current footprint, and of course the reviews were favorable for the pair in question.

Alternatively when you look at the laundry center's currently available they typically come in close to the same prices as a separate pair, and when you look at the smaller units (apartment size) they're more often than not even more expensive than any other option for a specialized appliance. For me, i've never liked the laundry center because i don't like the top load washer, nor do i like the concept of having both appliances connected as if there's an issue with one you can't separate them to deal with it, similarly to those old TV's with the integrated DVD players from years past.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4886 posts
1074 upvotes
Toronto
fruzmatik wrote: Which rheem? Where? Thanks!
mrwoogyboogy wrote: How did you get yours for $1200, which model and discounts did you receive? thanks

The condensing one at home depot. They matched Lowe's 20%. Good luck
Phones for sale
Signing up for Koodo / Public Mobile ? 😉
Aug 7, 2007
132 posts
19 upvotes
Link for Rheem @ Lowe's please ? ( All I see is GSW Powered by TAKAGI 10 US GPM Condensing 199000 BTU Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater (15 Year Limited) )
Jan 25, 2012
202 posts
67 upvotes
NORTH YORK
greenbaido wrote: Managed to snag this deal....ordered few days ago from Lowe’s with the Save %20 code.
Now I just need to go to the store and get another %25 Off

LG 5.2-cu ft High Efficiency Stackable Front-Load Washer (White) ENERGY STAR

Item: 1072528
Unit Price: $848.00
Qty: 1.00
Line Total: $678.42
Delivery
LG 7.4-cu ft Reversible side swing Stackable Electric Dryer (WHITE) ENERGY STAR

Item: 1072529
Unit Price: $848.00
Line Total: $678.42
Parcel
EASTMAN 2-Pack 6-ft 1500-PSI Stainless Steel Washing Machine Drain Hose

Item: 273733
Unit Price: $25.70
Line Total: $20.56
Purchase summary
Payment type:
VISA

Subtotal: $1,721.70
Total Discounts: $344.30
Shipping/Delivery: $0.00
GST/HST: $220.65
PST: $0.00
QST: $0.00
RST: $0.00
Total Eco Fee: $0.00

Order Total: $1,556.45

-%25 ($339.21) total should be $1217.24
Pretty sick deal
So you can order appliances online then go into the store to get the 25% in store energy credit? Has this been confirmed to work?
Feb 7, 2012
663 posts
1386 upvotes
Toronto
NeilW23112 wrote: I live in a condo and am in the process of replacing a laundry center with a 'large' washer/dryer set....not because i have a family, but because value for price and space used fits the current footprint, and of course the reviews were favorable for the pair in question.

Alternatively when you look at the laundry center's currently available they typically come in close to the same prices as a separate pair, and when you look at the smaller units (apartment size) they're more often than not even more expensive than any other option for a specialized appliance. For me, i've never liked the laundry center because i don't like the top load washer, nor do i like the concept of having both appliances connected as if there's an issue with one you can't separate them to deal with it, similarly to those old TV's with the integrated DVD players from years past.
i'm thinking the same thing! let me know which one you end up with!
Feb 7, 2012
663 posts
1386 upvotes
Toronto
Gotoff wrote: The condensing one at home depot. They matched Lowe's 20%. Good luck
which location?
Aug 16, 2015
692 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto, ON
greenbaido wrote: Yes it has been confirmed in many posts
Has it been confirmed with the 20% discount that wasn’t supposed to apply to appliances? I haven’t seen any reports on the additional 25% rebate on pick up yet.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
9825 posts
6252 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
It's always possible but not one RFD has posted success. If it were possible it may no longer be. It's been 1.5wks since the rebate came out and it wouldn't be a surprise that the various companies would have informed their managers and employees how to do it, review the PM policies, read the fine print and to watch out for people like us. Lol...
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2006 posts
983 upvotes
Ottawa
Gotoff wrote: The condensing one at home depot. They matched Lowe's 20%. Good luck
LOL. Total YMMV, Lowes doesn't even sell Rheem.
Jul 12, 2019
123 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
frugette wrote: i'm thinking the same thing! let me know which one you end up with!
I went with the LG3500 pair from Costco which includes free delivery, haul away, set up, hoses, etc. but you still need the stacking kit which i've found the cheapest at RONA

Of course they are the only retailer to my knowledge that is applying the 25% rebate to online orders and if you've got the Costco mastercard you get a further 2% cash back plus additional 2 year warranty from Costco

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)