None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7699 posts
1182 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 5:33 pm
People are losing their minds because the province is doing a good thing. ANYTHING THAT BOLSTERS OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS A GOOD THING FOLKS.

Conservatives are terrible. No sense of shame left.

Liberals are getting critized for providing more care. This is just sick.
No, they are getting criticized for spending money they don't have and for trying to buy votes and fudge a budget in time for the next election. They are getting criticized for the fiasco and out of control spending of the past years.

Bolstering healthcare is a good thing. But you need to be able to afford it.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2344 posts
144 upvotes
Markham
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 5:33 pm
People are losing their minds because the province is doing a good thing. ANYTHING THAT BOLSTERS OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS A GOOD THING FOLKS.

Conservatives are terrible. No sense of shame left.

Liberals are getting critized for providing more care. This is just sick.
Spin, spin, and more spin. NDP's plan was better and Conservatives, horror of horrors, actually don't want taxpayers to pay for rich kids.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8319 posts
288 upvotes
don242 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 6:10 pm
No, they are getting criticized for spending money they don't have and for trying to buy votes and fudge a budget in time for the next election. They are getting criticized for the fiasco and out of control spending of the past years.

That is really silly. Why would they do this if they are buying votes?. Free pharma is almost useless for them. They are the healthiest group here.

If they are criticizing the liberals because they want them to save money then why arent the conservatives talking about the rest of healthcare?. The bulk of the cost goes to older people with chronic diseases. Of couse not because privatizating all of it is a political nightmare.
We can more than afford it. Taxation have always been the answer.

Its one thing to criticize legitimate issues like cost of hydro(which is weird because this is a conservative move) but not this.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Nov 2, 2016
36 posts
1 upvote
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 6:33 pm
That is really silly. Why would they do this if they are buying votes?. Free pharma is almost useless for them. They are the healthiest group here.

Its one thing to criticize legitimate issues like cost of hydro(which is weird because this is a conservative move) but not this.
I think that's the entire definition of buying votes. Lots of hoopla and fanfare but not a lot of substance. They're rallying the younger crowd to vote for them so they can get re-elected hoping people under 25 are too stupid to see that this free pharmacare business doesn't really improve things.

I am all for bolstering our health care system, but this decision is both a step in the right and wrong direction at the same time. Pharmacare is a good idea, but restricting it to people under 25 just screams bad execution to me. That being said, I'm sure the liberals only did it to buy votes and not for any higher purpose such as serving the people.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
203 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 11:04 pm
Overall people 25 and under use very little medication compared to people over that age group. The big boon will be to seriously ill young people with chronic diseases who will now have their medication covered.
This.
KhalidA wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 11:15 pm
Hopefully this will cause the Toronto housing bubble to collapse.
What? What the relation here?
Clockisticking wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 6:42 pm
I think that's the entire definition of buying votes. Lots of hoopla and fanfare but not a lot of substance. They're rallying the younger crowd to vote for them so they can get re-elected hoping people under 25 are too stupid to see that this free pharmacare business doesn't really improve things.

I am all for bolstering our health care system, but this decision is both a step in the right and wrong direction at the same time. Pharmacare is a good idea, but restricting it to people under 25 just screams bad execution to me. That being said, I'm sure the liberals only did it to buy votes and not for any higher purpose such as serving the people.

And This. And Liberals and buying votes? Never heard that before.Winking Face
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7699 posts
1182 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 6:33 pm
I don't get rfd's obession with wanting to pay more tax. Never in all of history have people been so desperate to hand more money over to the government.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
203 upvotes
Taxation have always been the answer.
The line never gets old. Every problem in the world can be solved with Taxation.
divx wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 4:51 pm
if it last longer than few hours, you should see a doctor, free for everyone
LOLwut?

Longer than few hours? This government lasted longer than 13+ years when they buy votes with free mpney.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8319 posts
288 upvotes
don242 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 7:21 pm
I don't get rfd's obession with wanting to pay more tax. Never in all of history have people been so desperate to hand more money over to the government.
Im not suggesting taxing people blindly. A progressive tax(which we have now) but we need to be dinging the right people. IE. higher corporate tax.

And BTW, RFD OT is dominated by conservatives. They are against taxation. Only a handful of us here who understand why taxation is very important to have a healthy society.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Oct 27, 2013
186 posts
53 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Researchers should be using this as an opportunity to test how intelligent our younger millenials are. I think this is the quietest I've ever heard an opposition leader be during election ever. Why spend the extra money knowing you have a yuuuge lead. At least Mr brown is a smart business man. But horvath seriously give it a rest. NDP should start looking at how much young people bump Wynne's ratings and use that to find someone to lead your party in the lower end of that age bracket.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
5988 posts
3218 upvotes
free tuition, free healthcare, social services... now they can smoke away and never be pressured to care.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
12184 posts
4625 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 8:23 pm
Im not suggesting taxing people blindly. A progressive tax(which we have now) but we need to be dinging the right people. IE. higher corporate tax.

And BTW, RFD OT is dominated by conservatives. They are against taxation. Only a handful of us here who understand why taxation is very important to have a healthy society.
My big thing is that I can't stand all the offshore tax havens and it makes me cringe seeing the uber rich pay little or no tax which often works out to them paying less tax than the poor. Our tax system is broken. They need to close all the loopholes and really simplify the tax code. It is the most complex piece of legislation in Canada. We pay thousands of people to regulate the system. It's crazy. Just charge people tax based on what they earn, using a progressive scale. Get rid of all these crazy loopholes and workarounds that the rich exploit and abuse to no end.
I am a Public Mobile, Zoomer, and Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4838 posts
426 upvotes
Scarborough
free pharmacare should be for everyone........not just for under 25 or for seniors, extend it to all ontarians (those eligible for ohip)
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
203 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 9:37 pm
My big thing is that I can't stand all the offshore tax havens and it makes me cringe seeing the uber rich pay little or no tax which often works out to them paying less tax than the poor. Our tax system is broken. They need to close all the loopholes and really simplify the tax code. It is the most complex piece of legislation in Canada. We pay thousands of people to regulate the system. It's crazy. Just charge people tax based on what they earn, using a progressive scale. Get rid of all these crazy loopholes and workarounds that the rich exploit and abuse to no end.
agree.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
203 upvotes
And BTW, RFD OT is dominated by conservatives.
in your dreams may be. what a bs like many of other statements.⬇
Only a handful of us here who understand why taxation is very important to have a healthy society.

Taxation is for wasting money and paying for liberal insiders, union members.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21157 posts
2128 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Apr 29th, 2017 3:37 pm
free pharmacare should be for everyone........not just for under 25 or for seniors, extend it to all ontarians (those eligible for ohip)
Yet they still live under extreme poverty.. Why don't they just fix the biggest issue which is lack of jobs...