• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 7:38 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 21, 2009
462 posts
98 upvotes
Ajax
ToDealHunter wrote: Hi, if you dont mind what area of Ajax are you in? I am at North of Ajax and didnt get any confirmation email. I just called and they told me not installers available on my area yet.
Westney height, central Ajax.
Sep 14, 2008
512 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
It seems the * connector is there, and it should be able to handle the humidifier, but I dont see it as officially supported, it seems to vary depending on the page you look. i.e. here it does not show it as supported for "hum" even though it should work based on the documentation as it is the same as the other *.

https://nest.com/support/article/What-i ... Thermostat
Aug 18, 2013
159 posts
191 upvotes
Just received my survey e-mail.. booyah! L3R postal code
Nov 5, 2007
9 posts
5 upvotes
Um, could someone chime in about point #4 of the T&A
4. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that all right, title and interest in and to all benefits or entitlements associated with decreased environmental impacts now or in the future, direct or indirect, arising as a result of, relating to or in connection with the electricity savings or demand savings for which the Thermostats or other energy efficient devices and products have been provided, and the right to quantify and register these, including without limitation, any energy efficiency certificate, renewable energy certificate, credit, reduction right, offset, allocated pollution right, and emission reduction allowance (collectively, the “Environmental Attributes”) are hereby transferred and assigned, or to the extent transfer or assignment is not permitted, held in trust in favour of Green Ontario Fund. Green Ontario Fund shall be entitled, unilaterally and without the Participant’s consent to deal with such Environmental Attributes in any manner it determines. The Participant further acknowledges and agrees that Green Ontario Fund may direct the Participant to take such actions and do all such things necessary to certify, obtain, qualify and register with the relevant authorities or agencies such Environmental Attributes for the purpose of transferring, assigning, or holding in trust, such Environmental Attributes to and for Green Ontario Fund. The Participant shall comply with any such directions, and will be entitled to reimbursement of the cost of complying with such direction, provided that Green Ontario Fund, acting reasonably, has approved such cost in writing prior to the cost being incurred by the Participant. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Participant may market, report and publish the environmental benefits and savings results associated with participation in the Program.
It almost sounds to me like by installing you're entering a contract with GreenON where they become the claimee of any future benefits / credits from here on out???
And they can mandate you to upgrade stuff ( you get reimbursement for it .. but need approval from greenon ... ) ?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2296 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
Inquiring minds want to know: do they install the Ecobee Smart Thermostat with only 2 wires available (in case running the wires is not an option for now)? Reason being that the current/old thermostat runs on battery and has to be manually switch between AC and heat by rewiring.
Dec 6, 2016
48 posts
7 upvotes
jllmoe wrote: Thx neighbour! unfortunately I have not received that email (to fill out the form) yet. I will wait a bit longer.
Hope you will get yours installed soon.

Cheers,
Oh, got the survey emails ~4:30pm today, and got the same "unfortunately... installers are not available in your area" message at the end. Oh well, things are moving ahead...... will wait for installers to call me. Postal code starts with: L4L, and L6A
Jan 3, 2018
2 posts
Has anyone read and agree to the “Particupant Agreement”? I read it and it sounds like you are committed for life, will this bring any ramifications or complications in the future, does anyone here knows about this legal agreements? Can anyone please help me?? I’ll really appreciate it. Thanks. Lissa
Jan 3, 2018
2 posts
I’m also wondering about the same thing, I’m afraid to agree to something that might affect in the future, can you please let me know if you find out? Thanks. Lissa
Dec 25, 2015
521 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Viz79 wrote: Inquiring minds want to know: do they install the Ecobee Smart Thermostat with only 2 wires available (in case running the wires is not an option for now)? Reason being that the current/old thermostat runs on battery and has to be manually switch between AC and heat by rewiring.

I believe it is 5 wires that need to be connected. So the power would need to be connected from the thermostat all the way to the furnace. I believe you also will be provided with a PEK Connector (Ecobee 3 is what I have) which could help solve your problem i think.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2192 posts
1531 upvotes
SW Ontario
jllmoe wrote: Oh, got the survey emails ~4:30pm today, and got the same "unfortunately... installers are not available in your area" message at the end. Oh well, things are moving ahead...... will wait for installers to call me. Postal code starts with: L4L, and L6A
Same here ... got the email and did the survey thinking that I was close to getting this deal, only to find out they are in the area ... makes you wonder why have me fill out the questionnaire if your not in my area, they had my postal code to begin with ... postal code starts with N2M
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2014 posts
347 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
jllmoe wrote: Oh, got the survey emails ~4:30pm today, and got the same "unfortunately... installers are not available in your area" message at the end. Oh well, things are moving ahead...... will wait for installers to call me. Postal code starts with: L4L, and L6A
I haven't got the email yet. L6A.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Completed the survey about an hour ago and got "unfortunately installers are not in your area, etc". They seem coming soon.
Last edited by ma678 on Jan 4th, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1122 posts
192 upvotes
Anyone recommend a cheap thermostat I can buy for the installers to take with them? The one I have right now I want to give to my in laws...it’s not smart but it’s still a good one with easy scheduling.
Mar 8, 2012
129 posts
75 upvotes
Maple
Just received the installation scheduling email. Jane and Major Mac area.
Aug 6, 2007
178 posts
9 upvotes
Markham
Akinari wrote: Um, could someone chime in about point #4 of the T&A

It almost sounds to me like by installing you're entering a contract with GreenON where they become the claimee of any future benefits / credits from here on out???
And they can mandate you to upgrade stuff ( you get reimbursement for it .. but need approval from greenon ... ) ?
I agree, this clause makes things seem a little shady. I guess they give you a free thermostat but then you give up the right for future credits if they see fit? Anyone else have an opinion on this?