Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Ontario] Free Smart Thermostat. [2017 is full, registering for 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 7:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
Got an email today saying I could book online via web. Ended up booking mar2nd. Guess this is better than having to call in to book or waiting for a call.
Feb 15, 2007
45 posts
18 upvotes
Kitchener
K-W has installers now. I was in no hurry so I decided to just wait until they contacted me. Got the email last Saturday to book and install was yesterday.

The installer did confirm they had no one in the area previously and have a huge backlog to get through.
Jan 17, 2013
41 posts
2 upvotes
Cambridge
cadave wrote: If you're in Cambridge, call back and insist there is an installer in your area. The guy who installed my thermostat (in Waterloo) was from Cambridge and he was frustrated because he wasn't getting very many appointments. 1-888-728-9887
I'm not, im about 45 min south of Cambridge.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2636 posts
2971 upvotes
Niagara, ON
Had my ecobee 3 lite installed today in Niagara. Installer was super helpful and even fixed some sloppy work done by my AC installer this summer. Linked to my Google Assistant. Another step towards a smart home.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
I had two houses done through Green On. First one, the guy was really clueless as he kept insisting the Nest E is a single stage. When I even show him the manual he still insisted he won't hook my W2 to O/B per instruction because of liablity etc. I just let him do what he wants to do and just did it myself once he was out the door.

Second house the installer was awesome! He knew the Nest E very well and even explained a few things I wasn't quite sure even after reading up the documentation. Gave him a good rep in the comments field of his e-sign off sheet.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8251 posts
5752 upvotes
Was able to book an appointment using the online calendar that wasn't working in December, I check it every so often and today it was actually working

I hope it actually worked, waiting to see if I get a confirmation e-mail but the site does say I'm booked
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
I had my Ecobee 3 lite installed today on the second attempt. The first installer refused to do it because he said my wiring was to thin. I contacted Ecobee support and they sent me email confirmation that my setup was in fact fine and no rewiring was needed. The second installer also tried to insist that the wires were too thin ("telephonic wire" put in when the house was built in the '60s) but I pushed him to try and he eventually gave in after I showed him the Ecobee email. The furance is operating fine, so if anyone else with an old house gets told your wires are too thin gauge you don't necessarily have to accept that as the final answer.
Aug 29, 2009
378 posts
24 upvotes
CA
Got it installed finally, N2N kitchener area. Installer was local did a decent job installing the ecobee. I would recommend those in KW area to call again to book if you haven't already.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
mwahahaa wrote: I had my Ecobee 3 lite installed today on the second attempt. The first installer refused to do it because he said my wiring was to thin. I contacted Ecobee support and they sent me email confirmation that my setup was in fact fine and no rewiring was needed. The second installer also tried to insist that the wires were too thin ("telephonic wire" put in when the house was built in the '60s) but I pushed him to try and he eventually gave in after I showed him the Ecobee email. The furance is operating fine, so if anyone else with an old house gets told your wires are too thin gauge you don't necessarily have to accept that as the final answer.
Did you need a PEK installed? Could you please post a picture of the wires from the furnace to it? I got refusal from my installer saying my furnace is too old.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
Did you guys get a report of the energy survey? I've had mine installed for 2 weeks but no survey yet, not that i care all that much. I asked for it ti be emailed to me.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3199 posts
2222 upvotes
ontario
getting mine installed tomorrow (sunday!!??) west of orangeville. i was one of the 1st to sign up, i guess they just started in this area.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
Radudu wrote: So I had received the Email

"Great News! We've Expanded the GreenON Installations Program. Great news! Space has opened up in the GreenON Installations program. This means you’ve moved off the waiting list and on to our official applicant list. You are now one step closer to reducing your carbon footprint."

back in Dec 13th last year. Haven't heard back since. Any idea how long it will take. I live in East Scarborough Area. Thanks.
I live near Warden/Sheppard (M1T) and got a call Friday to set up an appointment. I just called back and was able to set it up for tomorrow (Monday). They only do M-F in my area.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2636 posts
2971 upvotes
Niagara, ON
crystallight wrote: Also, isn't it weird that the thermostat doesn't tell you the time? Figured that would be an obvious feature to display.
I asked ecobee support about the time missing from the display. They said it's coming in a future release. So, it might come one day via a firmware push
Aug 17, 2008
714 posts
94 upvotes
We have an appointment for installation this week. However, we still haven't picked which one we want (ecobee, nest or honeywell). My dad is old school (aka old) and he appreciates the free device and the fact that we can control through wi-fi, but he is adamant he doesn't want the smart thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature on it's own. In other words, he still wants to run everything manually himself but just through his phone. Which smart thermostat has the option to "turn off" settings so that it doesn't turn up or turn down the temperature on it's own?

Sorry, I know it defeats the purpose of the smart thermostat...but you know old timers.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2184 posts
252 upvotes
Ottawa
I am having installers come in today to install the thermostat. Anything I should prepare or know about before they come. I told them to bring all 3 and I will choose. I am going more with Ecobee. I am an Android user so not sure If Ecobee is better than Nest for me.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1124 posts
344 upvotes
Booked my appointment online last Thursday for Today. Took the installer around 15 minutes to finish with the Nest E. Whole thing was a smooth and painless process.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1124 posts
344 upvotes
masoud100 wrote: I am having installers come in today to install the thermostat. Anything I should prepare or know about before they come. I told them to bring all 3 and I will choose. I am going more with Ecobee. I am an Android user so not sure If Ecobee is better than Nest for me.
The installer said the Ecobee would have taken another 20 minutes to install if there was no c-wire.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
hunt3rshadow wrote: We have an appointment for installation this week. However, we still haven't picked which one we want (ecobee, nest or honeywell). My dad is old school (aka old) and he appreciates the free device and the fact that we can control through wi-fi, but he is adamant he doesn't want the smart thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature on it's own. In other words, he still wants to run everything manually himself but just through his phone. Which smart thermostat has the option to "turn off" settings so that it doesn't turn up or turn down the temperature on it's own?

Sorry, I know it defeats the purpose of the smart thermostat...but you know old timers.
Either stat will let you "hold" the temperature you set yourself.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Oct 16, 2008
699 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
Someone came and installed an ecobee for us today in Hamilton. Done in less than an hour & the guy was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)