Tags:
None
Nov 29, 2013
144 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
i-o_o-i wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:38 pm
Also in the L6C area, when I filled out the survey they said someone will contact me when they're in the area, when did you get notified for an actual appointment?
I got the email to fill out survey and schedule an appointment on Dec. 29, filled out the survey and it just ssid I will be notified ehen there are installers in my area.
You must call 1888-728-9887 and book an appointment. Have your submission ID ready! The online form on step 4 that states they'll call you is apparently a website glitch. I was put on hold for literally 2 seconds and connected to someone right away so hopefully you get the same experience. They will let you know available time slots and dates! Good luck!
Aug 24, 2006
714 posts
163 upvotes
Woodbridge
Just had my Ecobee installed in L4H area. So far so good :).
Oct 19, 2012
128 posts
45 upvotes
Montr
I got a nest installed on Wednesday and it has stopped working as of tonight saying no power to y1 cable. Anyone else have this problem? We haven't done anything.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
18945 posts
6514 upvotes
Ottawa
hailey21 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 12:53 am
I got a nest installed on Wednesday and it has stopped working as of tonight saying no power to y1 cable. Anyone else have this problem? We haven't done anything.
Do you have a C wire?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
1286 posts
9 upvotes
L5N - just had mine installed yesterday

Called in Thursday to ask about the website glitch and they said they had lots of openings. Book for Saturday between 1 and 4.

Installed called Friday night to let me know he would be there at 3:30, he was bang on.

I ordered the ecobee which he also confirmed before booking the time

I didn't want the power stealing add on so I grabbed some 18/8c (overkill but it's what we had at the shop) and ran the new line before he came.

I made the mistake of taking off my thermostat when he came. They want to make sure the old one is working and there are no issues with the hvac system so I had to temp reinstall it.

He used my new wiring and connected it up and tested.

The ecobee sat for about 20 min calibrating to my house temp before it was operation at all.

Everything is good. Only thing I notice that is different with my ecobee is it runs the fan as soon as the Heat cycle is called whereas my old system would heat up the furnace first then the fan would come on a short time after. Not sure if this is related to the ecobee or the new 5 wire with common setup.

All in all great experience. I tipped the guy on the way out too, he must be going crazy doing these installs :)
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
1286 posts
9 upvotes
Also has anyone had the terms and conditions looked over by someone who knows legal jargon? I don't trust the explanation someone mentioned the green on rep said in another thread.
Apr 20, 2015
245 posts
33 upvotes
Brampton, ON
got mine installed on Friday too, very straight forward and the installer had to put in the PEK kit for the ecobee. L7A postal code
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
1286 posts
9 upvotes
Usually you have to check the wiring bundle. Sometimes you're lucky and they ran a 5c bundle but didn't use the common as most older thermostats didn't need a common.

Looking at the wiring on the actual thermostat won't tell you 100 percent
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
7902 posts
772 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Currently I have honeywell wifi thermostat, can I still keep it and let the installer take away another old one which the honeywell replaced?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10230 posts
2503 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
wlee wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 10:41 am
Currently I have honeywell wifi thermostat, can I still keep it and let the installer take away another old one which the honeywell replaced?
You can if you swap the old one in before they come.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
18945 posts
6514 upvotes
Ottawa
hailey21 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 9:48 am
Y1, G, R, W
Pull the Nest off the base and check to see that all wires are still in place and haven't come off.
Also check the furnace for the same thing.
After everything checks out, go to settings and look for the setup (or something similar), where it will show you on screen the wires it detects and in your case; it should see 4 wires.

Another issue could be that the Nest is failing to properly charge and you may need to charge it via USB cable (off its base) for about 30mi.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
18945 posts
6514 upvotes
Ottawa
loudsubz wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 9:01 am
Also has anyone had the terms and conditions looked over by someone who knows legal jargon? I don't trust the explanation someone mentioned the green on rep said in another thread.
The quick and dirty...we sold our soul to Wynne
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
1824 posts
279 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Got ours installed this past Saturday. Was quick, installer was in and out within the hour and overall experience great.

L5W area code. Has to call in to get an appointment. Called last week said I would get a call in a few days, didn't so called back on Thursday. They told me they had installer in the area on Sat and booked in.
Nov 17, 2016
29 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Bought the Ecobee sensors from Home Depot using my $10 off coupon from the email subscription. There aren't many left in stock in the Ottawa area.

There was an issue with the coupon though, it kept saying it was already used when the cashier was punching it in. The store was nice enough to honour it via manual override.

The sensors work great. I put one in the master bedroom (west side) and one in my tenant's bedroom (east side). Main thermostat is set at 21C - average temps are about 20.5C between all three sensors (thermostat and 2 sensors).