• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 7:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3086 posts
918 upvotes
Tried again and get the address already exists error but no e-mail yet, maybe the system is just completely backed up now
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13348 posts
13688 upvotes
Oakville
apkesh wrote: I wonder which private company or companies got the contract to install, and how much money is transferring hands. Call me a pessimist, but every time the government tries something new, it just ends up being a big waste of money. They should just let consumers buy thermostats and send the upc code for a rebate like they do in the States.
I agree that I'd prefer to install it myself, but they're probably doing it in hopes of reducing fraud for people who already have a smart tstat and are looking to resell this.
esoxhntr wrote: would let me pick detached home, didn't recognize it as a valid value. i entered semi-detached and it worked. weird.

wonder what the catch is.
If you reload the page it will let you pick the correct option. I had the same issue with contact method as well. Seems to be a result of the excessive site load.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3812 posts
2411 upvotes
Toronto and London
Signed up (I think)? Didn't see a confirmation page.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.
Sep 30, 2001
28052 posts
7134 upvotes
Toronto
i'm getting stuck on the last submit button
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13348 posts
13688 upvotes
Oakville
nasa25 wrote: 3rd time getting to the congrats page with the same email...no error telling me that they already have the email address on file. No email received yet. OK i think that's enough now.
I also just tried a 3rd time without errors or email.... hopefully I'll get the tstat... maybe I'll get 3! lol
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3983 posts
708 upvotes
esoxhntr wrote: would let me pick detached home, didn't recognize it as a valid value. i entered semi-detached and it worked. weird.

Same here, had to pick wemo detached to move to step 2.

I don't like how you can't pick what thermostat you would want as I would only want the ecobee
Aug 19, 2013
293 posts
239 upvotes
Etobicoke
Registered finally but no confirmation email yet.
Tangerine | Public Mobile |STACK MC
Jul 25, 2017
6 posts
5 upvotes

I think you have to let the page load completely before you go on selecting an option. Selecting an option before the page loads will render that option as invalid and you will be forced to select some other option to move to the next page. I think this seems like a technical glitch for sure.
Dec 21, 2009
380 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
so for a detached home with ac unit/furnace is ecobee the best option?
Nov 22, 2006
446 posts
328 upvotes
murtadi007 wrote: Everyones gotta ease up, it's just a small government organization webpage. This is like when Parks Canada was offering free park passes and website crashed for hours. There's 100k units, it'll last for a few days.
You do realize you're on RFD right?? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sep 28, 2005
646 posts
18 upvotes
After trying online and by phone I was finally was able to get through online and sign up. Got the confirmation email too.

Thanks OP.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13348 posts
13688 upvotes
Oakville
engineered wrote: I also just tried a 3rd time without errors or email.... hopefully I'll get the tstat... maybe I'll get 3! lol
I finally just got the confirmation email.
Oct 24, 2008
914 posts
551 upvotes
I have a Honeywell Wifi thermostat. as far as I know its not a "smart" thermostat, do I still qualify? I think the only benefit is I can control it from outside the house, but I don't think it can learn.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21166 posts
10604 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I was expecting the 100k units to be gone by the afternoon. Lasting a couple days is pretty optimistic.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao