Tags:
None
Nov 23, 2010
883 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
xNoOd1eS wrote:
Apr 4th, 2018 10:21 am
Anyone else having this problem with the ecobee? Ever since they installed the thermostat, I've been getting this message at 6 am.

"you have an alert message from ecobee for thermostat: Living Room :

There may be a problem with the Furnace. For the past 2 hours the thermostat has been calling for heat, but the room temperature has decreased by 1.6C."

I've tried playing with all the settings and what not on the ecobee.
Thats interesting - Do you have the sensors hooked up?

If not, and its just the thermostat stand alone maybe try doing a complete power cycle of the thermostat - Turn off your furnace and back on I believe does the trick

When I first got my thermostat installed, it had an alert in it that was "stuck". Everytime the temp went below a certain temperature, I would get some sort of alert that its below the threshold. I couldnt for the life of me figure out how to reset it aside from just restarting/powering down the thermostat and starting all over again. Maybe you have something similarly "stuck"
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2973 posts
500 upvotes
Aurora, ON
xNoOd1eS wrote:
Apr 4th, 2018 10:21 am
Anyone else having this problem with the ecobee? Ever since they installed the thermostat, I've been getting this message at 6 am.

"you have an alert message from ecobee for thermostat: Living Room :

There may be a problem with the Furnace. For the past 2 hours the thermostat has been calling for heat, but the room temperature has decreased by 1.6C."

I've tried playing with all the settings and what not on the ecobee.
Does this help? https://www.reddit.com/r/ecobee/comment ... _aux_heat/
Nov 19, 2007
392 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
chillychin wrote:
Apr 4th, 2018 10:29 am
Thats interesting - Do you have the sensors hooked up?

If not, and its just the thermostat stand alone maybe try doing a complete power cycle of the thermostat - Turn off your furnace and back on I believe does the trick

When I first got my thermostat installed, it had an alert in it that was "stuck". Everytime the temp went below a certain temperature, I would get some sort of alert that its below the threshold. I couldnt for the life of me figure out how to reset it aside from just restarting/powering down the thermostat and starting all over again. Maybe you have something similarly "stuck"
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

I called Green ON and told them my situation. They are sending a technician today. Should I just ask to be switched to the NEST? I never had problems with NEST before.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9023 posts
933 upvotes
They are going to show up today to install. As my luck has it, my internet is down so no wifi and Robbers won't come out to fix it until Sat. Bah!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6033 posts
869 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 8:05 am
They are going to show up today to install. As my luck has it, my internet is down so no wifi and Robbers won't come out to fix it until Sat. Bah!
They should still install it though as it will function as a "dumb" tstat until your internet is back up.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9023 posts
933 upvotes
mark_in_2k wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 9:10 am
They should still install it though as it will function as a "dumb" tstat until your internet is back up.
Yeah. I figured I'll have to set up the "fancier" things myself when internet is back up. Hopefully it means it will be a quicker installation too.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9023 posts
933 upvotes
Just had my thermostat installed, great people. Friendly, helpful and thorough. Although the energy audit thing seemed stupid and useless, they didn't even do anything but fill out some form and ask some questions, no testing or anything.

Anyways, my Ecobee works, too bad my wifi isn't working so I will do the set up stuff later.

Very happy about it.
Feb 3, 2012
110 posts
30 upvotes
T.O.
nice4 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 5:36 pm
First there is only 3 segments on a daily schedule (my old Thermostat has 4) and then now my question is can we able completely DISABLE any schedule what so ever as we wanted ?
I initially thought of that as well. Was reassured that I can add more 'Comfort Settings' to my schedule when I was playing around with it after logging into the Ecobee online portal.
Nov 23, 2010
883 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
sputnik99112 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 12:37 am
I initially thought of that as well. Was reassured that I can add more 'Comfort Settings' to my schedule when I was playing around with it after logging into the Ecobee online portal.
Yes you can add more "periods" as they call them. It's not limited to just 3 "periods".

I currently have 5 of them.
Nov 16, 2005
211 posts
2 upvotes
Evobee, the comfort level might be limited, sleep/leave/home that is.
Another issue with evobee is it is Off/On while furnace is running. Well they claimed my furnace is overheated and it shuts power off while blower still running so, therefore evobee is also off. I personally think that it might be `normal ` with old/aged furnace rather believed the evobee is NOT compatible with my furnace. Still testing it now and one-day I might put my old Honeywell back.
Nov 23, 2010
883 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
nice4 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 6:39 pm
Evobee, the comfort level might be limited, sleep/leave/home that is.
Another issue with evobee is it is Off/On while furnace is running. Well they claimed my furnace is overheated and it shuts power off while blower still running so, therefore evobee is also off. I personally think that it might be `normal ` with old/aged furnace rather believed the evobee is NOT compatible with my furnace. Still testing it now and one-day I might put my old Honeywell back.
Your not limited to just sleep/leave/home - You can add as many custom periods as you want

https://support.ecobee.com/hc/en-us/art ... y-schedule
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4768 posts
1646 upvotes
A Place to Stand
I bought a Honeywell WIFI thermostat after a good deal was posted here with the intention of installing it myself, but brought it back when I got the email saying to call and book an appointment. So mad I brought it back, should have just installed it myself. What an absolute waste of time this has been with these GreenOn dolts. Endless calls I've made to them with the promise someone would look into it and call me back, and nobody would. An entire winter passed, and nothing but a run-around BS that kept promising someone would come out, only to have them call and cancel the appointment. I have wasted so much time on these idiots I should have just done it myself from the get-go. I've invested so much time now, I feel obligated to see this through, but I don't know if it is worth the effort. An epic farce. If you don't live in a big-ish city, the Ontario gubment and their GreenOn troop of rag-tag morons will dangle the carrot in front of your face and give you excuse after excuse until you quit in frustration. Going on a few months shy of a year after my first encounter with these clowns, with no end in sight. Likely one of the most inept, hastily pulled together collection of arse-hats I've had the displeasure of dealing with in a LONG time.
Nov 23, 2010
883 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
midget_man wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 1:59 pm
I bought a Honeywell WIFI thermostat after a good deal was posted here with the intention of installing it myself, but brought it back when I got the email saying to call and book an appointment. So mad I brought it back, should have just installed it myself. What an absolute waste of time this has been with these GreenOn dolts. Endless calls I've made to them with the promise someone would look into it and call me back, and nobody would. An entire winter passed, and nothing but a run-around BS that kept promising someone would come out, only to have them call and cancel the appointment. I have wasted so much time on these idiots I should have just done it myself from the get-go. I've invested so much time now, I feel obligated to see this through, but I don't know if it is worth the effort. An epic farce. If you don't live in a big-ish city, the Ontario gubment and their GreenOn troop of rag-tag morons will dangle the carrot in front of your face and give you excuse after excuse until you quit in frustration. Going on a few months shy of a year after my first encounter with these clowns, with no end in sight. Likely one of the most inept, hastily pulled together collection of arse-hats I've had the displeasure of dealing with in a LONG time.
Im sorry to hear of your experience

I also respect how well written your post is in light of all this frustration. If I were in your shoes I would not be able to speak with out some expletives!
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3669 posts
1058 upvotes
Ontario
Just got accepted for an appt in June 2018. Chose the ecobee over the nest, see how it goes.
Jan 17, 2013
40 posts
2 upvotes
Cambridge
This thread has been dead for a few weeks now.... im surprised. My setup appointment is supposed to be on the 19th. Hopefully they show up....